Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

Just now, Forge said:

I agree. I've said in several place, my offer was 2 for 6 swap, next years first, plus this years third. If it required a little more, I would have been open that as well. But if that 2 for 6 swap isn't all that enticing, it's really an uphill climb for us because #17 this year is much more enticing than our frp next year, which could end up holding later second round value in present day if they thought we would be really good. 

I'm still obsessing about being able to get Bosa at 2 so I wasn't keen on swapping this years first, but i certainly agree with what you are saying. 

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

I'm still obsessing about being able to get Bosa at 2 so I wasn't keen on swapping this years first, but i certainly agree with what you are saying. 

Yeah. Honestly, I love OBJ...would have loved to have had him here. No doubt about that. I'm not really going to cry over it right now though. I just have much bigger concerns regarding this team than wide receiver. I'm assuming we take one in the second, and I'm good with just running it out with Pettis / Goodwin / Rookie and Kittle and seeing what happens. 

• Like 1

If we get Ford for a 3rd, I'd consider that a pretty big win. Sure he has some risk, but he's played well for two years and he was elite those two years. The dude has ben and can get after the QB fast. I would be so pumped if we got him. 

6 minutes ago, John232 said:

If we get Ford for a 3rd, I'd consider that a pretty big win. Sure he has some risk, but he's played well for two years and he was elite those two years. The dude has ben and can get after the QB fast. I would be so pumped if we got him. 

The contract would probably be the most concerning aspect. I think you'd be looking between 5/ 90M, but really a 2/40 deal with the way paraag structures things. That would be my best guess though. 

• Like 1

There is definitely risk with Dee Ford, but I feel better about it if it's our 3rd instead of our 2nd for sure. I'm not worried about the contract as we usually build ourselves a back door to get out of these contracts. I'm going to have a little kid temper tantrum if we somehow pass on Bosa because of this though. 

• Like 1

I've said the last couple of years that I want someone with closing speed off the edge to clean up after Buckner, Thomas and co, have just destroyed the interior of the line. Dee Ford would bring that.

Meh, I would rather not give up picks for Ford and sign him to a massive overpay. I'm just not sold on him. Much rather pay Houston on a shorter term deal and take my chances he still has a couple of more years of Pro Bowl level play.

3 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Meh, I would rather not give up picks for Ford and sign him to a massive overpay. I'm just not sold on him. Much rather pay Houston on a shorter term deal and take my chances he still has a couple of more years of Pro Bowl level play.

It's not my preferred outcome, but we'll have to deal with it. Dee better be good.