Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

Sure the way he has gone with things haven't been great, but man just for a 3rd and 5th? For arguably the best WR in the game? Granted, he's getting paid big money, but really wish we would have pulled the trigger here. Think the domestic issue turned the team off. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sure the way he has gone with things haven't been great, but man just for a 3rd and 5th? For arguably the best WR in the game? Granted, he's getting paid big money, but really wish we would have pulled the trigger here. Think the domestic issue turned the team off. 

No clue why we weren't in on this for that price. Watch Lynch and Shanny overpay for Crowder now. 

20 minutes ago, SoCalNiner said:

No clue why we weren't in on this for that price. Watch Lynch and Shanny overpay for Crowder now. 

Honestly, I think we all have a good idea on why we weren't. Some people will be okay with that, some won't. Think it's just a personal thing

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, I fully expect a deal done with Thomas tomorrow at 9 05.....Expect a trade for OBJ by 9 08 lol.

If there's a trade for obj, it had to be on draft day, right? They can't take the chance someone jumps to one?

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

If there's a trade for obj, it had to be on draft day, right? They can't take the chance someone jumps to one?

Definitely would be close to draft day, maybe a few days before. At that point you pretty much have a good idea who is going #1. Well, last year it wasn't known but it usually is. Rams/Titans and Browns/Eagles deals happened like a week before the draft. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Maybe I am reading too much into this, but it feels like we were involved. The fact we dont have a 5th round pick and thats the 'deal sweetener' that the raiders threw in makes me wonder if they did that because they knew that we dont have a 5th round pick. 

honestly, if we werent at least involved in these talks, I will be irate. We have the cap space to give AB the same contract. This is how I felt when we didnt trade for Marcus Peters last year. Watching other teams make the moves that I would is pretty frustrating as a fan. 

I am really hoping we at least called the steelers about him. Not even calling is basically a fireable offense in my eyes. He is a top 5 WR in the NFL, you dont just not call when he is available.  

We really dont know how much ownership has influenced our decision to not trade for him, because Jed did seem to give up complete control to Lynch and shanny. Im also sure if he directly told lynch not to trade for AB that lynch wouldnt have pushed the issue further, so its certainly possible that the domestic issue turned off Jed York, who then did not allow Lynch to call. That would be the most frustrating thing of all. 

I GUESS THE QUESTION IS: HOW BADLY DO YOU WANT TO WIN?

2 hours ago, SoCalNiner said:

we dont have a 5th rounder and couldnt match exactly what the raiders offered. It is also possible that the steelers preferred not to do a deal with us considering it was common knowledge that he wanted to be a 49er. Very possible the steelers took less, just like the Raiders did with Mack last year. We had the best/highest offer for Mack but Mark Davis decided to send him somewhere else because we are rivals

4 hours ago, N4L said:

I GUESS THE QUESTION IS: HOW BADLY DO YOU WANT TO WIN?

I think this team can win without AB, but sure, adding him to the team sure could help. Now that is in and of itself (in a vacuum, with no other considerations).

The price of picks was very "aw shucks, we shoulda"... but where I'd have drawn the line is in giving him the new guarantees in the contract. His current contract was basically play well and behave, and you will be rewarded well. His new contract is " here buddy, you have all the leeway to do as you please; hope you treat us well."

He's just shown to be a bit of a loon lately, and while taking 3 steps forward is great (if he's added and behaves).. taking two steps back (if he's an arse) is something we just don't need to gamble on. This team can win on its own, and competition is fierce enough without risking future cap room on potentially cancerous hop-ons. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Definitely would be close to draft day, maybe a few days before. At that point you pretty much have a good idea who is going #1. Well, last year it wasn't known but it usually is. Rams/Titans and Browns/Eagles deals happened like a week before the draft. 

We'll know who's going #1 if/when the Cards trade Rosen or not. So any trade involving top 10 picks will hinge on that.