GDT: Week 3 - Cowboys at Seahawks - Winner gets Earl Thomas

Texas_OutLaw7

27 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

If we were to dip into the college ranks for a coach who isn’t a retread, I’d prefer Kirby Smart. I like coaches who obsess over minutiae, fundamentals, and technique. I’m not saying that Lincoln Riley doesn’t (because I honestly don’t know), but it’s well known that Kirby Smart does.

Smart or Riley would be great

Soooo, I think the whole offensive game-plan is one that is great when all things (run-game) are clicking.

We weren't complaining about the game-plan when it worked - the idea is to control the ball, protect the ball, and chew time up while methodically tiring-out the defense with long power drives. You can point to higher numbers and better stats in 16' but it all came from that smash-mouth run game. That is what opened up the play-action pass game and all the big plays. 

That was all predicated on an elite O-Line. The staff did all you could think possible to ensure that the O-line would be elite again, and it hasn't been. The idea isn't really a bad one: invest big in O-line, elite RB, Game-Manager QB. Big money saved on QB and WR... use money to make the overall team better... Sounds great, and again, it did work in 16'. 

With all of this said, the true failure starts to emerge . . . COACHES' [IN]ABILITY TO ADJUST! At this point I must give Dak some of the benefit of the doubt and think he has been conditioned to protect the football, First, Second, and Third... then maybe go out and try to make/force a play in the passing game. We never abandon the gameplan, and time keeps ticking away, as well as any opportunity to make big-plays and a comeback. 

The Staff needs to abandon their philosophy - our Oline is NOT elite atm. RUN DAK MORE!!! Throw some Deep ball interceptions... Show Dak it wont kill him, and maybe our guy will come down with it or get a flag. Run the Wildcat, pass the ball to Dak, do crazy stuff, because that is all we have to work with!

Right now looking I would agree that our OL is not performing well especially in pass protection. We can sit here and think is Fredrick that valuable well yes yes he is but he is not the only one missing on most of our run blocking plays do not forget that Witten is no longer on one side of the line one of the better blocking TE in football   

2 hours ago, J Shank said:

Soooo, I think the whole offensive game-plan is one that is great when all things (run-game) are clicking.

We weren't complaining about the game-plan when it worked - the idea is to control the ball, protect the ball, and chew time up while methodically tiring-out the defense with long power drives. You can point to higher numbers and better stats in 16' but it all came from that smash-mouth run game. That is what opened up the play-action pass game and all the big plays. 

That was all predicated on an elite O-Line. The staff did all you could think possible to ensure that the O-line would be elite again, and it hasn't been. The idea isn't really a bad one: invest big in O-line, elite RB, Game-Manager QB. Big money saved on QB and WR... use money to make the overall team better... Sounds great, and again, it did work in 16'. 

With all of this said, the true failure starts to emerge . . . COACHES' [IN]ABILITY TO ADJUST! At this point I must give Dak some of the benefit of the doubt and think he has been conditioned to protect the football, First, Second, and Third... then maybe go out and try to make/force a play in the passing game. We never abandon the gameplan, and time keeps ticking away, as well as any opportunity to make big-plays and a comeback. 

The Staff needs to abandon their philosophy - our Oline is NOT elite atm. RUN DAK MORE!!! Throw some Deep ball interceptions... Show Dak it wont kill him, and maybe our guy will come down with it or get a flag. Run the Wildcat, pass the ball to Dak, do crazy stuff, because that is all we have to work with!

I tried to "like" this post but ran out of them. But in the meantime, I agree.

Dak getting sacked last year all-game long by 1 DE and the coaches never adjusting is total proof of how bad they are at in game adjusting especially.

On 9/24/2018 at 9:54 AM, quiller said:

Right now looking I would agree that our OL is not performing well especially in pass protection. We can sit here and think is Fredrick that valuable well yes yes he is but he is not the only one missing on most of our run blocking plays do not forget that Witten is no longer on one side of the line one of the better blocking TE in football   

I think how big the Witten loss is been overlooked. What made him THE BEST TE EVER in the game, was the fact he was ELITE in both the pass game and blocking game. He may not have been the Best Ever receiving TE or the Best Ever blocking TE but he is among the Best Ever in both categories.

That was an extremely valuable asset, particularly, in a smash-mouth offense. Its incredible to be able to run the 12-Formation and have a monster threat that can own you in the pass game as a receiver or own you as a blocker - you don't know until the ball is snapped where your getting owned. Just the hesitation and uncertainty that it makes the defense contend with, is incredibly valuable. That hesitation is killer in both facets of the game, but really a killer in the run game.

10 minutes ago, J Shank said:

I think how big the Witten loss is been overlooked. What made him THE BEST TE EVER in the game, was the fact he was ELITE in both the pass game and blocking game. He may not have been the Best Ever receiving TE or the Best Ever blocking TE but he is among the Best Ever in both categories.

That was an extremely valuable asset, particularly, in a smash-mouth offense. Its incredible to be able to run the 12-Formation and have a monster threat that can own you in the pass game as a receiver or own you as a blocker - you don't know until the ball is snapped where your getting owned. Just the hesitation and uncertainty that it makes the defense contend with, is incredibly valuable. That hesitation is killer in both facets of the game, but really a killer in the run game.

It has been overlooked by most, but NOT ME. Remember weapons, weapons, weapons include the TE. Truth be told getting another Witten won't be easy. But we have to at least upgrade of Swaim

51 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

NextGen has Dak's time to throw at 2.99s. 3rd highest in the league.

It's all because of Daks ability to scramble though. He literally has someone all over him before Looney can get him the ball. Literally.

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats is not time in the pocket. Thats time it took Dak to throw the ball including his scrambling. Completely different argument. 

So he holds on to the ball almost longer than anyone?

Archived