Todd Bowles

NJerseypaint

37 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Darnold, was getting a lot of press after the first game, that stopped after game four.  Mayfield & Mahomes, are getting all the press now, by no means is it Darnold. fault,, something is drastically wrong, with the Jets. The Jets would make Johht Unitas, look bad. It is at the point now that the Jets need a real house cleaning. We have a chance to turn things around Sunday against Denver. 

To be fair, Mahommes is playing on god levels and Mayfield had a shootout against one of the leagues worst defenses - meanwhile Darnold was facing Jacksonville. It's not going to get any easier since our schedule seems to be chock-full of tough defensive units (Miami/NE might be the worst defense we see all year), but if he can shine for just a few of those games the media will definitely start talking.

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

The best thing for this teams future going forward is to lose in spite of Darnold. I want him to develop and look good but Todd Bowles NEEDS to go after this year.

Its getting pretty damn old having to keep saying that losing is for the best every #$%!ing year. I think they are going to let Macagnan hire another coach. I just get that feeling. I think he has done a pretty subpar job so far, but I would still be happy that at least Bowles would be gone. Will we ever get it right? Will we ever not behind the times in terms of talent and philosophies? Jets dont seem to have any clue how to build a perennial competitive team.

30 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Its getting pretty damn old having to keep saying that losing is for the best every #$%!ing year. I think they are going to let Macagnan hire another coach. I just get that feeling. I think he has done a pretty subpar job so far, but I would still be happy that at least Bowles would be gone. Will we ever get it right? Will we ever not behind the times in terms of talent and philosophies? Jets dont seem to have any clue how to build a perennial competitive team.

5 wins and I guarantee he will be back.

18 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

To be fair, Mahommes is playing on god levels and Mayfield had a shootout against one of the leagues worst defenses - meanwhile Darnold was facing Jacksonville. It's not going to get any easier since our schedule seems to be chock-full of tough defensive units (Miami/NE might be the worst defense we see all year), but if he can shine for just a few of those games the media will definitely start talking.

Mayfield also has better weapons alone and an offensive coordinator who opens up the field for him. Were so afraid of good defenses and good pass rushes that we barely call anything to stretch the field of course he’s not gonna look great especially against better defenses. Agreed Mahomes is killing it right now ... but also + weapons and coaching for him as well

12 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I don't think there is any other way to put it, I agree. On paper we have a chance against Denver, but like always we will find a way to lose and look bad doing it. We always end up making the other teams QB look like John Unitas. Right now I am as lost as the Jets, I have no idea what is expect from the Jets on any giver Sunday. 

1 hour ago, KBS756 said:

Mayfield also has better weapons alone and an offensive coordinator who opens up the field for him. Were so afraid of good defenses and good pass rushes that we barely call anything to stretch the field of course he’s not gonna look great especially against better defenses. Agreed Mahomes is killing it right now ... but also + weapons and coaching for him as well

And we don’t have weapons bc we’ve drafted and done FA awful. So it’s not like a pass. We don’t have skill bc we neglected it. We have Enunwa bc we got lucky years ago. And he’s all we have. And on any other team he’s a 3rd option.

We have enough talent on offense especially compared to the Browns.  The browns have Landry and a mid round rookie WR starting there is no way they are far more talented offensively then we are.  Njoku is a nice prospect but he hasn't done anything and is averaging like 30 yards a game.  Let's not act like Baker is playing with the Rams or Chiefs here.

Baker is just more seasoned at 23 playing since he was a freshman, plus they have a good OL.  The weapons are fine, Darnold has just been missing them and hasn't had the time to let the routes develop because of the OL issues.  Enunwa, Robby and Kearse are solid WR's and Herndon looks to be getting more comfortable each week.  Getting in a groove with Kearse in the coming weeks will help.  Crisp route runners with good hands are good for a young QB. 

The problem is the offensive line, no running game whatsoever, and sometimes bad play calling. I think it was Baldinger I saw break down the 3rd and 1. Empty backfield, every WR and Powell is running 5-6 yard routes. We need one freaking yard. Stuff like that just doesn’t help him.

He missed some throws vs the Jags sure. But there are times like against Miami where the cast was letting him down 

36 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The problem is the offensive line, no running game whatsoever, and sometimes bad play calling. I think it was Baldinger I saw break down the 3rd and 1. Empty backfield, every WR and Powell is running 5-6 yard routes. We need one freaking yard. Stuff like that just doesn’t help him.

He missed some throws vs the Jags sure. But there are times like against Miami where the cast was letting him down 

That’s on our “Guru” OC, he’s honestly just as bad as Schotty with his obsession with Screen passes...man I miss Morton

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

That’s on our “Guru” OC, he’s honestly just as bad as Schotty with his obsession with Screen passes...man I miss Morton

By missing Morton, you mean Josh McCown.  Morton's offense become a joke when McCown was hurt last year.

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I disagree with this though. Bc we have a bad OL, its smart to get the ball out of Darnold's hand fast. I will agree that Bates needs to get more creative though.

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I disagree with this though. Bc we have a bad OL, its smart to get the ball out of Darnold's hand fast. I will agree that Bates needs to get more creative though.

We had a worse OL last year and our Offense didn’t look this enemic, we can say that Morton threw too often but I’d much rather that than us running the same outside/inside zone runs every 1st down and then go back to back WR screens

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

We have enough talent on offense especially compared to the Browns.  The browns have Landry and a mid round rookie WR starting there is no way they are far more talented offensively then we are.  Njoku is a nice prospect but he hasn't done anything and is averaging like 30 yards a game.  Let's not act like Baker is playing with the Rams or Chiefs here.

Baker is just more seasoned at 23 playing since he was a freshman, plus they have a good OL.  The weapons are fine, Darnold has just been missing them and hasn't had the time to let the routes develop because of the OL issues.  Enunwa, Robby and Kearse are solid WR's and Herndon looks to be getting more comfortable each week.  Getting in a groove with Kearse in the coming weeks will help.  Crisp route runners with good hands are good for a young QB. 

Darnold, has been under tremendous pressure every time he dropped back to pass, the O line has been real bad on pass protection. And this zone blocking I have been hearing about for six months is the biggest joke. This guy bates sucks, bring back Morton.

I hope the jets fire Bowles and give a young guy in the organization a chance. Fire Bowles during bye week and give a young gun a chance. If he does well than we have our guy with no major changes. If he does bad go out looking for a young guy to take over. 

I still think Bill B. and Brady get done this year and give the job to Josh M. Josh knows there is nothing left in NE and takes the Jets job with Darnold as his QB and we beat on the pats for the next 17 years with Darnold and Josh. :)

Archived