Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

Given how often MM is banged up, they should be trying to sign Fitz or tyrod to really good backup deals next season

They got a legitimate good defense but it won't matter with his incompetent play. Getting Fitzpatrick or Taylor would be big for them. 

Colts at Texans next week is going to be good. 

10 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Gee, who would have thought. I don't know how he keeps getting backup jobs. 

It must be by beating out third stringers... if all you have to do is beat a no name, then you get the job. But the titans should have known better. They should have known Mariota would get injured and that the back-up would actually matter.

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

DJ?

I liked them both more than Mayock anyway. In recent years, Mayock has been flip-flopping a ton on his prospect evaluations. He'd generally point wherever the hype wind blew. Not that I didn't enjoy his commentary. Very knowledgeable, but a tad overrated. He really made a name for himself a few years ago when he was calling draft picks before they were made, and that had nothing to do with talent evaluation, but rather with FO connections. Those connections might mean he'll be able to assemble a good staff, which is just as important as actually knowing what you're doing.