Seahawks want 2nd round pick for Earl Thomas; Update: Thomas out for the year with broken leg

DigInBoys

9 hours ago, Sacks98 said:

Going to probably get hate for this for this but i am just glad we didn't extend him his immaturity was really starting to show last season.

His immaturity? How so? Him wanting an extension for all the great years he put in? Some financial security for him and his family?

No sure why people have to take sides in these kind of things. Unless a party is being completely irrational, both parties are trying to do what it best for them, sometimes they don't agree and that's ok.

That being said, I do not expect a grown man who already made a ton of money being so butthurt that he can't make more money to flip off his own team as he's carted off the field (if that was indeed what was happening).

8 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

No sure why people have to take sides in these kind of things. Unless a party is being completely irrational, both parties are trying to do what it best for them, sometimes they don't agree and that's ok.

That being said, I do not expect a grown man who already made a ton of money being so butthurt that he can't make more money to flip off his own team as he's carted off the field (if that was indeed what was happening).

It sucks to see Earl Thomas go out like that; however, he has wanted a brand new deal for a long time.  During the off-season he stated that football was very dangerous and he didn't feel comfortable playing the game without a deal securing his future.  That's very understandable and I wanted the team to extend him all off-season.  He's been frustrated for so long and he actually got hurt, so it all came out.  When he flipped off the sideline, I think that was towards the organization in general.  I don't think he was flipping off Bobby Wagner, Russell Wilson and the rest of the players.

3 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Completely immature by Thomas yesterday. No need for what he did at all in sticking out the finger. The guy is talented but that act and his injury would turn me off trading for him.

Something had to have happened for that to transpire.  You don't flip off your teammates.

23 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Something had to have happened for that to transpire.  You don't flip off your teammates.

He was flipping off Pete Carroll most likely - because the reason he was holding out (and not practicing) is that he wanted a long-term contract as security in case of injury. Now he hits FA where another team has all the leverage over him.

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

His immaturity? How so? Him wanting an extension for all the great years he put in? Some financial security for him and his family?

I get wanting an extension but really, financial security??? He made tons of money there. I get both sides outlook on it but let's not act like he's making 40k a year and wants a little more money so he can send his kid to college.

3 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

I get wanting an extension but really, financial security??? He made tons of money there. I get both sides outlook on it but let's not act like he's making 40k a year and wants a little more money so he can send his kid to college.

It could've also been job security, or just the peace of mind knowing he won't have to up and move his entire life if he gets injured and then becomes a FA. Who knows.

Archived