The NFL needs to stop allowing ties in the regular season

49ersfan

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

It was a terribly officiated game, but lets not pretend that there were bad calls for both sides. Equally bad. Crying about the refs favoring the Vikings is a typical post in this situation.

No kidding. Did the refs gift Diggs or Thielen those incredible TD catches?

I said it in the other thread but while the new rule is absolutely trash, that was the right call. I hate these new rules that keep getting implemented that make it so you cannot even touch a QB.

I remember a play earlier in the game where some Dlineman from the Packers almost had Cousins wrapped up then he just let up and stopped. He didn't get the sack, Cousins scrambled away and threw the ball (forgot the outcome of that)...but what the hell is that? Was he so scared of getting called for a penalty that he gave up when he thought he'd have the sack? Dude literally had Cousins wrapped up.

Might as well make blitzing illegal and only allow 4 people max to ever go after the QB.

12 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

we didnt have an issue with ties before going down to 10 mins...

no need to do the college humbajimba

We've had an increase in ties since 2012 well before the 10 minute OT was implemented (before that there was only 4 ties in 23 seasons).

Many who watch college football only have praised their OT system. And many games that went into multiple OTs in college have likewise been praised as classics.

24 minutes ago, pf9 said:

We've had an increase in ties since 2012 well before the 10 minute OT was implemented (before that there was only 4 ties in 23 seasons).

Many who watch college football only have praised their OT system. And many games that went into multiple OTs in college have likewise been praised as classics.

in 2012, we went away from a sudden death sutuation, and a fg for the first possesion no longer won the game

that, coupled with the decrease in time will lead to many tie games.

the college rules are silly

5 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

the college rules are silly

Try telling that to fans of Alabama, Arkansas, Ball State, Buffalo, FIU, Kentucky, North Texas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, UTEP, UTSA, and Western Michigan

They have all witnessed their teams play a 5+OT game, and they have all said, even those who watched their team lose, that those were some of the greatest college FB games ever. I want to see games like those in the NFL.

34 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Try telling that to fans of Alabama, Arkansas, Ball State, Buffalo, FIU, Kentucky, North Texas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, UTEP, UTSA, and Western Michigan

They have all witnessed their teams play a 5+OT game, and they have all said, even those who watched their team lose, that those were some of the greatest college FB games ever. I want to see games like those in the NFL.

makes my point

Archived