Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

3 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Richburg over Rodney Hudson? I know Hudson missed the last game with an injury, but hasn't he been a stud all year long? 

He always is. Best pass blocking center by a pretty good margin in my opinion. 

But still, it was nice to see Richburg gets props. He's had a nice year after the disaster of health and play that was last year. 

• Like 1

Jordan Matthews to the Eagles. We have had some crazy luck with guys we had in camp remaining available throughout the year if needed, but in this case we finally lose one. Not that it matters much as we're already carrying six receivers and can't keep them all active as it is, but it's an interesting note. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Jordan Matthews to the Eagles. We have had some crazy luck with guys we had in camp remaining available throughout the year if needed, but in this case we finally lose one. Not that it matters much as we're already carrying six receivers and can't keep them all active as it is, but it's an interesting note. 

Good for him. Hopefully we don't play them in the playoffs 

39 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Eagles are a mess this year. I actually do hope they come to Levi's over a team like the Packers or Vikings. 

Yup. The NFC East is looking like the NFC Least once again. Wash, NY and Philly all rolling over for the 'boys to get the division. This is one reason why we do not really have the luxury of losing games...

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Yup. The NFC East is looking like the NFC Least once again. Wash, NY and Philly all rolling over for the 'boys to get the division. This is one reason why we do not really have the luxury of losing games...

If we ended up getting the #2 seed, I would LOVE to see the Eagles come to town. I would even prefer the Cowboys as well. I don't really want to see the Vikings or Packers come to town.

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

If we ended up getting the #2 seed, I would LOVE to see the Eagles come to town. I would even prefer the Cowboys as well. I don't really want to see the Vikings or Packers come to town.

This is why I would be happy if they changed the seeding to record but still kept the division leaders as hosting their first game in the playoffs, yes you could have #6 hosting #2 in the first round but it would clean up the remaining section of the bracket - best two division leaders keep the bye week.  It would also give the good team in a tough division hopes of hosting a championship game.  Probably will never happen but it has been one thing that I have thought about.

17 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Outside of the saints, I don't think we'll have trouble beating any other team in the NFL, let alone the NFC.

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Outside of the saints, I don't think we'll have trouble beating any other team in the NFL, let alone the NFC.

The Saints scare the hell out of me. I think they're #1 team in the NFL. The Vikings worry me, but I don't know enough about them to know how well we stack up against them. Aaron Rodgers is Aaron Rodgers, but if the Chargers can beat them, so we should be able to. Their pass rush killed them and ours is better. I really don't want to face Seattle for a third time either. Facing Wilson twice is enough. 

Don't want No Part Of

Saints

Not looking forward to

Vikings

Packers

Please come visit

Eagles

Cowboys

Rams

Panthers

Go home, you're drunk

Seahawks

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'm worried about the Ravens more than the Saints, truthfully. But those are the two most concerning for me. I think we can beat either, but those are the two most concerning. 

23 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

The Saints scare the hell out of me. I think they're #1 team in the NFL. The Vikings worry me, but I don't know enough about them to know how well we stack up against them. Aaron Rodgers is Aaron Rodgers, but if the Chargers can beat them, so we should be able to. Their pass rush killed them and ours is better. I really don't want to face Seattle for a third time either. Facing Wilson twice is enough. 

Don't want No Part Of

Saints

Not looking forward to

Vikings

Packers

Please come visit

Eagles

Cowboys

Rams

Panthers

Go home, you're drunk

Seahawks

I feel like the Vikings def is a hair worse than last year. Teams seem to find ways to move the ball on them this year.

GB, I ain't worried about them. Like you said, if we can rush 4 like LAC and drop seven back, we'll be fine. Plus I don't see a scenario where that supposed improved def can't stop our run game.

2 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I'm worried about the Ravens more than the Saints, truthfully. But those are the two most concerning for me. I think we can beat either, but those are the two most concerning. 

Ravens and Saints for sure especially playing them away. The 49ers would need to have near perfect games. I do think the front 4 can get to Brees and their vertical passing game is suspect. If I had a preference as to which one I rather see the team win it would be the Saints game. 

17 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I feel like the Vikings def is a hair worse than last year. Teams seem to find ways to move the ball on them this year.

GB, I ain't worried about them. Like you said, if we can rush 4 like LAC and drop seven back, we'll be fine. Plus I don't see a scenario where that supposed improved def can't stop our run game.

Surprisingly, GB has one of the worst passing defenses in the NFL while still having a pretty good pass rush. The GB game could be a shoot out if we can't put Rodgers on the ground.

Edited by NinerNation21
  • Like 1

If the refs are doing their jobs fairly, I think our pass rush gets to Aaron and Kirk enough to bring home the W. Pretty much same for midget Drew. 

Ravens concern me because of the impossible to spy Lamar J. ( and of course, a solid enough team getting healthier in the secondary ).

Cowpukes concern me also, because I don't for a second believe the officiating won't hurt us in the trenches.

WE can hang with any team in the League, and probably hang with them even if we are struggling in areas. That's what I am seeing week to week. 

Imagine if we get it all together at the right time. We could have a lot of statement games left to make.