2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

2 hours ago, James Lofton said:

Can someone explain to me why the article doesn't even include Darnell Savage, S, Maryland? Is it because he's only 5'11"? He's fast. Seems like he could be a descent free safety to me, which is when we really need.

He is a good downhill player.   goaway.gif

Seriously, since there are only maybe five viable FS types in this draft, it doesn't do to forget any of them.

I love how all the draft guys on social media like to remind you it's lying season, and then fall for every lie in the week before the draft. Remember, the only real difference between a Zach Kruse or Aaron Nagler and you, is that they have more time to post. 

40 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman:

Take these positions off the board at 12 for GB:

QB
RB
WR
IOL
CB
S

It’s going to be OT, TE, DL, Edge, or ILB. If they move down things could change but I can’t see any of those positions at 12. (If they take Jonah it’ll be at OT first).

Nothing earth-shattering here. If anything, Andy is being too conservative by including ILB and TE in there. 

18 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

He is a good downhill player.   goaway.gif

Seriously, since there are only maybe five viable FS types in this draft, it doesn't do to forget any of them.

What draft class are you looking at? 

There's FS types at every level of the draft this year. Safety is probably the deepest position in the entire class. 

47 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Nothing earth-shattering here. If anything, Andy is being too conservative by including ILB and TE in there. 

That is you talking, not the Packers, IMO. I think, if Devin White or TJ Hockenson are there at 12 they are in the conversation for the pick.

I think D. White is better than Roquan Smith and D. Bush is not quite as good. 

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman:

Take these positions off the board at 12 for GB:

QB
RB
WR
IOL
CB
S

It’s going to be OT, TE, DL, Edge, or ILB. If they move down things could change but I can’t see any of those positions at 12. (If they take Jonah it’ll be at OT first).

I really have a hard time believing we go TE in the first without a trade involved.

I get it, newer heads around with newer ideas but 12 is too rich in this draft and I don't see the Iowa boys being around till 30.

I'd rather address EDGE and DL, maybe ILB if someone falls 

I'd be happier taking a few shots at mid-round guys

One of Knox, Warring, Oliver, Smith or Raymond followed up by another day 3 seems like great value to me

1 hour ago, Cadmus said:

There's FS types at every level of the draft this year. Safety is probably the deepest position in the entire class. 

How you feel about Jaquan Johnson and Sheldrick Redwine?

Miami should have 3 safeties drafted by round 5. Pretty crazy depth.

Andy Herman:

If I told you that Green Bay would for sure draft from one of these groups @ 12, which group would you lock in?

1. Dillard, D. Bush, Tillery, J. Abram

2. Burns, Oliver, CGJ, Drew Lock

3. Hock, Fant, Jonah, R. Gary

4. Metcalf, Greedy, J. Taylor, Ferrell

?

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman:

If I told you that Green Bay would for sure draft from one of these groups @ 12, which group would you lock in?

1. Dillard, D. Bush, Tillery, J. Abram

2. Burns, Oliver, CGJ, Drew Lock

3. Hock, Fant, Jonah, R. Gary

4. Metcalf, Greedy, J. Taylor, Ferrell

?

2. 50% at Oliver/Burns with a solid consolation prize in CGJ?

sign me up

2 hours ago, Cadmus said:

I wasn't as clear as i could have been. i was referring to safeties who could play single high. Not many have the range for that.

5 hours ago, Golfman said:

Is this a scenario you made up or is this being reported somewhere? I heard a rumor we were trying to pry Jalen Ramsey away from them. Also heard not likely to happen because what we are offering isn't what they want. 

No it isn't reported anywhere, it's just a question asked to see how people felt about moving up, when it isn't round 1 being discussed.

Archived