2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

I’m hoping we go after Preston Smith, Kwon Alexander, and Tyrann Mathieu. I think all of there guys are being underrated at this time and are young enough to grow with this defense. I wanted Mathieu last year and was a bit bummed out when we didn’t show any interest, so it’s very likely I’ll be disappointed again this year. I think Kwon would fit that Will spot very well in this defense and I think I’ve made my opinion on Smith pretty well know by this point. I think bringing in those three guys would help our TO diff tremendously, not to mention the addition of Nick Bosa.

Amos is pretty easily the next best guy imo. Complete safety, just may not have the range and ballhawking skills that ET brings. Amos would be awesome though if ET doesn't work out.

Ha-Ha Clinton Dix gotta be in that conversation too. .

22 minutes ago, John232 said:

Amos is pretty easily the next best guy imo. Complete safety, just may not have the range and ballhawking skills that ET brings. Amos would be awesome though if ET doesn't work out.

Ha-Ha Clinton Dix gotta be in that conversation too. .

I'd love Amos as well, and even Ha-Ha. 

Then at corner give me Johnson and Desir, though the latter is likely locked up by Indy if they want to keep him. 

Give me ET, Kwon (rumors of the Bucs being enamoured with White) and an edge rusher or two from the group of Smith, Smith, Houston, JPP, Vernon, Barrett, Griffen. Everything else I think can be addressed in the draft in regards to another edge, IOL, WR and depth at certain spots.

28 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

So why didn't Alford just wait for free agency to start after Atlanta cut him? I don't see the benefit in signing with the Cardinals early? Unless he thought he wasn't going to get a better deal.

Its not like he could only talk to the cardinals... every team had a chance to go get him. They paid him a lot of money to be sure

I dont think that was a great signing tbh. He looked bad last year

9 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'd love Amos as well, and even Ha-Ha. 

Then at corner give me Johnson and Desir, though the latter is likely locked up by Indy if they want to keep him. 

which johnson are you talking about at corner man?

3 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

which johnson are you talking about at corner man?

I’d only assume Dontae since he was so valuable for us...but for real life I think he means Kevin, recently released Texan CB. Which I wouldn’t mind making a 1 year prove it offer too.

7 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

Give me ET, Kwon (rumors of the Bucs being enamoured with White) and an edge rusher or two from the group of Smith, Smith, Houston, JPP, Vernon, Barrett, Griffen. Everything else I think can be addressed in the draft in regards to another edge, IOL, WR and depth at certain spots.

I was just coming in to say the bolded. I read that, too, about the Bucs loving White. If that's the case, that helps up in two fronts - 1. Kwon is definitely hitting the open market, 2. The Bucs probably won't be taking a pass rusher, which makes a trade down past 5 even more alluring.

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

I’d only assume Dontae since he was so valuable for us...but for real life I think he means Kevin, recently released Texan CB. Which I wouldn’t mind making a 1 year prove it offer too.

dude is dontae even in the league anymore ??? LOL

but yeah, I've liked Kevin since he was drafted, He is actually a good corner who can't stay healthy 

I live in Houston and I am a part time texans fan (except when they play the niners) so I have followed his career since they drafted him. 

I think he would be a nice 1 year "prove it" type of player to grab and I don't think it would be that expensive either.

7 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I was just coming in to say the bolded. I read that, too, about the Bucs loving White. If that's the case, that helps up in two fronts - 1. Kwon is definitely hitting the open market, 2. The Bucs probably won't be taking a pass rusher, which makes a trade down past 5 even more alluring.

Which means JPP trade is likely off the table if it even made it to the table but that’s fine, plenty to choose from vet wise through FA. 

I think I also read the Bucs spent about half of their available cap space in resigning Smith too so one would think that would greatly hinder their ability in resigning Kwon, especially with help still badly needed in that secondary, specifically at safety where there are definitely targets and talents to be had. I could see the Bucs drafting White and lining him up next to David at the two ILB roles in their new 3-4 scheme

Ill admit, this trade down talk is seeming more and more attractive to me. Granted if Bosa is there let’s not over think this but if he’s not and we have teams lobbying for position to get their QB let’s capitalize even with Josh Allen on the board (and I love me some Josh Allen). I don’t put too much weight on the combine and the Uneradmour Olympics test scores but it does reaffirm or confirm some ideas I had about some prospects like Burns and Sweat. Even Ferrell looked good in drills from what I understand so a move down to say 4, 6, 7, 10, 13, or even 15 certainly seems more allowable now. 13 and 15 is getting a little too low for my liking but any of those other spots could net us one of Sweat, Burns or Ferrell and some more day 2 picks which would go a long way in addressing needs and filling the talent cupboard.

3 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Which means JPP trade is likely off the table if it even made it to the table but that’s fine, plenty to choose from vet wise through FA. 

Ill admit, this trade down talk is seeming more and more attractive to me. Granted if Bosa is there let’s not over think this but if he’s not and we have teams lobbying for position to get their QB let’s capitalize even with Josh Allen on the board (and I love me some Josh Allen). I don’t put too much weight on the combine and the Uneradmour Olympics test scores but it does reaffirm or confirm some ideas I had about some prospects like Burns and Sweat. Even Ferrell looked good in drills from what I understand so a move down to say 4, 6, 7, 10, 13, or even 15 certainly seems more allowable now. 13 and 15 is getting a little too low for my liking but any of those other spots could net us one of Sweat, Burns or Ferrell and some more day 2 picks which would go a long way in addressing needs and filling the talent cupboard.

I think that I'm with you in having a slightly higher evaluation of Allen than most and I agree entirely with this sentiment. 

Archived