Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

Just now, N4L said:

I would be fearful of brown asking to renegotiate in a year or two .. usually teams say 'well, we already paid you handsomely for your services, so we aren't going to do so again'

We couldn't tell him that 

Goodwin and a third for AB? Too good to be true lol 

I brought that up in another post as well actually. Have the same fear. 

Let's hear those playoff predictions:

Eagles beat bears 31-30 on a missed xp/fg

Cowboys beat the Seahawks, 26-24

Chargers beat Ravens 27-19

Colts beat Texans 42-27

Eagles play the saints close early but are on the end of a lopsided loss 

Cowboys Rams get cancelled when there is an earthquake in LA and both teams fall into the abyss. 

Chargers beat NE in NE

KC barely beats the colts in OT on some mahomes magic 

Saints advance to the Superbowl

Chargers beat KC in KC again on a long FG

Brees vs the team that traded him. Brees retires regardless 

My Playoffs predictions 

Colts easily best Texans 38-21. Colts defence dominates Texans, Watson struggles and only gets going once game is in the bag. 

Cowboys beat Seahawks 29-23 OT.  Seattle instead of running it from 1 yard line for td, they decide to throw it wilson its a pick 6 and jaylon smith returns it 102 yards to end the game.  After game carroll gets lynched by seahawk fans. 

Chargers beats ravens 31-13. Lamar comes crashing down rookie qbs struggle in playoffs 

Eagles beat bears 14-13  on nick foles game winning td drive. Bears offensive never gets going and trubisky looks aweful. BEARS FANS START CHANT AT END OF GAME WE SHOULD OF DRAFTED SOLOMON THOMAS  O.o

Colts beat Chiefs in shoot out 47 - 43.  Colts run for 300 yards. Mahomes has awesome game just not enough. 

Chargers beat Patriots 38- 21. Gronk retires at half time after having no catches to do movies/wwe and Brady retires at end of game saying his had enough plus his wife told him his sleeping on the couch till he retires.

Saints Destroy eagles 41-7. Eagles never get going and game is over by half time. 

Rams beat cowboys 21-20 with cowboys missing game winning fg. Crowd is 100% cowboys. Rams think of moving back to st Louis. Goodell says no 

Chargers beat colts 28-27.  Vinateiri misses 63 yard fg at end of game. When asked if he is going to retire now he states he will never retire plans to die on the field at the age of 122 

Saints beat rams 38-21. Goff throws 3 picks in first half 

Superbowl Chargers win. Both Rivers and Brees retire after game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So the domestic violence charge dropped against Foster. Still should have been released for being with that psycho, but for some reason he keeps going back to her. At least his NFL career will continue. 

Will it? Will it really? I am not convinced. Reuben has shown no tendency to learn from mistakes thus far....

Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

Will it? Will it really? I am not convinced. Reuben has shown no tendency to learn from mistakes thus far....

I mean sure, but if this went to trial or if there was evidence he laid hands on her, then his career would have been finished. Now? May face a suspension for God knows what, but will still be able to play for the Redskins. How much longer he plays is obviously up to the decisions he makes, but for now he's good to go. 

5 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

It'll certainly continue (at least after a 6 game suspension, I think), but for how long is anyone's guess lol

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean sure, but if this went to trial or if there was evidence he laid hands on her, then his career would have been finished. Now? May face a suspension for God knows what, but will still be able to play for the Redskins. How much longer he plays is obviously up to the decisions he makes, but for now he's good to go. 

Injuries are also going to have a huge impact on the longevity of his career. He played banged up most of this season after having a substantial amount of time off to rest his body. He was mostly ineffective this year because of injuries. I don't think he will ever play a full season's worth of snaps. Between his off-the-field issues and injuries, I don't see him playing more than a few more seasons. 

• Like 2

Things certainly appear to be gearing toward the Steelers moving on and planning accordingly. I fully expect us to be in on those discussions when they happen, even though I know not everyone would like us to be. 

The Bell tweet was stupid. People fully understood that when making projections of their cap situation for next season. 

But the Big Ben restructering his deal is interesting. Unless he did it to free up space to get a FA, it was likely done to make the AB trade do able. Though having a 21 million or 15 million cap hit for someone not on the roster is rough. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Bell tweet was stupid. People fully understood that when making projections of their cap situation for next season. 

But the Big Ben restructering his deal is interesting. Unless he did it to free up space to get a FA, it was likely done to make the AB trade do able. Though having a 21 million or 15 million cap hit for someone not on the roster is rough. 

Depends on if Mort is getting the "they have no problems with the dead money" from somewhere in the organization. Mort is usually pretty solid, not known for tweeting just to put his name out there.

Historically, the Steelers and been have extended / restructured Ben's deal in March of his last year, so the timing is right. But how they structure it could obviously he heavily swayed by AB

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Depends on if Mort is getting the "they have no problems with the dead money" from somewhere in the organization. Mort is usually pretty solid, not known for tweeting just to put his name out there.

Historically, the Steelers and been have extended / restructured Ben's deal in March of his last year, so the timing is right. But how they structure it could obviously he heavily swayed by AB

Sure, but he made it seem like people weren't aware of the Bell situation when that wasn't the case. Though I could be reading into it wrong. 

Just now, oldman9er said:

and yet again on drive #2. 

Amazing what can be accomplished with a great OL, good playcaller, and true #1 WR threat. 

So what you're saying is we need to trade for Brown and draft the best OL with our first pick???