Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

36 minutes ago, DR43 said:

Did the Browns give up too much for Watson?

That remains to be seen.

First instinct....yes.

I think he makes them instantly competitive for the division, but Im not convinced he is going to make them an elite team.   Maybe he will....but I don't entirely trust him and I dont trust the Browns not to eff it up.

Its a good move for them....but maybe not as good as its being hyped to be.

We will see.

The Steelers may very well be in the basement of QBs in the division for now, but I am at least thankful that Lamar and Burrow have yet to reach extensions. Gonna be $50M+, especially for Burrow after the TV money hits.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm likely just dreaming here, but now that the wife and I are empty-nesters, and within 5-10 years of retirement, aanndd seeing that I've only driven through the area once or twice, I was wondering if anyone here could sort of 'point me' in the right direction, for a retirement locale--smallish town, preferably in the mountains, or at least, at elevation...say, between at least, 40-50 miles from Pittsburgh, and as far away as 150 miles, or so...

It can be a bit 'resort-ish'...that's fine. In fact, I'm really looking for areas that those who live in and around Pittsburgh go to unwind for a weekend...up in the 'mountains', or a mountain lake, or even ski-resort area (if any exist??)--Think scenic!

Essentially, I'm looking for some idea from you all who live in the area...and yes, WV is fine.  It appears from topographical maps, that places East or South-East of Pittsburgh might be my best alternative, but I'm open to going North, or North-East, if there exists such a place.

Thanks in advance!

10 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

I'm likely just dreaming here, but now that the wife and I are empty-nesters, and within 5-10 years of retirement, aanndd seeing that I've only driven through the area once or twice, I was wondering if anyone here could sort of 'point me' in the right direction, for a retirement locale--smallish town, preferably in the mountains, or at least, at elevation...say, between at least, 40-50 miles from Pittsburgh, and as far away as 150 miles, or so...

It can be a bit 'resort-ish'...that's fine. In fact, I'm really looking for areas that those who live in and around Pittsburgh go to unwind for a weekend...up in the 'mountains', or a mountain lake, or even ski-resort area (if any exist??)--Think scenic!

Essentially, I'm looking for some idea from you all who live in the area...and yes, WV is fine.  It appears from topographical maps, that places East or South-East of Pittsburgh might be my best alternative, but I'm open to going North, or North-East, if there exists such a place.

Thanks in advance!

Wisp resort in far west Maryland.  About 30 minutes from Morgantown.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Wisp resort in far west Maryland.  About 30 minutes from Morgantown.

Thanks, man!  I appreciate it!  I stumbled upon Alpine Lake, WV, which is right on the WV-MD state line, and looks to only be about 40 miles away from your suggestion, but this is exactly what I was kinda hoping to discover.  Places the locals know, and frequent, that I wouldn't have a clue to know to find, haha...Thanks, man!  I'll look into it, some.  Looks like a decent sized lake around there, as well!

Cheers! 

Edited by Ward4HOF

28 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Thanks, man!  I appreciate it!  I stumbled upon Alpine Lake, WV, which is right on the WV-MD state line, and looks to only be about 40 miles away from your suggestion, but this is exactly what I was kinda hoping to discover.  Places the locals know, and frequent, that I wouldn't have a clue to know to find, haha...Thanks, man!  I'll look into it, some.  Looks like a decent sized lake around there, as well!

Cheers! 

Im familiar with @warfelg suggestion of the Wisp…agree wholeheartedly.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Cheers! 

No problems. It’s a great spot. Golf and lake in the summer, skiing in the winter. Trap shooting nearby. There’s still lots of places up for sale too but it is growing fast. Good combo of resorts and locals too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

That game last night was a great reminder how bad coaching can be and how even “the next big thing” can often be a mistake. 

Russ hasn’t really looked very good the last couple of years. I think Denver might have screwed themselves bringing him in and paying him so much. I think they’re firmly behind KC and LAC. I’d take the Raiders over them too. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Russ hasn’t really looked very good the last couple of years. I think Denver might have screwed themselves bringing him in and paying him so much. I think they’re firmly behind KC and LAC. I’d take the Raiders over them too. 

I don’t think they did. I think they made a bigger mistake with the HC. 

Also it’s amazing how much RussHuss’s career is mirroring Bens.