2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I'm kinda interested in wheeling and dealing.  Move down from 12 to the late teens (16-29), pick up a 3rd and then move up from our 2nd round pick with a 4th round pick.  3 picks inside the top 36 is pretty appealing to me.  Just kinda depends on how the board breaks down.

It really depends on how the board falls. One I've seen is going from 12 to 17 for CLE's 1 and 2 which doesn't quite work (GB would need at least a 4th to get it close), but something along those lines interests me as well. Getting top 50 picks is important and using day 3 picks as ways to maneuver (since most day 3 picks don't add value) is always a way to go.

Just now, rcon14 said:

It really depends on how the board falls. One I've seen is going from 12 to 17 for CLE's 1 and 2 which doesn't quite work (GB would need at least a 4th to get it close), but something along those lines interests me as well. Getting top 50 picks is important and using day 3 picks as ways to maneuver (since most day 3 picks don't add value) is always a way to go.

That's not happening.  I don't think there's anyone who Cleveland is going to be that motivated to move up for.  Last year, Arizona gave up their 3rd and 5th round pick to move up from 15 to 10 to select Josh Rosen.  That's probably the "best case" package we could get for our pick in a move down.

49 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm kinda interested in wheeling and dealing.  Move down from 12 to the late teens (16-29), pick up a 3rd and then move up from our 2nd round pick with a 4th round pick.  3 picks inside the top 36 is pretty appealing to me.  Just kinda depends on how the board breaks down.

I'd be up for moving down a couple spots for our #12 for a decent 3rd round pick.  I really like the idea of moving up in the 2nd as you suggested.  Heck, I'd even be ok with moving up in the 3rd round for the right player.   We absolutely need quality players in free agency and this years draft. 

Just now, vegas492 said:

Im more inclined to move down from #30. I dont love the value there right now. I think that 24 through 50 is going to be pretty similar in terms of tiers for players.

There is some value in having that 1st round pick over the 2nd though because of the team option on the 5th year.

Hopefully this trend continues this year

From Dane Brugler:

• In 17 of the last 18 NFL Drafts, at least one quarterback has been selected in the top-five picks. Since the 2001 NFL Draft, only the 2013 class failed to produce a top-five quarterback.
  • Over the last three years, 10 of the 11 quarterbacks drafted in the first round were selected by a team who traded up to secure the pick. Only Baker Mayfield was drafted by a team who originally owned the pick.

Archived