2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

Nationals ownership and upper management are flying out to Vegas to make one last attempt to re-sign Bryce Harper.

Honestly, unless the Lerners are willing to go over the luxury tax threshold again, I cant think of anything more disastrous than inking Bryce to a 30+ AAV contract. They simply have too many holes/question marks on the current roster.

Two questions I have going into this offseason

1. Does David Price opt out? He has seemed to be unhappy in Boston,  but I wonder how much that has to do with his poor performance until the second half of this season.

2. Do the Yankees deal Sonny Gray, and if so, for what?

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Two questions I have going into this offseason

1. Does David Price opt out? He has seemed to be unhappy in Boston,  but I wonder how much that has to do with his poor performance until the second half of this season.

2. Do the Yankees deal Sonny Gray, and if so, for what?

1.  I believe he's already said he won't be opting out, hasn't he?  I see no way he does.  

2.  I think they roll the dice with him again next and see if he can right the ship over the offseason.  They wouldn't get much at all for him if they dealt him, and he won't be that expensive.

1 hour ago, tom cody said:

Harper should be a fun situation to watch. Given the Cubs loss last night I expect them to make an offer. 

Cubs were going to be in on Harper regardless of the season outcome.  Their funny money is going to start rolling in this year and they purposely stayed under the cap this year so that they can blow way past it in 2019 and 2020.  

5 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

The Diamondbacks are trading David Peralta and letting Corbin/Pollock walk in FA.  Bring on the rebuild.

I missed that Pollock was a FA this offseason.  He's gonna be a sneaky good pickup for someone this year.  

I'm thinking Corbin signs a really big deal with the Yankees.

20 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I missed that Pollock was a FA this offseason.  He's gonna be a sneaky good pickup for someone this year.  

I'm thinking Corbin signs a really big deal with the Yankees.

Corbin to NYY seems like a foregone conclusion, unless the Yanks are scared off by his poor EV-against.

Yanks, Dodgers, or Phillies for Machado. Harper to Cubs or Boston (*vomits*). Maybe Harper takes a one year do-over deal with Washington because the vets are still good and he can bounce back from the latest hidden injuries that cratered his season again.

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Corbin to NYY seems like a foregone conclusion, unless the Yanks are scared off by his poor EV-against.

Yanks, Dodgers, or Phillies for Machado. Harper to Cubs or Boston (*vomits*). Maybe Harper takes a one year do-over deal with Washington because the vets are still good and he can bounce back from the latest hidden injuries that cratered his season again.

Harper getting a 1 year bounce-back deal would basically be a 10 year contract at a slightly lower expect AAV with tons of player options. Which is what I expect Boras will be gunning for anyway.

Just now, Forge said:

Haha. I'd be surprised if he's the one. How often do we see the first name associated with an opening be the guy that is actually hired? 

I know but our FO is about to get raided. Arnold and Ray Montgomery are each going to be up for jobs.

Hopefully we POBO Stearns and GM Arnold.

Archived