2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

44 minutes ago, N4L said:

I read today that Zaidi would have free reign besides being stuck with Bruce Boch for at least one year. Its going to happen. 

First thought was, well there goes mad bum... I know its the moneyball thing to do but damn.. hes my (2nd) favorite baseballer of all time (behind bonds)

10 minutes after I posted this it became official. 

Seems like a good move. 

18 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Mariners blowing it up, Yankees interested in Kluber or Carasco. Me like.

Who would the Yankees give up? I can’t see the Indians trading either one for a guy that is an impact player now or a year or two. Feel like the Indians might give this season away. Wait for Kip and Edwin’s contracts to get off the books and then be players after next season to prepare for a run in 2020 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Who would the Yankees give up? I can’t see the Indians trading either one for a guy that is an impact player now or a year or two. Feel like the Indians might give this season away. Wait for Kip and Edwin’s contracts to get off the books and then be players after next season to prepare for a run in 2020 

You want Clint Frazier back? Lol

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I’m not sure what his contract is like but he should net a couple decent prospects i would think. Would you want to move Trea to the outfield or out one of them at 2nd?

Trea would move to second. Frankly, I think that's where he belongs. The OF is already jammed with Robles waiting in the wings.

Segura's contract isn't too outrageous, so long as he hits. Four more years at just under 15 million per year, and team option at 17 million for a fifth year.

I also happen to think that Turner is somewhat overrated and wouldn't get upset if they traded him.

2 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Trea would move to second. Frankly, I think that's where he belongs. The OF is already jammed with Robles waiting in the wings.

Segura's contract isn't too outrageous, so long as he hits. Four more years at just under 15 million per year, and team option at 17 million for a fifth year.

I also happen to think that Turner is somewhat overrated and wouldn't get upset if they traded him.

Overrated in terms of what? Are there people calling him a top 15 player or something? I like his game a lot. Was also good to see him walking more last year. I love Didi, but if there was a chance to get Trea I’d go for it. Also because we have very little speed.

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Overrated in terms of what? Are there people calling him a top 15 player or something? I like his game a lot. Was also good to see him walking more last year. I love Didi, but if there was a chance to get Trea I’d go for it. Also because we have very little speed.

I think his ceiling is Elvis Andrus with average defense at short. A lot of Nats fans saw him hitting .342 and .284 the previous two (part time) seasons and assumed that was the way he was gonna be. Turns out, he's got holes in his swing and tends to fall in love with the long ball.

Just now, bigbadbuff23835 said:

In all seriousness I’d be ok with giving up Torres or Andujar in a deal for Cookie, more so Andujar with Didi hurt right now. 

It might take both of those guys or that’s the rumors being said on the Cleveland airwaves. It’s going to take a serious offer to get one of those two pitchers. Hopefully the talks get other teams involved to try and block the Yankees from getting one of them

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

So Bryce turned down a 10 yr 300 mill deal from the nats during the season. I think he regrets it.

With no opt outs.  He'll likely get a bigger deal than that on the open market and it will have multiple opt outs.

16 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Trade Madbum and Tony Watson to the Braves for Kyle Wright, Austin Riley, Luiz Gohara, Kolby Allard, and Greyson Jenista.

It would hurt for a season, but your organization would be stocked, and top 10 in baseball.

Wouldnt that be way more than enough? I like MadBum but that's a price like the WS year he had just ended.

Archived