#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

On 9/1/2019 at 8:51 AM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Watching gas mask Tunsil net two firsts is infuriating. Meanwhile, we’ll sit here with our hands in our pants and then eventually panic and trade Trent for a 5th, and spin it like it’s some win.

It's unbelievable but at the same time, Tunsil is younger and he hasn't been suspended twice by the league for marijuana use.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This thing has 0-5 written all over it. We can’t win in prime time so the Bears game is almost a guaranteed loss. The Giants always beat us nobody how much they suck. We sure as hell aren’t beating the Pats. Maybe we beat the Dolphins simply based on the fact that they may be the worst team ever but who do we beat after that? The Niners? Vikings? Green Bay, Buffalo, Detroit and the Jets are most likely losses. Maybe we beat the Panthers but even that’s a tough one. This may end up being a 1 or 2 win season and there’s too much talent on this team for that. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Being in the crowd today, I think they already have checked out 

Is it a shame because of the lack of interest in the product right now makes me more ready to go to a game? They're versus the Bears on Monday night and I've got off my evening job. I very well may make the 2 hour drive to Landover. Obviously its a price thing.

Edited by JoshstraDaymus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

The only reason why Manusky still has a job is that no one else would come work for Bruce Allen. 

Well, and the fact that Gruden used a job interview to tell Wade Phillips his offense was better than Wade's defense, and the fact that no good defensive coordinators or coaches want to work for a lameduck head coach, not to mention the environment that Snyder breeds in Washington.  The only time we can get good coaches are the ones we grow from the ground up like O'Connell, or like Tomsula who need any sort of chance to rehabilitate their image. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Well, and the fact that Gruden used a job interview to tell Wade Phillips his offense was better than Wade's defense, and the fact that no good defensive coordinators or coaches want to work for a lameduck head coach, not to mention the environment that Snyder breeds in Washington.  The only time we can get good coaches are the ones we grow from the ground up like O'Connell, or like Tomsula who need any sort of chance to rehabilitate their image. 

Ugh, so true

22 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I think this is slightly overstated. Callahan is a good coach who didn’t need the Redskins. Randy Jordan is a good coach. I know for a fact that you’re a Torrian Gray fan, and they pulled him out of the college ranks. Matt Cavanaugh and Nate Kaczor have both coached numerous places across the NFL over the last decade-plus. 

I do agree that no one wanted (or likely wants currently) the DC job, for the reasons you describe — although I think it’s much more about the last two reasons than some story Wade Phillips told about his interview here. Coaches seek out stability, and this situation is anything but.

I do think that is/was a little irrational on the part of the coaching marketplace. If I was a defensive-oriented coach — particularly one who had recently lost a head coaching job (and presumably has aspirations of returning to the top spot as soon as possible), like Todd Bowles or Vance Joseph or Jack Del Rio or Steve Keim or Chuck Pagano — I would have thought long and hard about the Washington DC job. There are a number of appealing aspects in my view:

1. Good talent; Allen, Payne, Kerrigan, Ioannidis, Norman, Dunbar, Reuben (at the time jobs were being decided), etc. is a solid group of talent to work with. 

2. To be considered a successful hire, you just have to do better than Greg Manusky.

3. The head coach was sure to be on a scalding hot seat. 

4. The absolute surefire odds-on bet coming into the season was that the defense would look like a much stronger unit than the offense. 

5. The offensive coordinator is/was no threat to be named interim coach, not over a DC (you) with head coaching experience. 

It was a great bet to be the absolute quickest/easiest path to a return to head coaching duties and at least a chance to audition for a long-term HC spot here or elsewhere. I’m still surprised none of those guys jumped on it. 

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

I think this is slightly overstated. Callahan is a good coach who didn’t need the Redskins. Randy Jordan is a good coach. I know for a fact that you’re a Torrian Gray fan, and they pulled him out of the college ranks. Matt Cavanaugh and Nate Kaczor have both coached numerous places across the NFL over the last decade-plus. 

I do agree that no one wanted (or likely wants currently) the DC job, for the reasons you describe — although I think it’s much more about the last two reasons than some story Wade Phillips told about his interview here. Coaches seek out stability, and this situation is anything but.

I do think that is/was a little irrational on the part of the coaching marketplace. If I was a defensive-oriented coach — particularly one who had recently lost a head coaching job (and presumably has aspirations of returning to the top spot as soon as possible), like Todd Bowles or Vance Joseph or Jack Del Rio or Steve Keim or Chuck Pagano — I would have thought long and hard about the Washington DC job. There are a number of appealing aspects in my view:

1. Good talent; Allen, Payne, Kerrigan, Ioannidis, Norman, Dunbar, Reuben (at the time jobs were being decided), etc. is a solid group of talent to work with. 

2. To be considered a successful hire, you just have to do better than Greg Manusky.

3. The head coach was sure to be on a scalding hot seat. 

4. The absolute surefire odds-on bet coming into the season was that the defense would look like a much stronger unit than the offense. 

5. The offensive coordinator is/was no threat to be named interim coach, not over a DC (you) with head coaching experience. 

It was a great bet to be the absolute quickest/easiest path to a return to head coaching duties and at least a chance to audition for a long-term HC spot here or elsewhere. I’m still surprised none of those guys jumped on it. 

I just think everyone knew it was the end of the road for this whole regime.