2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

31 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

There are only 25 MLB pitchers who have more IP over the last 2 years than Kikuchi does.

How many pitchers have missed two seasons due to shoulder injuries?Those last two seasons hes thrown a lot more innings than earlier in his career. Hes a prime injury candidate

1 minute ago, Slateman said:

Hes been shut down twice and had his innings restricted several times due to shoulder injury

He's also made 20+ starts for 4 years in a row and has still thrown more than most MLB pitchers.

Is he going to give you 35 starts? No. 30? Maybe that's pushing it. But 25, most of them good? Sure. And at $6M/year, that's a fricking steal.

30 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Or its the fact that Hoskins was the second worst outfield defender in 2018.....just behind Harper. 

Well, Harper had no business playing center field.  Them again, neither does Adam Eaton- but the last time Eaton played full-time (his last year with the White Sox) he moved out of center field and provided elite level defense at RF, so I imagine the Nats were trying to make the best happen with what they had defensively.  I actually think they improve defensively without Harper- Soto in LF, Taylor and Robles in CF and Eaton in RF is a pretty good set up.  

Orioles finally hired their top guy in the baseball operations department- Astros AGM Mike Elias will be taking the job.  Rumors are that Sig Mejdal, who let his contract as Special Assistant to the GM in Houston expire, will join the Orioles with Elias as AGM, specifically in charge of heading up R&D/Analytics.  

Elias should do wonders in getting the scouting house in order- the Orioles only have one international scout and the smallest scouting department in baseball.  Elias's first task with the Astros was rebuilding their scouting department, so we should be heavily investing in that area early.  Oh, and he also needs to find a manager for the club too.  

15 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

So Manny Machado is 10000000% going to the Yankees. I have zero doubts about it. I’d almost rather have Harper but whatever

Don’t underestimate how cheap the ownership is. I don’t think they ever intended on passing the threshold due to the 2018 FA class.

Archived