2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You should, but if that's someone's floor and the ceiling is a full time double digit sack guy, I think that's a pretty safe pick. You're telling me if my guy never goes beyond his floor, I've got a situational rusher who will average 6-8 sacks a year. I'm pretty comfortable with that pick then.

I’m not a big fan of those guys as players besides maybe Irvin as a situational guy. I would be fine with that guy at 30 or 44 but don’t really want that type of player at 12. Who would be the pro player comparison for the ceiling of that type of player be? At first glance, I’m having a hard time finding that. Guys like Von Miller and Dee Ford aren’t known to be power guys but not sure I can compare Burns to them. 

11 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Washington might be looking to jump up from 15 to snag Haskins in front of Miami.

Edit: Would take #15 and #77 to make it work I Imagine.

I  would take this move in a second given what I imagine the board is going to look like at 12. 

12 hours ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman:

If I told you that Green Bay would for sure draft from one of these groups @ 12, which group would you lock in?

1. Dillard, D. Bush, Tillery, J. Abram

2. Burns, Oliver, CGJ, Drew Lock

3. Hock, Fant, Jonah, R. Gary

4. Metcalf, Greedy, J. Taylor, Ferrell

?

2.  Drew Lock all the way.

Just now, Leader said:

It's all relative. Who's your target at 12 that you believe will be there at 15?

If Oliver isn't there, there probably isn't a guy I would take at 12 versus trading that pick for 15 and an extra 3rd. Maybe Sweat if we're good on the medical. 

Guys like Burns, Bush, Hock, Dillard, Williams, etc. I wouldn't think twice about accepting that deal from Washington. 

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If Oliver isn't there, there probably isn't a guy I would take at 12 versus trading that pick for 15 and an extra 3rd. Maybe Sweat if we're good on the medical. 

Guys like Burns, Bush, Hock, Dillard, Williams, etc. I wouldn't think twice about accepting that deal from Washington. 

Who knows how its gonna play out....but from the sounds of things, Oliver would have to run over a baby carriage on the way to the draft not to be gone before 12.

I dont take that deal unless I know my guy at 12 is gonna be there at 15. We didnt do all this losing just to back off the high draft pick it earned us and pick up another 3rd round talent.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Who knows how its gonna play out....but from the sounds of things, Oliver would have to run over a baby carriage on the way to the draft not to be gone before 12.

I dont take that deal unless I know my guy at 12 is gonna be there at 15. We didnt do all this losing just to back off the high draft pick it earned us and pick up another 3rd round talent.

That's my point. If we get to 12 and the crop left, for example, is Burns, Bush, Hock, Dillard and Williams, I wouldn't feel bad about losing any of them in picks 12, 13 or 14. I'm moving back to 15, getting another day 2 pick and taking whoever is left of that group. Absent a guy like White or Oliver falling, IMO, there isn't going to be much difference between picks 11 and 20 in this draft.  

29 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If the Packers wanted wanted Washington's 3rd at #76 (and not their comp 3rd at #86), then they'd probably have to give up their own 4th (#118) to balance things. That's fine if all the guys you want are gone, but pretty awful if there is a prime prospect left on the board. If I see one of Oliver/Wilkins/Burns/Ferrell/J.Taylor there, I don't move back. Swapping a 3rd for a 4th just doesn't move me, not with good guys available. Of course, who a 'good guy' is, is down to personal preference. For others that might be Bush or D.K. or Hock or Dillard.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

That's my point. If we get to 12 and the crop left, for example, is Burns, Bush, Hock, Dillard and Williams, I wouldn't feel bad about losing any of them in picks 12, 13 or 14. I'm moving back to 15, getting another day 2 pick and taking whoever is left of that group. Absent a guy like White or Oliver falling, IMO, there isn't going to be much difference between picks 11 and 20 in this draft.  

I think Burns is a Tier 1 talent who's not gonna hang around long.

Just now, OneTwoSixFive said:

If the Packers wanted wanted Washington's 3rd at #76 (and not their comp 3rd at #86), then they'd probably have to give up their own 4th (#118) to balance things. That's fine if all the guys you want are gone, but pretty awful if there is a prime prospect left on the board. If I see one of Oliver/Wilkins/Burns/Ferrell/J.Taylor there, I don't move back. Swapping a 3rd for a 4th just doesn't move me, not with good guys available. Of course, who a 'good guy' is is down to personal preference. For others that might be Bush or D.K. or Hock or Dillard.

Depends how badly Washington wants the pick. If they want a QB, they'll be calling us. Getting a 3rd without giving anything back shouldn't be a problem IMO. 

1 hour ago, Victor1124 said:

I’m not a big fan of those guys as players besides maybe Irvin as a situational guy. I would be fine with that guy at 30 or 44 but don’t really want that type of player at 12. Who would be the pro player comparison for the ceiling of that type of player be? At first glance, I’m having a hard time finding that. Guys like Von Miller and Dee Ford aren’t known to be power guys but not sure I can compare Burns to them. 

He's got the body of Leonard Floyd with a bit more fluidity and a better array of pass rush moves. Not really a body type like his to comp to the play style. You put him in a weak EDGE draft like 2018 and he wouldn't make it to 12 though. 

Archived