NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

That's the sort of logic I'd expect from you. Not sure why I'm surprised, to be blunt. 

What are you talking about? It’s facts my guy. That’s literally the dumbest thing you can say. I’m just being blun. What are we in the 70s? Ok chief. Without Janoris comp pick we don’t land Goff.. 

3 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

What are you talking about? It’s facts my guy. That’s literally the dumbest thing you can say. I’m just being blun. What are we in the 70s? Ok chief. Without Janoris comp pick we don’t land Goff.. 

So, of the picks netted for RG3 - Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins, Zac Stacy, Greg Robinson, Alec Ogletree, etc - the only good thing about it was that one of these guys signed elsewhere, and that comp pick was flipped (along with several high end picks that were not in fact, comp picks from that trade) for your QB? Out of ALL of those picks, that's the only good thing about it? (That and Brockers, I guess?)

That's "Jadevion Clowney to Seattle for nothing" bad. You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to spin it any other way.

But again... your logic is REALLY baffling.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, of the picks netted for RG3 - Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins, Zac Stacy, Greg Robinson, Alec Ogletree, etc - the only good thing about it was that one of these guys signed elsewhere, and that comp pick was flipped (along with several high end picks that were not in fact, comp picks from that trade) for your QB? Out of ALL of those picks, that's the only good thing about it? (That and Brockers, I guess?)

That's "Jadevion Clowney to Seattle for nothing" bad. You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to spin it any other way.

By his own logic, because Jeff Fisher made those picks and got them Goff, who spent the entire Super Bowl punching himself in the **** and making Ram fans cry sweet delicious tears, Jeff Fisher is the guy who forced the Rams to lose the SB.

So basically Jeff Fisher is 1-1 in the Super Bowls against the Rams, and a SB champion by proxy.

Facts only bruh. We are all hear to kiss Jeff Fisher's SB ring.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I’ll never defend the picks made from that trade. But it is comical watching fans who’s teams can’t make the playoffs or win games there pull out this joke. Most of us just laugh, too bad the forum doesn’t have a laugh button next to the shiny football, but Rammy can’t avoid that bait. We still love him anyways.

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

I’ll never defend the picks made from that trade. But it is comical watching fans who’s teams can’t make the playoffs or win games there pull out this joke. Most of us just laugh, too bad the forum doesn’t have a laugh button next to the shiny football, but Rammy can’t avoid that bait. We still love him anyways.

Well, as soon as one of those fans from one of those teams show up, let me know. I think the Texans won five of the last 10 AFCS titles?

Making the playoffs isn't the problem in Houston.

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

Well, as soon as one of those fans from one of those teams show up, let me know. I think the Texans won five of the last 10 AFCS titles?

Making the playoffs isn't the problem in Houston.

Hence the second part of the comment, win when they get there. Two years ago this team was 4-12 and if you think a bad SB performance is going to embarrass Rams fans you didn’t pay attention to the previous 15 years. We’d have loved BOB on those putrid teams over Linehan, Spagnola andFisher.

• Like 1

Hence the second part of the comment, win when they get there. Two years ago this team was 4-12 and if you think a bad SB performance is going to embarrass Rams fans you didn’t pay attention to the previous 15 years. We’d have loved BOB on those putrid teams over Linehan, Spagnola andFisher.

All hail Bill Devaney. Et so soggy like his knees. Bob is love! Bob is life 

9 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Two years ago this team was 4-12 and if you think a bad SB performance is going to embarrass Rams fans you didn’t pay attention to the previous 15 years.

No, I get that. I just assumed that there would be a bit more humility, especially given that it should have been Saints/Patriots last year.

There's a saying - act as if you've been there before. This off-season makes me feel like this team hasn't been there before, with all the chest thumping that comes from what amounts to a SB participation ribbon.

Part of it is Rammy being Rammy, I get that - but who would I be if I didn't rain on that parade, I ask?

I wouldn't be ET, that's who.

9 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

We’d have loved BOB on those putrid teams over Linehan, Spagnola andFisher.

I can concede to this. Almost. BOB is pretty bad.

Just now, ET80 said:

No, I get that. I just assumed that there would be a bit more humility, especially given that it should have been Saints/Patriots last year.

There's a saying - act as if you've been there before. This off-season makes me feel like this team hasn't been there before, with all the chest thumping that comes from what amounts to a SB participation ribbon.

Part of it is Rammy being Rammy, I get that - but who would I be if I didn't rain on that parade, I ask?

I wouldn't be ET, that's who.

I can concede to this. Almost. BOB is pretty bad.

It shouldn’t have been the Saints but I’m not gonna get into one missed penalty and ignore all the others missed in every other game including that game. 

As for for the rest you acknowledge a troll and expect humility from him :D

It shouldn’t have been the Saints but I’m not gonna get into one missed penalty and ignore all the others missed in every other game including that game. 

We will agree to disagree. This is a perfectly reasonable course of action.

2 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

As for for the rest you acknowledge a troll and expect humility from him :D

Fair point, fair point indeed. But, no need to knock the Ravens and their ST based HC. 

THAT'S where I draw the line. ST coaches are people, too. xD

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

We will agree to disagree. This is a perfectly reasonable course of action.

Fair point, fair point indeed. But, no need to knock the Ravens and their ST based HC. 

THAT'S where I draw the line. ST coaches are people, too. xD

Bones is a hero to Rams fans, even if some underestimate his influence on the bottom of the roster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Honestly though, good for MM. Brown is going to have a very short career as a Raider.

Yeah glad Mayock is setting a tone, you give your vets certain special treatment. But you can’t allow what he’s been trying to get away with, sets a terrible example.

I was slightly on ABs side with Ben, but all the stuff since I have no idea what’s up with him.