Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

46 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

This is the correct decision if the value isn't there now for the Cardinals in my opinion. Camp injuries happen, making teams desperate for QBs to keep their seasons from being totally lost. Rosen should be valued at a reasonable 2nd this season or a first for next season. Accepting any less is ignoring QB precedent and selling cheaply, I think; the Sam Bradford trade to Minnesota is proof. Rosen's deal is ludicrously cheap now, with the guarantees paid and very little base salary. If nothing else, he's saving you a small fortune on a backup with starter upside if yours is regularly injured/unavailable. And that value can be a lot more - he can also possibly replace yours for the next couple years at next to no cost. That's a lot of possible value. The very poor year last year in Arizona might have cut down on the expected liklihood of that outcome, but Rosen's never been too good at working out of schedule. A better (non-excremental) offensive line would allow him to do what he does reasonably well - process information from the pocket and deliver the ball. 

Edited by JIllg
clarity

9 minutes ago, JIllg said:

This is the correct decision if the value isn't there now for the Cardinals in my opinion. Camp injuries happen, making teams desperate for QBs to keep their seasons from being totally lost. Rosen should be valued at a reasonable 2nd this season or a first for next season. Accepting any less is ignoring QB precedent and selling cheaply, I think; the Sam Bradford trade to Minnesota is proof. Rosen's deal is ludicrously cheap now, with the guarantees paid and very little base salary. If nothing else, he's saving you a small fortune on a backup with starter upside if yours is regularly injured/unavailable. And that value can be a lot more - he can also possibly replace yours for the next couple years at next to no cost. That's a lot of possible value. The very poor year last year in Arizona might have cut down on the expected liklihood of that outcome, but Rosen's never been too good at working out of schedule. A better (non-excremental) offensive line would allow him to do what he does reasonably well - process information from the pocket and deliver the ball. 

I don't know...I think Rosen's value goes down the less time he has to grasp the new team's offense. If teams want to trade for him, they should do it ASAP for that reason. Of course, the Cards have to agree...but I would offer LESS later and more now if I wanted Rosen (which I don't. Never liked him.).

3 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I don't know...I think Rosen's value goes down the less time he has to grasp the new team's offense. If teams want to trade for him, they should do it ASAP for that reason. Of course, the Cards have to agree...but I would offer LESS later and more now if I wanted Rosen (which I don't. Never liked him.).

I'm not sure Philly would have gotten a 1st for Bradford had a team in contention not suffered a terrible injury first. The playbook point is certainly fair, but that's just base system stuff. Gameplan plays aren't installed until the week of the game, so it's possible he could survive on cliff notes weekly. 

I think there's a good chance Rosen could raise his stock considerably between now and September with a great preseason. The league knows that offense was miserable last year. If under a better offense Rosen shows why he was a top 10 QB, then his value will improve. 

Have been saying all offseason if you can't get a 1st or high 2nd for Rosen why would you trade him? I understand it from the part that you don't want to keep players that are unhappy but otherwise you have a back-up QB on a for that position fairly team friendly deal that still has room to grow and who knows maybe he turns out better than Murray or else you trade him when he enters his final year. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

For someone as outspoken as he is, he's actually handled this entire situation with aplomb. 

I know that's why I hope he requests a trade after Murray gets picked publicly

Edited by 49erurtaza