2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

So much for the 1-2 year re-tool. This is looking like a full tear down for the Mariners. A little depressing since we haven't made the playoffs since the last tear down, but it's probably the right move.

Haniger should bring us more than Paxton or Diaz have. Likely our best piece.

Segura needs to go now too. 

New Orioles GM Mike Elias has told farm director Brian Graham- who represented the team at the last GM meetings- that his contract won't be renewed, right on the heels of doing the same with scouting director Gary Rasjich.  Of top executives, only Brady Anderson remains from the previous regime.  While I hate to see guys lose their jobs, especially around Christmas time, the changes coming to Baltimore are long overdue.  

25 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

New Orioles GM Mike Elias has told farm director Brian Graham- who represented the team at the last GM meetings- that his contract won't be renewed, right on the heels of doing the same with scouting director Gary Rasjich.  Of top executives, only Brady Anderson remains from the previous regime.  While I hate to see guys lose their jobs, especially around Christmas time, the changes coming to Baltimore are long overdue.  

Brady is untouchable. People still love him for some reason.

Just now, Slateman said:

Brady is untouchable. People still love him for some reason.

Not sure where you are getting that from.  A lot of fans, especially if you travel to the big unofficial message board or talk to the other STH's like I have, are frustrated in that he has no defined role, and that we keep certain players based off his recommendation, overruling Duquette at times (Mike Wright Jr immediately comes to mind.) . 

I mean, he's got a locker set up in the player's locker room at Camden Yards.  He shags fly balls.  He does special conditioning assignments and workouts with players, and has been rumored to tell them to ignore coaches at times.  On top of having responsibilities as an Assistant GM.  

If Elias likes him and can give him a defined role where he can contribute, awesome.  But I won't believe Elias has full autonomy until Anderson, who is a Peter Angelos stooge, is gone or has his role publicly addressed.  

White Sox acquired RHP Alex Colome from the Mariners for C Omar Narvaez.

Colome had been lined up to close for Seattle assuming their trade of Edwin Diaz went through. He's still a candidate for saves in Chicago, although the White Sox have financial incentive to use Nate Jones in that role since his salary is already locked in for the next few years. Colome is projected by MLB Trade Rumors to make $7.3 million in his second year of arbitration eligibility.

22 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Billy Hamilton non-tendered.

Wonder who tries to fix him.

The giants have been enamored with him in the past, but I don't know if that was Bobby Evans or not. His speed would be a boon in that spacious outfield park defensively. Wouldn't use him as much more than a PR / defensive replacement though. Wouldn't even bother trying to fix him. Just take advantage of what he can do. 

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He's not broken. 80 run/80 arm/80 glove CF. Every team in baseball could use him.

Hasn't his offense been so bad the last couple years it's cancelled out his defensive value? I know he's still the best pure defensive OF in the game barring his tools falling aoart.

Archived