Week 6 GDT - San Francisco (1-4) @ Green Bay (2-2-1)

Leader

On 10/7/2018 at 4:29 PM, Outpost31 said:

We're still a good defense.  Don't let that score fool you.  17 points off turnovers, all of which were recovered inside our 30 yard line.  We were also down our best corner.

We could easily have a better second half to the season, and the season isn't over. 

We're still healthy, we've looked like crap before only to turn it around and play better. 

Rodgers has to play like he's down 20 points all the time. 

Generally agree, the only gripe about the defense is they allowed Detroit to go 4 for 4 for TDs in the redzone. Detroit was 4 for 12 coming in. Your defense has to force a FG or two there. The TD to Jones on 3rd and goal at the end of the half was a back breaker. Big difference between 20-0 and 24-0.

Our redzone defense needs to improve as much as our redzone offense does. We suck at both right now.

50 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Generally agree, the only gripe about the defense is they allowed Detroit to go 4 for 4 for TDs in the redzone. Detroit was 4 for 12 coming in. Your defense has to force a FG or two there. The TD to Jones on 3rd and goal at the end of the half was a back breaker. Big difference between 20-0 and 24-0.

Our redzone defense needs to improve as much as our redzone offense does. We suck at both right now.

For some reason we can't figure out how to cover a post out of trips right in the redzone. If my memory serves me, Minny scored on it, Washington did and Detroit x2. The CB feels like he has help inside and gives it up and both Brice and HHCD have jumped other routes. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

For some reason we can't figure out how to cover a post out of trips right in the redzone. If my memory serves me, Minny scored on it, Washington did and Detroit x2. The CB feels like he has help inside and gives it up and both Brice and HHCD have jumped other routes. 

It's this years version of screen pass ineptitude.

Realistic with Pessimistic Leaning: 8-7-1

Niners - Win
Rams - Loss
Patriots - Loss
Dolphins - Win
Seahawks - Loss
Vikings - Loss
Cardinals - Win
Falcons - Win
Bears - Loss
Jets - Win
Lions - Win

Realistic with Optimistic Leaning: 10-5-1

Niners - Win
Rams - Loss
Patriots - Loss
Dolphins - Win
Seahawks - Win
Vikings - Loss
Cardinals - Win
Falcons - Win
Bears - Win
Jets - Win
Lions - Win

McCarthy cannot afford any more losses against teams he should beat.  At all.  If he takes a loss against the Niners, Dolphins, Cardinals, Falcons or Jets, his job might actually be in jeopardy considering we've got a new GM.  Ted might have taught Gute to give the head coach one season before canning him. 

Is Beathard the worst QB currently starting in the NFL (and yes this includes Josh Allen)?

Is Alfred Morris the least dynamic RB currently starting in the NFL (assuming Breida is not good to go)?

I see Junior's boys holding the 49ers to 14 or fewer points on Monday night, a couple of picks for the D, and heck maybe even a sack or two for Clay and/or Perry.

Should also be an excellent opportunity for the offense to get its act together.

Hopefully get a dominant win, sustain no injuries, go into the bye with some positive energy, and get rested and prepared for what look to be the two most difficult games on the schedule.

Time to make a statement for the offense.... 9ers have maybe the worst defense in the league. They need to move the ball early and often, drop 30+, and take care of the ball. If this isn't an easy win I will be pretty discouraged going into the bye.

Just now, JBURGE said:

Time to make a statement for the offense.... 9ers have maybe the worst defense in the league. They need to move the ball early and often, drop 30+, and take care of the ball. If this isn't an easy win I will be pretty discouraged going into the bye.

Yep, it has to be an angry victory. 

I see the Niners as basically an auto-win 

I see the Rams as basically an auto-loss

Our chance to prove we've taken a step forward will be Week 9 against NE. The Patriots don't scare me and we match up pretty well against them. Definitely a game we could steal on the road assuming we aren't losing 24-28 to zip at halftime like our first two road games this year...

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yep, it has to be an angry victory. 

I think we all (players included) need a strong, blowout win. Good in all 3 phases. I've had enough of us losing games rather than the other team winning. No offense to the Lions, but they didn't even play that well. They didn't have to because of field position off turnovers and the kicking game. Redskins had a great first half, but some huge errors by the defense and a bland, under-performing offense again. 

Archived