Beast Of The East - NFC East Discussion Thread

D82

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

So, Cam Newton went and pulled a Full Eli last night. Giving up 3 Int’s and 2 of them he was back up in their own end zone making for easy points for stupid iggles. Smfh 

my FB timeline is full of eagle puke stains! Thanks Carolina now I have to deal with all the inflated heads of iggle phanatics!! 

It's warranted, though. Our D is straight nasty and was compared to that 92 D with Reggie.  They had 13 carries for 1 yard or so...1 Yard!  Guys keep dropping like flies and they find ways to still win.  Can't wait until our first game together.  It'll be a shame Zeke won't be there.  Don't want any handicaps for any team so there's fairness.  

See you in a few.

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Wentz has done great. It is clear why our coaching staff loved  him.

Will be interesting rivalry with Wentz and Dak. Meanwhile Giants and Skins will likely need too rebuild.

I don't think the Skins necessarily need to rebuild unless Kirk jets town.

6 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Couldn't care less about Philly with the issues we're having.

At this point we're not even close to a playoff team, much less a Superbowl contender, so yeah what our rivals do doesn't really bother me.

Pretty much.

There's lots of fans on Twitter and Reddit and such trying to dismiss the Eagles' fast start because they also started hot in 2014 and 2016 but still missed the playoffs. It's like, yeah, ok, but our team was good those years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:

Pretty much.

There's lots of fans on Twitter and Reddit and such trying to dismiss the Eagles' fast start because they also started hot in 2014 and 2016 but still missed the playoffs. It's like, yeah, ok, but our team was good those years.

Just like all my friends laughing at the Giants and their 48 WR's that went down this weekend...

We're 2-3 with arguably the worst defense in the NFL...we're in no position to be laughing at anyone.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, after this Atlanta beat down. It's clear we have some serious issues. And not to be over dramatic.

Tyron out for who knows how long.

Lee out for who knows how long.

Bailey our for who knows how long.

Zeke out for probably 5 more games.

And we lose almost all of the tie breakers right now.

Again, not to be overly dramatic, but I think it's going to be tough for us to even make it in as a WC. I certainly hope I'm wrong, but it's hard to think we can make it in. Right now we're on the outside at least a game back from a WC spot.

Quite frankly...I'm indifferent either way. It would figure that the one year the defense finally seems to step it up, we have issues on offense and are hit by injuries and a BS suspension to our star running back. 

I'm starting to lose interest in the NFL...and I really hate to say that. Has nothing to do with team performance and everything to do with the inconsistent enforcement of suspensions, the penalties, and a variety of other things. 

5 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Quite frankly...I'm indifferent either way. It would figure that the one year the defense finally seems to step it up, we have issues on offense and are hit by injuries and a BS suspension to our star running back. 

I'm starting to lose interest in the NFL...and I really hate to say that. Has nothing to do with team performance and everything to do with the inconsistent enforcement of suspensions, the penalties, and a variety of other things. 

Can't say I disagree. 99% of it the NFL has inflicted on themselves. Think Mark Cuban may have nailed it...pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. 

10 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Can't say I disagree. 99% of it the NFL has inflicted on themselves. Think Mark Cuban may have nailed it...pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. 

Basically.

I have no issue with the protests, I see them for what they are and the reasoning behind them. My issue has always been the rule changes in favor of the offense, the inability of referee's to correctly enforce the rules (you think they would know what is or isn't a catch, what constitutes holding, etc.) by now, especially the ones who have been doing this for 20+ years. I understand that the players union agreed to the stipulations in the current CBA which has essentially led to the sideshow that is Goodell's attempt at handing down suspensions but believe that has had an impact. 

I feel like the overall play of the league has decreased as well. They've limited contact during the off-season to try and help with player safety, but it's backfired and led to an increase in injuries if you ask me. Hell, I hardly even watch college football anymore either. 

16 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Two games were lost directly to the crap defense we continually put out there. Ws vs the Rams and GB the Cowboys are 7-2 instead of 5-4 right now. But other than Lawrence, Collins and Jourdan Lewis, who can the Cowboys depend on to make plays? Lee is great but undependable and so is Awuzie. Byron Jones is not an impactful player and Jaylon looks lost out there. The top end talent is simply not there. 

As for losing interest in the NFL, I agree 100%. I use to be glued to the TV waiting to watch some football... now it doesn't bother me if I miss the games. I blame the referees who decide games with blown calls (w/o a known punishment), the owner's responses to player protests and Goodell as the reason why  I don't care about the NFL that much anymore.  

Edited by Tony7188