Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

9 hours ago, 43M said:

???

Thought Kyle Hamilton was some elite safety prosoect?

I get that safety takes time to acclimate to coming into the NFL, but its not great that a former 7th rd pick is (supposedly) outplaying a supposed top 5 draft talent.

Could obviously turn it around, but again....not encouraging.

I will chalk that up for one that i was right about in the draft

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Steelers living in their fears so far, so afraid of the deep ball and leaving it wide open underneath and in the middle…instead of running and getting the ball behind the defense, they get it in front of the secondary with space to run…have to be more aggressive to win this game on the road.

Mike Tomlin = hall of fame coach who doesn’t ‘live In his fears.’ Yet, he’s so afraid of a team having two fast wide receivers that he has his secondary playing for a Hail Mary as they run easy in, dig routes and short posts, getting the ball free to run for ten years clips. The media put this coach in the hall of fame, I put him in the please trade him and capitalize over his overrated worth before it’s too late. Play man to man you p-ssy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Hamilton has been much better as of late FWIW.

How about tackles/missed tackles?  Coverage snap?  Did he always make the correct read and cover the right player?  How fast does he meet the RB in the hole?  Does he bite on PA?  I know you don't know these answers and it isn't a dig at you but there are just way too many nuances to the position to try and boil it down to "coverage snaps" and TDs.  I like Hamilton but this stat sheet doesn't tell me much.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chieferific said:

How about tackles/missed tackles?  Coverage snap?  Did he always make the correct read and cover the right player?  How fast does he meet the RB in the hole?  Does he bite on PA?  I know you don't know these answers and it isn't a dig at you but there are just way too many nuances to the position to try and boil it down to "coverage snaps" and TDs.  I like Hamilton but this stat sheet doesn't tell me much.  

Only played 21 snaps in the Browns game. I think Hamiltons best chance is to let him be a coverage LB. 

8 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I just said he’s playing better I’m not trying to make a ROTY argument for him, but I agree these stats don’t tell the whole story. My friend is a die hard Ravens fan and said he has looked more comfortable every week FWIW. 

He’s a rookie and they are moving him around all over the field. The same posters who say “you can’t judge a rookie until after 2-3 years” will take a victory lap on a player after 3 games if it aligns with their take, that was my point.

And yes I’m defensive on this because I at one point said we should trade up for Hamilton 😅

12 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

It's kind of hilarious that the Steelers have started this bad and still have a very realistic chance to win the north. 

ya know...by the numbers....not because we are good or anything (looking at you offense). 

we're probably in 1st place in the north with a offense that ranks in the 20-25 range and not 28-32 in everything

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

It’s ok. BHall and JWilliams were my top two picks and both tore ACLs along with Wilson and Brady being my QBs. 

I’ve lost Marquise Brown/Mike Williams/Hall over the last 2 weeks…I’m 7-0 and shouldn’t complain but this league isn’t cheap if you catch my drift…I gotta hope Barkley/Diggs/Burrow carry me for the next month or so and hope DJ Moore still acts like he has a pulse.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AFF said:

I’ve lost Marquise Brown/Mike Williams/Hall over the last 2 weeks…I’m 7-0 and shouldn’t complain but this league isn’t cheap if you catch my drift…I gotta hope Barkley/Diggs/Burrow carry me for the next month or so and hope DJ Moore still acts like he has a pulse.

My WR crops are legit. AJ Brown, Justin Jefferson, George Pickens, Jerry Juedy, Chase Claypool, George Kittle, Mike Gisecki. Plus I got Justin Tucker and Trevor Lawrence. So I’m set everywhere else.