#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Not moving on from Bruce and Jay after last season was a monumental mistake. So dumb to continue this into this season. 

What do you expect?  Snyder keeps Allen around in some misguided Redskins loyalty feeling, but that's not the way you run a business, much less a football team.  

I can not believe that Allen was key to securing Mike Shanahan.  Still don't believe it.  

58 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

What do you expect?  Snyder keeps Allen around in some misguided Redskins loyalty feeling, but that's not the way you run a business, much less a football team.  

I can not believe that Allen was key to securing Mike Shanahan.  Still don't believe it.  

What I don't understand is why Snyder has any feelings of loyalty to Allen in the first place.

What has he done for you?

Just now, Woz said:

What I don't understand is why Snyder has any feelings of loyalty to Allen in the first place.

Exactly.  I don't get it either.  He's been one of the worst "GMs" record wise, and the team looks like it could have zero wins.  Everyone needs to go in a total housecleaning.  

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Exactly.  I don't get it either.  He's been one of the worst "GMs" record wise, and the team looks like it could have zero wins.  Everyone needs to go in a total housecleaning.  

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

(technically the last one needs --no-preserve-root, but still)

Edited by Woz
  • Like 2

On 9/29/2019 at 9:31 PM, Woz said:

It’s bc his dad was George Allen and for some reason Dan believe Bruce will lead us back to those glory years from when Dan was a child and Dan couldn’t be more wrong about that!

3 hours ago, mar29020 said:

apparently allen has connections to get snyder a stadium in DC, thats why.

LOL...the guy has nothing. Snyder will not get a stadium in DC. At least not through Allen. Snyder will be lucky if he can get ANY of the three (MD, VA, or DC) to allow him to build a new stadium on a new parcel of land with taxpayer dollars. In fact, his best bet, right now, to get a new stadium built?

The best bet to get a new stadium built, is for him to demolish FedEx and rebuild right there (*). If he does it with mostly his money, then no one can really stop him from doing it on the land he owns. It's already zoned for the stadium and the land is already there.

The only thing he would need to do is find a temporary stadium for a year or two while the stadium gets built. And with the declining attendance, they could look for universities nearby to use their stadiums on Sundays in the interim.

He can do all of that without Allen. 

He doesn't need him to get a stadium. And won't get one with him.

(*) Note: I'm not starting the whole stadium location fight again. I'll lock the thread if we get into that discussion again. I'm simply talking about the easiest route he has to get a stadium built since none of the 3 localities are warm to the idea of ponying up large amounts of $ for him. And that route is to use the plot of land he already has and use his own money. No one can stop him if he chose that route and he could get the stadium he wants (just not the locality he wants).

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

LOL...the guy has nothing. Snyder will not get a stadium in DC. At least not through Allen. Snyder will be lucky if he can get ANY of the three (MD, VA, or DC) to allow him to build a new stadium on a new parcel of land with taxpayer dollars. In fact, his best bet, right now, to get a new stadium built?

The best bet to get a new stadium built, is for him to demolish FedEx and rebuild right there (*). If he does it with mostly his money, then no one can really stop him from doing it on the land he owns. It's already zoned for the stadium and the land is already there.

The only thing he would need to do is find a temporary stadium for a year or two while the stadium gets built. And with the declining attendance, they could look for universities nearby to use their stadiums on Sundays in the interim.

(*) Note: I'm not starting the whole stadium location fight again. I'll lock the thread if we get into that discussion again. I'm simply talking about the easiest route he has to get a stadium built since none of the 3 localities are warm to the idea of ponying up large amounts of $ for him. And that route is to use the plot of land he already has and use his own money. No one can stop him if he chose that route and he could get the stadium he wants (just not the locality he wants).

I doubt he could do a major development like a stadium without an approved Plan of Development by the municipality even if the zoning allows it.  I mean basically he would have the right to tear down Fedex and rebuild the same thing without approval but if he’s going to make changes he’ll have to get a Plan of Development approved.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Exactly this.  VA wants nothing to do with it right now, because of how Richmond has suffered from the training camp facility.  There hasn't been a peep from the folks in DC after the original omnibus bill was voted down.  Once these two things happened, MD's governor took back the offer on a piece of land near the National Harbor.  This team is so bad, no one is interested and Snyder has no negotiating power to speak of.  As you said, and I've said it before as well, the best bet is to tear down Fed Ex, and play probably three years at UMD's stadium, which holds almost 52,000 people.  And the thing is, with this land, he can set that plan in motion whenever he wants, and finally get the domed stadium he wants to host Super Bowls, National Championships, etc.  

This franchise has to do a drastic about-face in the next five years for there to be any shot of a stadium that's not on the current grounds. 

• Like 2