Todd Bowles

NJerseypaint

26 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I hope the jets fire Bowles and give a young guy in the organization a chance. Fire Bowles during bye week and give a young gun a chance. If he does well than we have our guy with no major changes. If he does bad go out looking for a young guy to take over. 

I still think Bill B. and Brady get done this year and give the job to Josh M. Josh knows there is nothing left in NE and takes the Jets job with Darnold as his QB and we beat on the pats for the next 17 years with Darnold and Josh. :)

I don't want McDaniels. Without Brady throwing perfect dimes, his offense would be ineffective. I was watching closely all game and the amount of respect teams give Brady is crazy. They know he can beat them deep with Gronk so they play these soft cover 2 zones that Edleman and Co. eat right up in the underneath game. Try and blitz? Brady is gonna throw the quick in on the perfect spot to let his WR get at least 10 yards in YAC. I'd rather get someone who's had to make-up for poor QB play and not someone who's been blessed with elite QB play.

11 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Darnold, has been under tremendous pressure every time he dropped back to pass, the O line has been real bad on pass protection. And this zone blocking I have been hearing about for six months is the biggest joke. This guy bates sucks, bring back Morton.

The plays calls for the most part have been fine.  It's just sub par QB play and OL that is the issue.  The QB will continue to improve but can't say the same about the OL.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

The plays calls for the most part have been fine.  It's just sub par QB play and OL that is the issue.  The QB will continue to improve but can't say the same about the OL.

We did take more shots down field last game and I liked that. And Darnold missed the guys. Bc they were open. He’s going to have growing pains. But confidence is key in developing a QB. We can’t shy away from calling those plays and he needs to continue to rip it. He can’t be captain checkdown

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We did take more shots down field last game and I liked that. And Darnold missed the guys. Bc they were open. He’s going to have growing pains. But confidence is key in developing a QB. We can’t shy away from calling those plays and he needs to continue to rip it. He can’t be captain checkdown

Totally agree and I don't think Bates has.  I think he's been calling the plays to take those shots but Darnold for one reason or another just didn't throw long or just missed the open guy down field.  The OL needs to do better because getting downfield takes time.  If Darnold continues to feel pressure he's going to look to get it out quicker and not feel comfortable enough to let the deep shot develop.

20 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Totally agree and I don't think Bates has.  I think he's been calling the plays to take those shots but Darnold for one reason or another just didn't throw long or just missed the open guy down field.  The OL needs to do better because getting downfield takes time.  If Darnold continues to feel pressure he's going to look to get it out quicker and not feel comfortable enough to let the deep shot develop.

To be fair to both Bates and Darnold, they've faced an elite edge and top tier CB in the last two games. Time in the pocket and separation with the receivers were going to be tough to come by. We just need to be OK with ugly games and let Darnold get into a real groove with the deep throws in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

To be fair to both Bates and Darnold, they've faced an elite edge and top tier CB in the last two games. Time in the pocket and separation with the receivers were going to be tough to come by. We just need to be OK with ugly games and let Darnold get into a real groove with the deep throws in the NFL.

I have zero issue with the way the games have been called for the most part and I think Darnold has done a respectable job on a tough start to the season.  Some good and some bad which is to be expected.

5 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I have zero issue with the way the games have been called for the most part and I think Darnold has done a respectable job on a tough start to the season.  Some good and some bad which is to be expected.

I have never seen anybody so happy with another 5-11 season.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Restart up this thread since most of us want Bowles gone.

I think we have to go offense.

Lincoln Riley and Eric Bienemy are my 2 favorites.

Eric Bienemy doesn’t even call the plays in KC. How about a coach that’s done it before?! Not a coordinator who isn’t ready for a leadership roll. We don’t need a Ben Macadoo...

26 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Brady himself has said the NFL has turned more to an NCAA offense. For once... let’s be with a trend

Don't get me wrong.  I would be more than happy if Riley managed to adjust the offense against NFL defense. 

He has not enough experience of playing against stiff defense like Alabama, LSU and Georgia to refine his offense.  Chip Kelly had many years of successful offense in NCAA and then hit in the wall in NFL.  Sticking with NFL coach who understands NFL defense better than a bunch of hot NCAA head coaches.  Eric Bienemy or John Defilippo are a good start.

I get sense that Riley likes to have a long, long successful career in NCAA rather than seeking for higher and highest challenge in America's football, anyway. Try him in 5 or 6 years later.

7 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Eric Bienemy doesn’t even call the plays in KC. How about a coach that’s done it before?! Not a coordinator who isn’t ready for a leadership roll. We don’t need a Ben Macadoo...

Calling games is understandably a concern but he is OC so that means he does his homework on offense vs upcoming defenses.  Matt LaFleur is the same story there.

Only John Defilippo is legit for Jets and their precious fans.

Archived