The Measurement

NudeTayne

The Measurement  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hue have had us go for it on 4th down?

2 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

And this would be a bad thing?

Haha, no. But people would have been furious with Hue had he went for it and we failed to convert. Obviously Oakland scored after that anyway, but hindsight is 20/20. I'm definitely ready for Hue to be fired, but he was in a tough situation there. It was a bit of a "damned if we do, damned if we don't" type of situation.

It's so easy to say go for it as a fan. But it's career suicide to go for it and fail if you're Hue Jackson there. I would have punted and told that idiot DC we have to stop running zone coverage all game long. Play man, send 4-5 guys, and nut up. Instead, we continued to run zone defense...in the red zone! WTF is he thinking? Anyone that understands football or has coached defense before knows that you can't play freaking zone inside the 15 yard line. Way too many open seams and easy dump off opportunities. I have no idea why Williams decided to shy away from playing man-man, which has worked so well for our defense the first few weeks. 

Oh, and TJ Carrie is a pile of dog poop. We have to find another CB somehow if Mitchell really is out for the season (rumored he's done).

The officials all deserve to die for sure (not an unusual take from me), but Greg Williams was the primary reason we lost. We made no adjustments to stop the things that were killing us all game long.

Hue Jackson has nothing to do with this loss. Don't try to put this on Hue, morons.

5 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

It's so easy to say go for it as a fan. But it's career suicide to go for it and fail if you're Hue Jackson there. I would have punted and told that idiot DC we have to stop running zone coverage all game long. Play man, send 4-5 guys, and nut up. Instead, we continued to run zone defense...in the red zone! WTF is he thinking? Anyone that understands football or has coached defense before knows that you can't play freaking zone inside the 15 yard line. Way too many open seams and easy dump off opportunities. I have no idea why Williams decided to shy away from playing man-man, which has worked so well for our defense the first few weeks. 

Oh, and TJ Carrie is a pile of dog poop. We have to find another CB somehow if Mitchell really is out for the season (rumored he's done).

The officials all deserve to die for sure (not an unusual take from me), but Greg Williams was the primary reason we lost. We made no adjustments to stop the things that were killing us all game long.

Hue Jackson has nothing to do with this loss. Don't try to put this on Hue, morons.

Everyone needs to read this post twice, good stuff.

Obviously the right call for a lame duck coach to try to avoid backlash is to punt, I get that. If our defense hadn't been getting torched in the 4th it probably also would have been the right call. I'm not even saying Hue was wrong to punt. I wouldn't have punted though because my own percentages that I make up in my head say the best chance to win is to gain a foot or so, not defend an offense that had wide open receivers throughout the second half from gaining 65ish yards (ended up being 53 yards) in a minute and a half. The 2 point conversion doesn't matter, they would have needed that if we gave them the ball at the 20 or midfield.

Right call for hue and his job but not the call I wanted.

30 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

BBC is a better corner than Carrie. Whoever made the decision to move him to safety can't evaluate.

We were 2 of 3 on 2 PT attempts yesterday, but that doesn't make it the right decision. If we go for it there and get stopped, Hue is in a completely indefensible position (wait...we should have gone for it!!!!).

My biggest two concerns going into the season were the lack of a true WR #1 and our lack of depth in the secondary. Both are why we lost yesterday IMO. Mitchell went out and our secondary turned into hot garbage. Drop after drop cost us early, and we don't have that "go to guy" on the outside (Landry is legit in the slot).

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

We were 2 of 3 on 2 PT attempts yesterday, but that doesn't make it the right decision. If we go for it there and get stopped, Hue is in a completely indefensible position (wait...we should have gone for it!!!!).

My biggest two concerns going into the season were the lack of a true WR #1 and our lack of depth in the secondary. Both are why we lost yesterday IMO. Mitchell went out and our secondary turned into hot garbage. Drop after drop cost us early, and we don't have that "go to guy" on the outside (Landry is legit in the slot).

I agree with this. We also failed to get consistent pressure on the QB which is a shame. Did we have 2 sacks and only a couple more pressures?

48 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Can't Hue see what is going on and politely suggest to his DC that man coverage might be worth a go?

If someone working for me* is making a pig's ear of things I let them know what they are supposed to do.

If they do it after this I get someone else to do the job.

(*It's ok to consider certain ladies as employees right?)

3 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Can't Hue see what is going on and politely suggest to his DC that man coverage might be worth a go?

If someone working for me* is making a pig's ear of things I let them know what they are supposed to do.

If they do it after this I get someone else to do the job.

(*It's ok to consider certain ladies as employees right?)

Of course, it’s just a temporary position.

A little good news.  42 points is the most the Browns have scored since Sept 2007 when Cleveland beat Cincinnati 51-45.

Anderson had 328 yards and 5 TD, Jamal Lewis had 216 yards and a TD, Braylon had 148 yards and 2 TDs

A little bad news. 45 points is the most the Browns have given up since Sept 2007 when Cleveland beat Cincinnati 51-45. The most the Browns have given up since the return was 58 to Cincinnati in 2004 in a 58-48 loss. The Browns have only given up 45 or more points on 3 occasions before yesterday since they returned to Cleveland. 

Basically, our defense yesterday was bad.

4 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

A little good news.  42 points is the most the Browns have scored since Sept 2007 when Cleveland beat Cincinnati 51-45.

Anderson had 328 yards and 5 TD, Jamal Lewis had 216 yards and a TD, Braylon had 148 yards and 2 TDs

I remember that game, my buddy and I had a jug of cheap wine and before the game agreed to chug a glass of for each Browns TD.  That next Monday was painful....

4 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

A little bad news. 45 points is the most the Browns have given up since Sept 2007 when Cleveland beat Cincinnati 51-45. The most the Browns have given up since the return was 58 to Cincinnati in 2004 in a 58-48 loss. The Browns have only given up 45 or more points on 3 occasions before yesterday since they returned to Cleveland. 

Partly defense, partly special teams and turnovers putting them in tough spots.

5 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Our defense wasn't great but about 21 of those points weren't their fault. There was the pick six, and two fumbles that occurred deep in our territory.

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Our defense wasn't great but about 21 of those points weren't their fault. There was the pick six, and two fumbles that occurred deep in our territory.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I remember that game, my buddy and I had a jug of cheap wine and before the game agreed to chug a glass of for each Browns TD.  That next Monday was painful....

Partly defense, partly special teams and turnovers putting them in tough spots.

Agreed, those turnovers were extremely costly. But if the defense holds up and forces a FG instead of a TD, that would make a big difference. 

Archived