BDL 2018 Week 5: Portland Horned Owls @ Rome Eternals

ny92mike

Portland Horned Owls @ Rome Eternals  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Portland Horned Owls
    • Rome Eternals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/2018 at 04:00 PM

Rome as well.

I actually like Portland wideouts. Crowder and Sanu have always been guys I'm higher on than most. I would probably put Jenkins over Adams too but that's not a big issue. Thing is, Rome has maybe the best CB 1 to 4 of the league, and their offense is too good for Portland.

43-21 Rome

The one big problem with going cover 2, is it puts the SS out of range of making a play at the LOS in the run game. So if Gurley can break one past the line, which he usually does, he's going to get a safety 1 on 1 deep in the open field and that's a problem. So much Rome offense. 

I hate over emphasizing Rome’s offensive and Portland has the CBs (Trufant was awesome this week) to make some stops, you’ve gotta gameplan as well as scheming against Rome to win. They aren’t going to get many stops despite having a premier secondary. Rome scores points in bunches.

Portland has the hot shot and flavor of the month. Sure Mahomes led an awesome product on the field but he was finally stoppable and isn’t with the level of talent he has in KC. He’ll score but scoring every possession isn’t sustainable.

Another shootout, and while Mahomes is the flavor of the month, Brees at home is hall of fame worthy when he’s on.

51-31, Rome.

Archived