Patriots trade for Josh Gordon from Browns

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

Dumb. NE shafted you out of obtaining Jimmy G. A year later you do them a solid and trade to them. Browns suck

In their eyes, it must be that they aren't doing us a favour. Maybe they consider him an anthrax envelope or something. They clearly wanted rid of him.

I'm taking him, but I expect a fall out as much as I expect good production.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I actually didn't think it was that bad of a return if they were done with him. Obviously nobody else was putting in a higher offer. His market value is his market value. It's low risk high upside for the Pats, but that percentage of busting out has to be considered fairly high. 

LBC mentioned the time issue too. They were approaching the window where he had to remain on the books and be paid for the week. Maybe other teams were too slow to get their offers in? Speculation.

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

LBC mentioned the time issue too. They were approaching the window where he had to remain on the books and be paid for the week. Maybe other teams were too slow to get their offers in? Speculation.

Absolutely. I feel like we as fans often  underestimate the importance of the business side of these type of moves. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Is Gordon unrestricted or restricted next year? I get confused by what service time he's actually acquired. 

He's a RFA next year.   So Pats get 2 years of his services...but if he misses 10+ games, then they get 2019 and 2020.

Here's a fun fact - Hogan is UFA.  So next year's Pats WR corps would be Josh Gordon and Corey Coleman, with old man Edelman too. 

Normally taking 2 starters from the 2017 0-16 team to start on the 2016 SB winner / 2017 finalist doesn't scream #championship, but we've seen BB & TB12 get more from worse players.

EDIT:  Coleman was cut to let Gordon come on.  Ah well, that would have been fun to speculate on.

1 minute ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Ummm 1,646 yards / 9 TDs in 14 games = couldn't count on him???????????

I he was suspended for the first two games. Two of the wins that year, Gordon didn’t do squat. Also what did Gordon do to follow up his meaningless stat season. Got suspended for a whole season. 

2 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

xDAt thinking the Cleveland organization is outsmarting the Pats

Well they got a 5th for Goeson, a 3rd out of Shelton, and another pick for McCourty. All guys who would have ended up getting cut before during or after the season

dorsey ain’t messing around 

Archived