2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

20 hours ago, Dingo18287 said:

I don't know why you'd trade Stroman or Sanchez this offseason. Their value couldn't be lower.

This is true and maybe I’m just used to this new management team trading away everyone at pennies on dollar. I also thought about it and figured these are the only players I’d consider tradeable right now in which we would still get good value. I suppose a deadline deal if they have good starts or next offseason would make more sense. 

Tulo just got released and idk who is gonna trade for Russell Martin I imagine we would have to take on a lot of Salary and almost give him away. Kendrys is untradeable. Then there are a few other fringy regulars whom I’m not sure have any value and we may as well keep as placeholders. Jays since I’ve been following them early-mid 00’s never seem to have a full rebuild maybe when they dealt Doc. But they seem like a team that wins between 76-86 wins every year for the most part and they always think they are a piece or 2 away and make a stupid FA signing or ridiculous trade. 

20 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I’m usually very supportive of dealing prospects for proven aces, but I want to give Andujar another year to see if the defense improves. I’ve long compared his profile to Cano, who also had terrible defensive metrics in his rookie year. The bat is clearly special.

I agree with you that he should be considered for a trade for an ace. But to say he’s not special is wrong. The kid is gonna be a high caliber hitter for a long time. 

38 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Am I crazy for thinking that this is the type of guy the Tribe should roll the dice on/try to get on the cheap and move to 3B?

Lindor: SS

Tulo: 3B

Ramirez: 2B

No not at all. Was thinking something similar with the Brewers since he's going to cost the MLB minimum. His best role from a team perspective is that he plays at 2B, SS, and 3B in some series of soft platoons against lefties, as a defensive replacement for 2B/3B, or if his bat rebounds a bat first role at SS.

I don't think he's going to want to take that though. 

42 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No not at all. Was thinking something similar with the Brewers since he's going to cost the MLB minimum. His best role from a team perspective is that he plays at 2B, SS, and 3B in some series of soft platoons against lefties, as a defensive replacement for 2B/3B, or if his bat rebounds a bat first role at SS.

I don't think he's going to want to take that though. 

Yeah...pardon me for not believing in Yandy Diaz as their everyday 3B...I just would love to see them roll the dice ala Napoli, Donaldson, etc. The Tribe has made off well with 1-2 year deals like this and Diaz can still be a platoon guy/quality backup with positional flexibility at 3B and 1B.

According to sources, the Mariners have talked with the Rays, Indians and Rockies about the 32-year-old Santana, who still has two years and $40 million remaining on a deal that he signed with Philadelphia last winter.

Interesting teams being mentioned here, I guess? 

Fancred's Jon Heyman reports that the Tigers have an agreement in place with free agent shortstop Jordy Mercer.

According to Mike Puma of the New York Post, the Mets had an in-person meeting with free agent Adam Jones this week in Las Vegas.

Craig Mish of SiriusXM reports that the Reds have "jumped into" the J.T. Realmuto trade market

Archived