2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

10 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

What’s your point?

I think the point was that smart spending is okay. JD's contract is an absolute steal anyways, and Price clearly earned his paycheck. I think the Sox could land Realmuto though, did you see the meh return the Marlins got on Stanton? lol. 

Bet Blake Swihart and Bobby Dalbec would get us Realmuto.

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

I think the point was that smart spending is okay. JD's contract is an absolute steal anyways, and Price clearly earned his paycheck. I think the Sox could land Realmuto though, did you see the meh return the Marlins got on Stanton? lol. 

Bet Blake Swihart and Bobby Dalbec would get us Realmuto.

Did you see the haul Yelich got? They asked the Nationals for Robles.

You're not getting him for scraps. We'd need to offer Hiura+ to get him.

4 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I also saw Stanton get moved for half a penny. Sox have the prospects to acquire Realmuto. 

No you don't. Maybe academically you could argue that the Red Sox could trade their top 6 guys or something, but the Marlins seem to be prioritizing a quality lead piece instead of depth.

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No you don't. Maybe academically you could argue that the Red Sox could trade their top 6 guys or something, but the Marlins seem to be prioritizing a quality lead piece instead of depth.

Chavis, Casas, Groome, Dalbec, Hernandez, Houck are all good prospects. 

4 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Chavis, Casas, Groome, Dalbec, Hernandez, Houck are all good prospects. 

And none of them are good enough to headline.

As dumb as the Marlins are, they have leverage. There are at least a few teams that need Realmuto, and he's cheap. They aren't going to give him away to get out from under his contract like Stanton.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And none of them are good enough to headline.

As dumb as the Marlins are, they have leverage. There are at least a few teams that need Realmuto, and he's cheap. They aren't going to give him away to get out from under his contract like Stanton.

Feel like a few of them are 100% good enough to headline a deal for JT Realmuto. We ain't trading for Mike Trout here.

5 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Feel like a few of them are 100% good enough to headline a deal for JT Realmuto. We ain't trading for Mike Trout here.

Are you not yet aware that JT Realmuto is the best catcher in baseball? 

Again, they asked for Robles and didn't move him when the Nats said no. They'd probably ask the Red Sox for Devers. Saying you can gather some scraps together and equal a Hiura-lead Brewers offer or Kyle Tucker lead Astros offer is Mets fan internet commenter bad.

10 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I'm with rammy on this one, if you're delaing for Realmuto it's going to hurt.  Blake Swihart has almost 600 PA, and he's got a sub-100 wRC+.  And he doesn't quite have that positional value to make up for it.

26 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Are you not yet aware that JT Realmuto is the best catcher in baseball? 

Again, they asked for Robles and didn't move him when the Nats said no. They'd probably ask the Red Sox for Devers. Saying you can gather some scraps together and equal a Hiura-lead Brewers offer or Kyle Tucker lead Astros offer is Mets fan internet commenter bad.

Thats like being the best veggie burger. Devers lol, they ain't that dumb. I think Swihart has more value than common fans think, dude has the makings to be a good C offensively and defensively. Sox have a few good pitching prospects and we have a lot of super high potential guys in the low level minors. Sox can get a deal done if they want to, no question.

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Thats like being the best veggie burger. Devers lol, they ain't that dumb. I think Swihart has more value than common fans think, dude has the makings to be a good C offensively and defensively. Sox have a few good pitching prospects and we have a lot of super high potential guys in the low level minors. Sox can get a deal done if they want to, no question.

You realize that Realmuto very easily could be the 3rd most valuable position player on the Red Sox in 2019, right?  

Archived