Todd Bowles

NJerseypaint

4 minutes ago, Squatch481 said:

Thoughts on Raheem Morris?  Experience on both sides of the ball and apparently a great motivator.

Juan Castillo.. lol.  He was replaced by Todd Bowles as Eagles' DC. 

Anyway, Morris would be a good option but he still needs a right OC. Keeping Bates could be a possibility but he needs to remove all training wheels to run exciting offense.

NFL OC's
Carmichael (from NO) 
Lafleur (sp? from TEN)
Beinienmy (in KC)

College
Lincoln Reilly

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.  All have ties to the best offensive minds in the NFL currently (Reid, Payton, McVay) and Reilly is the next bright offensive mind in college.  I prefer to dump Mac too and start fresh with a bright up and coming GM but I could live with just a coaching change for now.

I don't believe you need to have an offensive HC but you aren't luring a bright young offensive mind to a lateral move as OC here.  Probably need to give them the HC job to lure them here.

18 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

NFL OC's
Carmichael (from NO) 
Lafleur (sp? from TEN)
Beinienmy (in KC)

College
Lincoln Reilly

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.  All have ties to the best offensive minds in the NFL currently (Reid, Payton, McVay) and Reilly is the next bright offensive mind in college.  I prefer to dump Mac too and start fresh with a bright up and coming GM but I could live with just a coaching change for now.

I don't believe you need to have an offensive HC but you aren't luring a bright young offensive mind to a lateral move as OC here.  Probably need to give them the HC job to lure them here.

Your last sentence is why we must go with an offensive  HC. This is passing league. Just like having a good QB is important for sustained winning, so is a bright offensive mind. Having those guys as OC won’t last. 

Who was the last HC that was defensive minded and had sustained success as HC? BB became a well rounded HC. Tony Dungy maybe? But he had the smartest QB ever. The defensive guys are short lived. Just like elite defenses. They’ll give you 2 maybe 3 years of great play and then boom.

23 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

NFL OC's
Carmichael (from NO) 
Lafleur (sp? from TEN)
Beinienmy (in KC)

College
Lincoln Reilly

lol... SP? on the name that is spelled correctly (although f is needed to be capitalized there ) but no SP on Beiniemy and Riley.

Anyway,   Riley keeps saying no to NFL but in case if you want him then you have to topple his salary (4.8m this year). You know how money talk crap is.  I wish I could find some information about OC and lesser coaches' contract status on the internet so we could know whether or not a coach is blockable.  It is really hard to figure it out.  We sitting back and screaming out names aloud doesn't write into a NFL reality. Sadly.

7 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Your last sentence is why we must go with an offensive  HC. This is passing league. Just like having a good QB is important for sustained winning, so is a bright offensive mind. Having those guys as OC won’t last. 

Who was the last HC that was defensive minded and had sustained success as HC? BB became a well rounded HC. Tony Dungy maybe? But he had the smartest QB ever. The defensive guys are short lived. Just like elite defenses. They’ll give you 2 maybe 3 years of great play and then boom.

Problem is there are not many offensive minded coaches that can adapt offenses conditionally.  No qb and you are doomed. Look at 49ers for an example. Very Sad.

College coaches make comparable money and get way more time off than NFL coaches. Riley isn't leaving and if he does...Cleveland will be the team.

Beinienmy isn't even calling plays in KC and is a first year OC. Lets relax with this name. He has a lot more to prove before he can be considered a HC candidate. Hiring guys before they are ready puts as back at where we started. Hard pass. 

DeFilippo is also another first year OC. He however does call plays in the Vikings offense and has done a great job. He comes from a coaching pedigree and was an OC in 2015 with Cleveland though that team was like many Browns teams, abysmal. He also could probably use a few more years as an OC but I would be way more inclined to take a chance on him than Beinienmy. McVay was an OC for 3 years before taking the Rams job.

I still dont know who would do the best job just like anyone else, but I want a natural leader who can oversee everything, and we havent had that since Parcells. 

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

College coaches make comparable money and get way more time off than NFL coaches. Riley isn't leaving and if he does...Cleveland will be the team.

Beinienmy isn't even calling plays in KC and is a first year OC. Lets relax with this name. He has a lot more to prove before he can be considered a HC candidate. Hiring guys before they are ready puts as back at where we started. Hard pass. 

DeFilippo is also another first year OC. He however does call plays in the Vikings offense and has done a great job. He comes from a coaching pedigree and was an OC in 2015 with Cleveland though that team was like many Browns teams, abysmal. He also could probably use a few more years as an OC but I would be way more inclined to take a chance on him than Beinienmy. McVay was an OC for 3 years before taking the Rams job.

I still dont know who would do the best job just like anyone else, but I want a natural leader who can oversee everything, and we havent had that since Parcells. 

No one wants to come here.... so we have to take a shot on someone. 

I don't think we can go wrong with one of LaFleur, DeFillipo, and Pete Carmichael. All three of those guys come from some flavor of the WCO which I think matches well with Darnold. I like how innovative the Saints have been during the years. And while Sean Payton has been a big part of that and Carmichael does not call the offensive plays, I think that experience and knowledge is a big plus. 

How would you guys feel if we hired LaFleur or Defillipo and they called the plays but kept Bates as QB coach/OC? I think continuity is really important for a young QB and as long as Bates and the new HC are on the same page as far as how he should be developed, I'd be all for it.

When was the last time anybody has hear from the two trust fund kids WOODY & CARL. After the Jets win the next two games he will probably give Bowels another extension. Here is where the cancer started for the Jets with these two clowns.

51 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

When was the last time anybody has hear from the two trust fund kids WOODY & CARL. After the Jets win the next two games he will probably give Bowels another extension. Here is where the cancer started for the Jets with these two clowns.

Woody isn’t involved with the team as of now and tbh I’d rather our owner stayed quite than being vocal

15 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

No one wants to come here.... so we have to take a shot on someone. 

I disagree this year. 21 year old QB who looks ahead of schedule behind bad oline and with zero weapons, young pieces on defense and 100 mil in cap and new jersey’s in 2019. We are ten times more attractive to both coaches and FA. 

Archived