The NFL needs to stop allowing ties in the regular season

49ersfan

15 hours ago, incognito_man said:

The GB vs MIN one is especially bad because the refs did everything they possibly could to gift MIN the tie.

Gross.

You mean gift them a win. The tie was from their own incompetence.

As I saw a sports writer tweet it, "The refs robbed the Packers of a win, gave it to the Vikings and they crashed the getaway car into a tree."

What’s the point of even playing the game of at the end no one wins or loses?

Ties have no business in professional sports.  Any sports really, but especially ones where folks pay $$.

That said, I’m not mad at our tie, we were undefeated for a week and tied for second in the conference. Those were the good old days.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You mean gift them a win. The tie was from their own incompetence.

As I saw a sports writer tweet it, "The refs robbed the Packers of a win, gave it to the Vikings and they crashed the getaway car into a tree."

More accurately, the refs gifted the Packers a win in the first half, but took it back in the second half. 

The way I see it is this, if you can't score at least a FG in an extra 10 min period then you don't deserve the win. They should be happy they tied vs. losing the game. As a fan, I love watching a tie. It's so fun to watch the reactions at the end of the game. I would also hate a tie if it happened to my team which has happened in recent years with them. I felt weird, I didn't know if I should be upset or ok that we didn't lose the game.

13 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

The way I see it is this, if you can't score at least a FG in an extra 10 min period then you don't deserve the win. They should be happy they tied vs. losing the game. As a fan, I love watching a tie. It's so fun to watch the reactions at the end of the game. I would also hate a tie if it happened to my team which has happened in recent years with them. I felt weird, I didn't know if I should be upset or ok that we didn't lose the game.

Well, they can score a FG and still tie, if the other teams gets a FG in their first possession. But yeah, generally I agree with you. I wish they had just kept the OT at 15 minutes, but I don't think they need to get rid of ties altogether. The league is toying with a longer season with more games - I don't think the occasional extra 5 minutes of OT is more of a safety issue.

14 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

As a moderator I would expect that you would be able to leave your homerism at the door and your emotions in check before posting in the forum.  You are supposed to be an example of quality posting, not unobjective comments and insults.

It's a clueless take on your part. I didn't say anything about you. There's nothing quality about your post. Little to nothing went the Packers way in the 1st half officiating wise and your baseless claim proves it.

Archived