Todd Bowles

NJerseypaint

13 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

PFF actually has the Jets offensive line ranked 14th in the league, but when you watch them, it sure doesn’t seem like it.

The O line running game is fine, it is the pass protection that leaves a lot to be desired. And the game has changed so much with the new rules, QB"s as passing 30, 40 50 times a game. Last weeks game against the Browns Darnold, was rushed every time he dropped to pass, he had no pocket at all.

4 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

The O line running game is fine, it is the pass protection that leaves a lot to be desired. And the game has changed so much with the new rules, QB"s as passing 30, 40 50 times a game. Last weeks game against the Browns Darnold, was rushed every time he dropped to pass, he had no pocket at all.

The run blocking and the pass blocking is both 14th by PFF. 17th in pass blocking and 24th in run blocking by football outsiders. Run blocking is the bigger problem IMO.

but when you actually watch they look bad in both aspects 

20 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The run blocking and the pass blocking is both 14th by PFF. 17th in pass blocking and 24th in run blocking by football outsiders. Run blocking is the bigger problem IMO.

but when you actually watch they look bad in both aspects 

Yea you are right, problem is it is just not working. It wasn't to many years ago we had a great O line with Faneca, Mangold, Moore, Woody Damien, D'Brickshaw. that line was one of the best in the NFL if not the best.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Yea you are right, problem is it is just not working. It wasn't to many years ago we had a great O line with Faneca, Mangold, Moore, Woody Damien, D'Brickshaw. that line was one of the best in the NFL if not the best.

Well when you neglect offense year in and year out that’s what happens.

9 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

And worse yet no defense to show for it.

True. Bc apparently our GMs all thought Mo, Sheldon, Coples, Richardson and Leo were all sack artists.

If only there were players at other positions that could rush the passer and that you could get it Round 1............

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

True. Bc apparently our GMs all thought Mo, Sheldon, Coples, Richardson and Leo were all sack artists.

If only there were players at other positions that could rush the passer and that you could get it Round 1............

I actually lol’d at that last part

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Well when you neglect offense year in and year out that’s what happens.

I know a lot of guys on this board have been saying for a long time that we need a offensive minded coach, and it is really hard to argue their point. The way the game is being played today, I don't think the Jets have much choice than to hired a offensive minded coach. And we can't have a GM who won't draft the best available offensive players in the draft. Look at the LA Rams three years they were horrible on offensive look at them now.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

I know a lot of guys on this board have been saying for a long time that we need a offensive minded coach, and it is really hard to argue their point. The way the game is being played today, I don't think the Jets have much choice than to hired a offensive minded coach. And we can't have a GM who won't draft the best available offensive players in the draft. Look at the LA Rams three years they were horrible on offensive look at them now.

Almost Everyone on this board hates RB Round 1, when I’m not at all against it. Especially if they’re great at receiving as well. Even the Pats have adjusted to this. They took Michel Round 1. Offense wins games. And we neglect that side of the ball. We think all these guys aren’t worth more than late round picks apparently. And our record shows that’s not working.

I’ll add to this in saying that those who are against a RB early normally go with saying you can get the Kamara, Hunt type guys later. But that’s IMO is thinking in a fake world. When has this regime shown any ability in drafting anything on offense? I’ll wait....

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Almost Everyone on this board hates RB Round 1, when I’m not at all against it. Especially if they’re great at receiving as well. Even the Pats have adjusted to this. They took Michel Round 1. Offense wins games. And we neglect that side of the ball. We think all these guys aren’t worth more than late round picks apparently. And our record shows that’s not working.

I’ll add to this in saying that those who are against a RB early normally go with saying you can get the Kamara, Hunt type guys later. But that’s IMO is thinking in a fake world. When has this regime shown any ability in drafting anything on offense? I’ll wait....

There is no question, your quote " offense wins games ", is the truth. Look at the Super Bowl over 1000 yards of offense total, for a SB is nuts. The league just came out this week they want more scoring. All the new rules over the years favors the offense. I don't think the Jets head coach & GM are capable of changing their ways.

I'm not too worried about finding an offensive minded coach. It doesn't always translate on the field. I don't know who I would want if we're replacing Bowles, but they have to have more than just success with one team. I love great defenses and it shouldn't be overlooked because of teams like Denver, Seattle, Carolina, and others reaching the SB in recent years because of defense. 

The challenge has been Leo & Lee. They are both not performing like 1st round picks. Leo has had 2 sacks the last 22 games, but I do think the focus will shift to the offense now that we have Darnold + the cap space. We can use some cap space on the OLB's we need like Fowler, Lawrence, Barr, and others. Then continue to build around Darnold. 

George Paton from MIN is who I want.  It all starts at the top with the GM.  Clean house and bring a guy like Paton in to get his guys in place.  I don't care offensive or defensive minded it doesn't matter to me but I do like Matt LaFleur from TEN.  Smart young offensive minded coach who grew up under Shanny and McVay in ATL/WAS.  I think he'd do wonders for Darnold.

I just want a smart guy like Paton who is handed the keys to build his team and staff.  Enough of this co hiring of the GM and Coach by ownership and equal power.  Until you have a figure head at the top (strong smart GM) it will never work this co hiring nonsense.  

Hope what they say about Darnold and his ability to shake off bad plays are true because this season is going to be rough.  These next three games at home are the season so lets see what Bowles and co can muster because he's floating in the toilet and the hand is on the flusher.

Need new everything from top to bottom on the staff and that includes the guys that have been their for 20-30 years at a desk or cleaning clothes. I mean everyone out to change the attitude and that includes the Johnson's. I knew I should have bought the jets when they where for sale years ago but I was short on the cash. 

Archived