#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Grant Paulsen

Was told that Dan Snyder has informed people around the league that Bruce Allen was already informed of the change. Heard he will stay on to lead the new stadium process.

Not what we really want! 🙄

Nope, because he's left the football side, came back to it, left the business side, came back to it and has been over both.  He's got to be done, plain and simple.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Just curious, what has he done to make you think he would be a good fit as an NFL GM?  

He comes off as super intelligent and I’ve always been a fan of his scouting. I think he’s a guy who deserves a shot somewhere. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He comes off as super intelligent and I’ve always been a fan of his scouting. I think he’s a guy who deserves a shot somewhere. 

To be honest, I didn't even know he worked for the Redskins until recently.  To be personnel director for Joe Gibbs and Andy Reid is no small feat.  It just bothers me that he's spent seven seasons out of the NFL front office, and is 50 years old.  You would think that by this point, someone would've given him a shot by now.  

EDIT: I'm open to him, just concerned about the lack of a job in a current front office.

From Keim on ESPN's main page 

ESPN's source said Allen told him he will continue as the Redskins' president and help owner Dan Snyder try to get a new stadium built. However, Allen's future role has not been made official by the team and could change. The Redskins have been trying to finalize a site for several years, and Allen has been viewed as consequential in this quest, sources say. However, his future could be tied to whomever Snyder hires as the next general manager or coach.

Allen's future has been discussed often in 2019, as the Redskins endured one of their worst seasons in years. They are 3-12 heading into Sunday's finale against Dallas. Coach Jay Gruden was fired after the team started the season 0-5.

Last week, one source said Snyder would be hiring the next coach, denying Allen a say in the decision. The same source also said Allen was considering a new setup for the Redskins' front office by hiring someone to be in charge of football operations.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28385206/source-bruce-allen-no-longer-running-redskins-football-operations

15 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Thank you. He is a talking head and nothing more until he proves it otherwise.

How can he “prove it otherwise” if he never gets the chance? It’s not like the guy has never done any significant work considering two teams have made him director of pro personnel and he’s been interviewed by quite a few teams for vacant GM jobs.

Why is it okay for guys with literally no experience at all in John Lynch and John Elway to be given chances to run a franchise but not a guy who’s actually been in the front office trenches? 

58 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Guess just like this year. My favorite team will be the team that plays the Redskins each week until hes gone.

I just dont have the ability to care with him around.

Yep, Snyder hasn't learned a single thing over these past 20 years.  He's going to wonder why the fans will continue to lose interest, and this is why.  He's not solving the problem at all, just trying to give the perception of a new coat of paint.  Except it's the same clunker that's been around for years and they didn't bother to sand any of the rust off of it before putting the new paint on it.