5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

6 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Aaron is playing hurt and not practicing.  He'll be much better after the bye.  Outpost does make a few points that I don't totally disagree with.  However losing Aaron without a worthy successor is death.  We don't have one waiting in the wings and just signed him to an enormous contract.  Not an option.

Rodgers is being overshadowed by Goff and Mahomes at the moment.  Maybe that chip on his shoulder will return.  I am willing to give Aaron a pass because recent injuries.  He missed most of last year and now has a bum wheel.  So being a little off is to be expected.  Really give him credit for toughing it out and playing through the knee.  Yes he's human and it is affecting his performance.  Barring any setbacks he should round back into form soon.  

You might be right.  Aaron's knee might be hurt worse than anyone is letting on.  The doctors must believe him playing isn't going to make it worse and AR is our best option even hobbled to win right now.  Yes, he is toughing it out.  I'll never call him soft, that's for sure.  

I'm just glad people on Twitter are starting to point out Aaron's absolute horse**** play.  I honestly think he's been picking his targets before the play begins, and I think he's been doing it since 2015.  He's been playing really poorly and he's been getting saved by his ability to scramble and improvise.  That ability gets worse and worse with each passing year. 

He has to get his head out of his own butt now.

• Like 1

Here it goes – my first, and very hopefully my last, post that is critical of Aaron Rodgers.  I have growing concerns around a few things, and based upon the many articles and comments I’m reading both on the internet and on social media, it appears as though I’m not alone in my concerns.

First and most obviously, in spite of his numbers, Rodgers isn’t playing near to his capabilities.  He’s missing throws, he’s not seeing the field, he’s holding the ball too long, he’s not protecting the ball, he’s not seeing receivers running wide open all over the field.  He’s a large reason why this team starts out so slowly in games on offense, leaving the defense in a bind and forcing the team to dig out of huge holes.

Secondly, and equally concerning, is his overall attitude.  He just seems agitated, b!tichy, whiny, grumpy, and disgusted – with himself, his teammates, coaches, everybody.  His body language sucks, and he just doesn’t look prepared or even happy to be on the field.  Which is ironic after signing the largest contract in football history.

I don’t know what the fook is going on with him, but I know a lot of what we all hope to begin seeing with this team – a winning attitude – starts with him.  For so long, people have been pumping this guy up to God-like status, and maybe that hasn’t been such a good thing.  Well, folks are starting to move away from him in droves, and perhaps this will be a clear sign that his schtick is getting old, and he needs to get back to what drove him when he was a younger man. 

The Packers ills aren’t all his alone – it’s been a team effort in mediocrity.  But Rodgers would be well-served to take a look around and see that his actions aren’t helping turn things around.

I hope I never have to write a post like this again, because I’ve always respected his talent and what he’s brought to this team.  But things aren’t going to change unless he changes.  It’s a start anyways.

• Like 2

I think overall he is the least of our problems, but he could play better .. that's for sure.  I think I'd like to see a change in HC, and a new fresh start for this team.  Rodgers could probably use the challenge of a new offense to take his game up a notch.  We need an offense that is on the cutting edge, and a new voice to lead these guys.  Change can be very good .. especially when you have a stud QB that should be able to thrive in any scheme.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I think overall he is the least of our problems, but he could play better .. that's for sure. 

I disagree.  I think it all starts with Rodgers. 

Aaron Rodgers has 3 touchdowns and an interception in the first half of games this season.  That's 10 quarters.  That's 2.5 games worth of quarters and he has 3 touchdowns. 

He plays like a jackass for the first half of games because he won't play the damn offense.  Then he realizes he has to and turns it on in the second half. 

What would our record look like right now if we didn't play so poorly in the first halves of games on offense? 

45 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I disagree.  I think it all starts with Rodgers. 

Aaron Rodgers has 3 touchdowns and an interception in the first half of games this season.  That's 10 quarters.  That's 2.5 games worth of quarters and he has 3 touchdowns. 

