Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Is it bad that I just pictured a lazy boy with a custom whole cut in the center of it. 

I thought about putting a urinal right next to the TV.

But I settled.  I got those barn door things separating the TV area from the bathroom, and the toilet is close enough to those doors I don’t need the urinal.

On 7/28/2020 at 6:26 PM, Outpost31 said:

No.  I hate it.  Snot nosed kids, loud obnoxious adults, people who talk during a horror movie. 

I spent 10,000 dollars renovating my basement into my own theater.  It's a better experience than any theater possible.  Especially because I'm the only one who uses it. 

The layout is even in such a way as to allow me to get up and take a leak without having to pause the movie. 

I actually agree with this. I like going to the movies, but too often it feels like playing the lottery. Seems a toss up on having annoying people crinkling wrappers, kids tossing popcorn at people, someone texting or answering a phone call, or people needing to walk past you.

Obviously less an issue if you see a movie later in it’s run time but who wants to wait and avoid spoilers for weeks. 

18 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I actually agree with this. I like going to the movies, but too often it feels like playing the lottery. Seems a toss up on having annoying people crinkling wrappers, kids tossing popcorn at people, someone texting or answering a phone call, or people needing to walk past you.

Obviously less an issue if you see a movie later in it’s run time but who wants to wait and avoid spoilers for weeks. 

Add in the threat of getting Covid and it’s a quadruple billion no from me.

I love the theater.  A packed house of die hard fans at a late night showing is an energy that no home theater will ever be able to overcome.  I also love a completely empty theater where it's just me with the giant screen and some crazy *** surround sound system.  I remember seeing Reign of Fire something like 3-4 weeks into it's run at a 12:30am showing with no one in the theater besides me.  One of my favorite cinematic experiences ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I avoid opening weekends like the plague. Some films are hard to wait on seeing bcuz of how big they are and fear of spoilers.  The guy next to me at Avengers Endgame was absolutely sobbing at the end.  😒🤨

I’d rather wait and go at night like 10p or later during the week.  Usually there’s only a handful of ppl and I’ve never had any problems.  I saw Ford vs Ferrari at night and there was only one other person in the theatre besides me.  It was perfect.  

Edited by thrILL!

I'll never forget going to see the original blair witch in the theater. Was 17, had just graduated high school like a month before. Internet wasn't a big enough thing yet to completely spoil anything, and some friends and I went to a midnight showing. The theater was dropping wooden dolls from the ceiling, messing with people's feet from rows back so you couldn't see anything, messing with lights on the way out ..it was fantastic. One of my all time favorite movie experiences. 

I also remember watching Fast 7 in the theater, and how the ending got a standing ovation and people were crying their eyes out. That was a weird sort of experience, but one I was glad I had. 

So I definitely dig the movie experience in the right situations, and I can't really think of ever having a "bad" experience. 

14 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Or y'all find the smallest **** annoying and are unable to brush it off as nothing.

1) the guy letting his kid play with his car keys during Avengers 2, and when asked to stop, told us to "shut the - up"

2) the guy in front of me playing his Nintendo switch during Black Panther and wouldn't acknowledge anyone that asked him to stop. 

3) The mom that took her kid to Deadpool and he wouldn't stop crying.

You know, those little things to brush off.