2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I work on Friday, so I am officially on the Get A Third First Round Pick train.  What would it take to get up to like 32?  44th and a 4th?  

More like 2,4,4,5 which is less than exciting for the other team

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What would it take to get up to like 32?  44th and a 4th?  

32 is 590 points, 44 is 460.  130 points is roughly a late 3rd, so you conceivably could swing #114 (66 points) and #118 (58 points) with 44 to move up to the late 1st.

It would probably be easier to get someone to give you an extra day 3 pick or two for 44 and 76.

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

If you don't like him and you're going to comp him to a former Packer, DJ Williams would probably be a better choice. 

Could be but since I dont remember DJ Williams, I cant comp the two.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Could be but since I dont remember DJ Williams, I cant comp the two.

He was a tight end out of Arkansas that won the Mackey award about a decade ago. Very similar size and combine numbers. We drafted him in the 4th or 5th round. He stuck around for a couple seasons and caught like ten balls IIRC. He was rather forgettable. I mostly remember him because I thought it was funny we had an AJ, BJ, CJ and DJ on the roster at the time. 

This'll tell ya that I dont watch any college football........

GB's not in the QB market so I havent been paying any attention to the QBs coming out other than to read the headlines about them.

So I just picked up that Dwayne Haskins chucked 50 TDs and 8 INTs in 14 games last year...........
And I'm wondering how this kid isnt being considered the second coming and why all the buzz is about the pint sized guy that threw 42 TDs and 7 INTs.

What am I missing here? Murray is more exciting? He can scramble really well???

The guy three 50 TDs in 14 games.

7 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Jimmie Ward 

Announced as a DB (and why I missed him) when the 49ers drafted him, but if you want to say that I won't fight you on it. The 49ers plan was never for him to play safety full time either, so it's not entirely dissimilar from the Randall situation (although not exactly the same). 

7 hours ago, Leader said:

CHTV Mock Draft:

Round 1 Pick 12: Trade!!! The Packers trade the 12th pick overall to Oakland for the 24th and 35th picks.

Round 1 Pick 24: Devin Bush LB, Michigan

Round 1 Pick 30: Trade!!! The Packers trade the 30th overall pick to Indianapolis for the 34th, 135th, and 164th picks.

Round 2 Pick 34 (From Indy): Juan Thornhill S, Virginia

Round 2 Pick 35: (From Oakland): Kaleb McGary OT, Washington

Round 2 Pick 44: Irv Smith Jr. TE, Alabama

Round 3 Pick 75: Chase Winovich Edge, Michigan

Round 4 Pick 114: Trade!!! The Packers trade picks 114, 150, and 185 to Washington for the 96th overall pick.

Round 3 Pick 96: Oshane Ximines Edge, Old Dominion

Round 4 Pick 118: David Long CB, Michigan

Round 4 Pick 135 (From Indy): Ryquell Armstead RB, Temple

Round 5 Pick 164 (From Indy): Armon Watts DT, Arkansas

Round 6 Pick 194: Stanley Morgan WR, Nebraska

Round 7 Pick 226: Derwin Gray OT, Maryland

Trades:

1. Pick 12 to Oakland for picks 24 and 35.

2. Pick 30 to Indianapolis for Picks 34, 135, and 164. 

3. Picks 114, 150, and 185 for Pick 96. 

Holy wow. That's bad. 

6 hours ago, Leader said:

This'll tell ya that I dont watch any college football........

GB's not in the QB market so I havent been paying any attention to the QBs coming out other than to read the headlines about them.

So I just picked up that Dwayne Haskins chucked 50 TDs and 8 INTs in 14 games last year...........
And I'm wondering how this kid isnt being considered the second coming and why all the buzz is about the pint sized guy that threw 42 TDs and 7 INTs.

What am I missing here? Murray is more exciting? He can scramble really well???

The guy three 50 TDs in 14 games.

He's Byron Leftwich part two. Kid has zero athletic ability and he's a sitting duck in the pocket. 

Archived