He plays like a jackass for the first half of games because he won't play the damn offense.  Then he realizes he has to and turns it on in the second half. 

What would our record look like right now if we didn't play so poorly in the first halves of games on offense? 

Yeah he sure isn't coming out the blocks too quick. Seems pretty just blah in the first half over the last couple years. Early in his career he had a killer instinct to get those early leads. Just isn't there at times.

Lets not kid outselves that first half on Sunday was like quicksand. Everything that could go wrong did, poor calls for the zebras, the missed F/G's and MM's insistance on getting his QB passing TD's instead of running the ball in.

11 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think it starts with the head coach ... he should be reigning Rodgers in if he is straying from the scheme too far.   I don't understand how both of those knuckleheads can't see that when they run a quick hitting offense it works great.  

This is where I am at. If the general public can see these issues how does McCarthy not see them as well, though?

The most frustrating part of the Packers playing like this, is that no one seems to take ownership of why this continues to happen. We are told to Relax or be patient. Sooner or later though Production must meet expectations. Otherwise a move must be made. I am in the boat that if a move is made, it should be McCarthy to go and not Rodgers. Rodgers may shoulder as much blame as McCarthy, but he is the more difficult piece to replace. I think McCarthy is a good coach, but his voice and message has grown stale. He needs a fresh start somewhere else, and the Packers need a fresh start from him.

Nothing would make me happier than for McCarthy and Rodgers to prove me wrong and turn this ship around.  I am no longer expecting it, though. 

Edited by KingOfTheNorth

Just now, KingOfTheNorth said:

This is where I am at. If the general public can see these issues how does McCarthy not see them as well, though?

The most frustrating part of the Packers playing like this, is that no one seems to take ownership of why this continues to happen. We are told to Relax or be patient. Sooner or later though Production must meet expectations. Otherwise a move must be made. I am in the boat that if a move is made, it should be McCarthy to go and not Rodgers. Rodgers may shoulder as much blame as McCarthy, but he is the more difficult piece to replace. I think McCarthy is a good coach, but his voice and message has grown stale. He needs a fresh start somewhere else, and the Packers need a fresh start from him.

Nothing would make me happier than for McCarthy and Rodgers to prove me wrong and turn this ship around.  I am no longer expecting it, though. 

Gute needs to sit them both down and kick their a$$es maybe.

Rodgers and MM will turn it around.  They will kick the crap out of SF on Monday night.  Nice bye week coming up after.  Tough road games at LAR and NE.  We'll have to win one of them.  All is not lost plenty of season left.  At least the Pack is relatively healthy this gives me hope.  Aaron missed most of last season and got injured in game 1 this year.  To expect everything to function without missing a beat is unrealistic.  All in all they have played well.  Turnovers and penalties have killed us. Some really questionable calls have cost us as well.  

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm just glad people on Twitter are starting to point out Aaron's absolute horse**** play.  I honestly think he's been picking his targets before the play begins, and I think he's been doing it since 2015.  He's been playing really poorly and he's been getting saved by his ability to scramble and improvise.  That ability gets worse and worse with each passing year. 

He has to get his head out of his own butt now.

He's on pace for 4000+ 32 TDs and 3 picks.

Has he been his usual GOAT self all season? No he pretty much was for just 2 Qs in Chicago, but he's been closer to the best QB in the league than "absolute horse...." 

He's played well enough to have us 5-0. The refs killed us in Minny, the defense and drops killed us in Washington and the turnovers and missed kicks in Det. Also penalties have killed us all 5 weeks.

Aaron needs to be better, but you're calling him out for not being the best QB ever, by absolutely no means has he played bad by Joe Blow NFL QB standards.

• Like 2

Just now, Packerraymond said:

He's played well enough to have us 5-0. The refs killed us in Minny, the defense and drops killed us in Washington and the turnovers and missed kicks in Det. Also penalties have killed us all 5 weeks.

He lost two fumbles inside his own 30 yard line on Sunday.  How many quarterbacks are undefeated when they do that? 

If I'm being too hard on him, you're making too many excuses for him.