SNF - Cowboys vs Giants

Webmaster

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Next few weeks are @ Houston, v Saints, @ Carolina, v Eagles, @ Atlanta, and v Washington. We could easily be 0-8 heading into the bye.

These two aren't as hard as originally thought. The Texans are one loss away from turning into a complete dumpster fire, and the Saints were a competent K away from breaking the longest winless streak in league history. 

Not saying these are gimmies, but there is just as much concern on the other side of these matchups.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I didn't want a QB this past draft because I didn't like any of them enough (Darnold was the only one. And for the record, I loved Mahomes in 2017. I also really liked Trubisky). The reason people were saying the Giants were dumb for not taking a QB this past year is because "they won't be picking this high again". Obviously, that isn't true. Two weeks in, the Giants are competing with the Lions, Cardinals, and Bills for worst team in the NFL, and they have got a much harder schedule than any of those other teams. Next few weeks are @ Houston, v Saints, @ Carolina, v Eagles, @ Atlanta, and v Washington. We could easily be 0-8 heading into the bye.

Yeah but this is a really weak QB draft as opposed to 2018 which was called the deepest in years by many. PS I wanted them to take Barkley and I'm still happy with the choice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gmen said:

It’s very frustrating watching this offensive line get destroyed.  I was hoping with the Nate Solder and Will Hernandez acquisitions they would play at a respectable level, but that performance last night was worse than any game I remember last year.  It’s even more frustrating knowing that if you swap out this line with just about any other line in the league, it’s a top ten offense.  Saquon Barkley is amazing.  

TBF - The Cowboys lead the league in sacks. I tried to tell everyone our defense was legit. No one wanted to listen. 

16 hours ago, minutemancl said:

The line is bad, but Eli has lost it all. He's done. He gets sacked once then locks in on his check down for the rest of the game. I thought that was a Mcadoo specialty, but it turns out it is just Eli. Start Lauletta, see what you have, and if he sucks too, draft a QB with the #1 pick and you're basically handing him the keys to a Ferrari. 

If only they were in a position to draft a potential franchise QB in the recent draft...

8 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

If only they were in a position to draft a potential franchise QB in the recent draft...

They'll be in just as good of a position next year if they are as bad as they look. 

And I almost shudder to think how much worse our offense would have looked last night if we didn't have Barkley. He is really as good as advertised. He made so many guys miss.

Edited by minutemancl

6 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

They'll be in just as good of a position next year if they are as bad as they look. 

And I almost shudder to think how much worse our offense would have looked last night if we didn't have Barkley. He is really as good as advertised. He made so many guys miss.

That's true. I guess write this season off, and next year you'll have a new QB and the second season of Saquon coming. Still, OL needs major surgery too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

That's true. I guess write this season off, and next year you'll have a new QB and the second season of Saquon coming. Still, OL needs major surgery too.

Saquon and Odell are both here for the next 5 years. The OL definitely needs help; Omameh is not the answer and neither is Flowers. As bad as they looked last night though, it was almost all blown assignments. Halapio, Hernandez, and Solder each blew very obvious assignments that led to sacks, while Omameh couldn't figure out basic T-E stunts, and Eli couldn't identify a corner blitz to save his life. It was at least a bit encouraging to not see the OL get bullied. Rhett Ellison did on a few occasions, but that was it.

Right now, my thoughts are that Gettleman and Shurmur (and myself) were wrong about Eli having another good year in him and another potential run. While that sucks because this season is going to be tough to watch, we are still in a good rebuilding spot. I just hope one of these QBs (Lock, Grier, Stidham, Herbert, or even little Shurmur) can separate themselves and show the qualities Shurmur needs.

Reading all these Giant fans (not here, just online in general) make all these excuses for him is just weird to me. If you're paying a veteran QB 22million a year you expect him to pull up his weird regardless of the talent level of his offense. They could have gotten the same production with Geno Smith for 4% of the cost or signed Teddy Bridgewater for 5 million to get the same production.

3 hours ago, Malik said:

Reading all these Giant fans (not here, just online in general) make all these excuses for him is just weird to me. If you're paying a veteran QB 22million a year you expect him to pull up his weird regardless of the talent level of his offense. They could have gotten the same production with Geno Smith for 4% of the cost or signed Teddy Bridgewater for 5 million to get the same production.

Eli has to play better.  The receivers have to get open better.  The tight ends have to block better. The coaches have to scheme better.   But all of the issues are amplified when there are free rushers hitting the quarterback on every play.   Even Collinsworth was like, wtf have these linemen never seen a stunt before?  Eli could have pulled a Vontae Davis and nobody would blame him.