2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

1 hour ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I guess we’ll see, not that it really even matters to the overall point I was making. 🙄

No, it matters to mine. The team needs to improve upon the current group, not augment it with a different version of the same problem. We need a #1/playmaker. Not another team's retreads. I was a fan of both Conley and Moncrief (huge fan of the latter) coming out of their drafts, but they just are what they are. Conley is the guy with a 104 rec., 1238 yards, 6 TD statline. That's appealing if it was all last year, but it's over 4 years and 53 games. He's just more of what we already have. 

4 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

We need a #1/playmaker. 

So if we aren't adding a #1 receiver then there is no use signing anyone? 

There's value in players that most might consider "retreads" in the right situation. Goodwin was a clear example of that. Moving forward thats the type of chance I'd like to take. 

If you want a Julio Jones, OBJ, or AJ Green they have they're cost and are probably available. 

1 hour ago, 48 1/2ers said:

So if we aren't adding a #1 receiver then there is no use signing anyone? 

There's value in players that most might consider "retreads" in the right situation. Goodwin was a clear example of that. Moving forward thats the type of chance I'd like to take. 

If you want a Julio Jones, OBJ, or AJ Green they have they're cost and are probably available. 

I didn't say #1 or no one. But I see no point in duplicating what is already here. Conley does nothing to improve the roster. But if adding that #1 is not possible, you can look to develop one in the draft. Chances are greater of finding that guy in the second round than in someone with every chance to succeed in a Kansas City offense that has been good to great his entire career. He just very likely is who he is. Even if a second round pick fails, it's not like there is never a Chris Conley-type player available. But a second round pick could develop into a much better player.

You keep bringing up Goodwin, but he's no different. He's what he was always said to be. A guy that just can't play if he's dinged up, and he's always dinged up. And many a writer has noted that the team believes Pettis is the future at Goodwin's position and Goodwin will be in rotation. We don't need just another guy in rotation. We've got plenty of those already. 

I mean, I wouldn't be mad if we signed Conley or anything. But I would definitely prefer a different route. 

4 years 60 million with like 35M guaranteed or something like that is a fair deal IMO. 

Either way, more than any WR, this would be our biggest FA addition since it is highly unlikely we end up with someone like Lawrence or any of the younger top DEs. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Let's go!!!! Come on Lynch/Marathe, get this one done!!

Sherman has been wooing him lol. 

I think that we have a good shot, particularly if we are willing to do 4/60 deal, 

Archived