Seahawks @ Bears, 9/17/18, 7:15 CT, GAME THREAD

beardown3231

I'm not going to be as creative as you folks with this. This is a hard-hat/lunch-pail game thread. It's to the point.

The match-up to watch is Seattle's OL vs the Bears rush. Germain Ifedi is terrible, and the rest of the Seahawks line isn't much better; they put the 2010 Bears OL to shame. Can Hicks, Goldman, RRH, Mack and Floyd take advantage and make life hell for Wilson?

The second match-up to watch is the Bears run game vs Seattle's linebackers. The Seahawks have a never-was (Mingo), a criminal (Kendricks) and an actual person I guess (Calitro) playing linebacker tonight. Will Nagy keep it 60-65% run, or will he get pass happy once again?

Bears 24-13

I'll be very very shocked if the Bears don't win this game tonight.  I mean it's the NFL and Russ Wilson is no joke but there is really no reason why Bears shouldn't win this one at home tonight.

This isn't the same Seahawks team of years past and they are missing 3 of their best players in Baldwin, Wagner and Wright.

Bears 27

Hawks 10

I would be concerned if we don't win and win well tonight...looking at that team Wilson is still a quality QB but I expect us to shut down their RBBC by dominating their OL...on the outside the Seahawks have no on who should really threaten us...I would love to see far more of Roquan in this game after how explosive he looked in only 8 snaps against the packers...Mack should dominate when rushing the passer too...

Offensively we should be able to put up points...this Seahawks team does not have the passrush, size or speed of yesteryear...run the ball early...open up the middle of the field for play action then get the horizontal rushing attack and deep sideline throws to Robinson going. 

I think I've realised I hate being favorites but this is a really good chance to get our season going tonight. Look at the run of games we have coming up:

vs Seattle

@ Arizona

vs Tampa Bay

@ Miami

vs New England

vs Jets

@ Buffalo

vs Detroit

Arguments can be made that we have a legitimate shot at winning 7 of those 8 games (with the exception of the Patriots). I'm not saying we will come away with 7 wins (because we won't), but with a good performance tonight I think this team could roll with it and have a decent run coming up.

If the Bears do not win tonight it will be time to uncover the panic button and hover the hand.

This is a massively depleted team coming in on MNF to Soldier Field and the Bears are coming off a bad loss. If they cannot rise up and win then we are in trouble for this season.

Mitch needs to play better. Nagy needs to coach better, otherwise the doubt about the 2 most important people in our franchise will creep in.

Bears 23-20. Mitch throws a TD to Burton, Howard rushes for 1. 

I expect Mitch to play better, but still misread some coverages.  I think they throw downfield more, which is cool, but he gets an INT.  Think they trust Howard more.  Kevin White catches a pass!  

Defense beats the hell out of Wilson, including a big cleanup play from R Smith.   Wilsons froggering still nets some crazy throws that burn the Bears secondary for 2 TDs. 

Over/Under on mentioning the torchjob Rodgers threw down last week at 3.5

Over/Under on mentioning how the Seahawks are not the same team as the SB team/mentions of how few players from the SB win are still on the roster set at 7.5.  Take the over!

I have come to the conclusion that this is going to take longer than I had hoped on offense and the buzz of the Mack trade and dreams of 10-6 have faded.

That being said the Bears are the more talented team. With the injuries to the Seahawks I cannot think of many positions where they are better than the Bears outside of FS.

At some point as the more talented team you need to win the damn game. It might not be pretty on offense, but this is an extremely winnable game.

I'm nervous about this game bc almost everybody is picking the Bears and I've been  Bears fan my whole life and it always seems like the Bears lose when everybody picks them.  That said I expect a win tonight.  I expect the offense to take a couple steps and I expect our DL to dominate the LOS.  Bear down

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I'm nervous about this game bc almost everybody is picking the Bears and I've been  Bears fan my whole life and it always seems like the Bears lose when everybody picks them.  That said I expect a win tonight.  I expect the offense to take a couple steps and I expect our DL to dominate the LOS.  Bear down

I've bolded the key part of your statement. The Bears lose when they're favored, and lose when they're not. 

15 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Really excited to see Roquan Smith in more game action tonight.

I think he is an easy upgrade over Kwit.  

I don't think there is any doubt on that...you didn't need to find #58 on tge field in those limited snaps...he jumped off the screen...his speed and explosiveness is clear to see and it is something key for Fangio and this scheme.

Archived