#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

My opinion at this point is that Snyder enjoys having the attention off of him.  Whereas he used to be the heel that drew the ire of the fans, that is now clearly Bruce Allen, and I think Allen relishes that position to boot.  At this point, I think that has to be what keeps him around, besides Snyder thinking he has the political connections to make a new stadium happen.  

• Like 1

Albert Breer and Chris Russell are reading the tea leaves where the Redskins hire an EVP over football operations, but Allen remains as team president.  If thats the case, expect the quality candidates to never interview. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/news/breer-redskins-have-kicked-around-the-idea-of-hiring-an-excutive-vice-preside-of-football-operations

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Albert Breer and Chris Russell are reading the tea leaves where the Redskins hire an EVP over football operations, but Allen remains as team president.  If thats the case, expect the quality candidates to never interview. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/news/breer-redskins-have-kicked-around-the-idea-of-hiring-an-excutive-vice-preside-of-football-operations

That’s not what that says. Breer clearly states this would most likely mean firing Bruce Allen. 

• Like 1

I expect the giant execution on Monday!!!!!! There’s no way Snyder can be okay watching his stadium look like a away game!!!! Tickets not being able to be given away. Snyder can still use the Brucesucker as a outside consultant for a stadium. But he has to be away from football decisions. I have this outside feeling Alex Smith is about to have the job Breer is reporting. Kyle Smith and staff remains intact as far as college scouting and everything. Hiring Alex Smith at that title allows you the luxury of promoting Kyle Smith to GM if his amazing drafts continue. So teams can’t poach him. There’s just no way this fan base will buy into anything with Bruce in touch of anything inside the football structure. 

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

If Alex Smith is hired to work in the front office? As EVP (Executive Vice President) or some other position?

Then, Jim Harbaugh becomes our #1 coaching target. 

He also fits all criterias of a Dan Snyder hire.

Which is...Big Splash!

Jim Harbaugh is literally the worse possible coach for this position. He literally like McVay and Jim Schwartz and others to have early success then never repeat. They inherited a team that had picked in the top 5 and 10 for years and ultra talented but they brought fire to a losing culture then fizzled out because they aren’t really good head coaches. I wouldn’t put McVay there yet I think he just got a really early start and has a lot to learn I believe in the future that guy is a beast. Just like Kyle Shanahan. But I do not even like the idea of Harbough. This guy literally can’t beat Ohio State. He’s always had Uber talent and just doesn’t maximize it. Just my opinion I always get killed for it but he is nothing like his brother as a coach.

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

If Alex Smith is hired to work in the front office? As EVP (Executive Vice President) or some other position?

Then, Jim Harbaugh becomes our #1 coaching target. 

He also fits all criterias of a Dan Snyder hire.

Which is...Big Splash!

If Alex Smith is hired as EVP then we’re just as dumb as we’ve ever been. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If Alex Smith is hired as EVP then we’re just as dumb as we’ve ever been. 

John Lynch seems to be doing a solid job in San Fran at getting the coaches the players they need. I think Alex Smith has those kind of smarts and I don’t actually see that as a bad thing. We’re talking about a guy who was being written off as a bust for most of his career in San Fran. He always turned it up in the playoffs and actually his defenses which were always solid those years let him down. I think we’re talking about a guy who has the stones to take the bad days and the drive to fight towards the good days. I think he can handle Snyder. I think Smith probably has more success in a FO position then he ever had as a player who was really good. I actually like it because we’re talking about someone who knows football can clearly relate to the younger players. Smith is a leader. He’s willing to learn and he’s not gonna overstep. The more I think about it the more I like it.

• Like 1

LOL guys, Alex Smith is not going to go to the front office here.  He's still under contract, and there is no way he is giving up that money.  If he does anything, it will be to declare him not cleared medically to play anymore, which is what happened to Prince Fielder in MLB a few seasons ago.  The Redskins might be able to acquire more insurance money in this case, but not much more, and will be stuck paying Alex Smith regardless.  He's not going to do this team any favors when it comes to the rest of his $50-ish million.  

And personally, even if the Redskins were an option, he's made $161.5 million in salary over his career.  There are no reasons for him to stick around this dumpster fire.  

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Jim Harbaugh is literally the worse possible coach for this position. He literally like McVay and Jim Schwartz and others to have early success then never repeat. They inherited a team that had picked in the top 5 and 10 for years and ultra talented but they brought fire to a losing culture then fizzled out because they aren’t really good head coaches. I wouldn’t put McVay there yet I think he just got a really early start and has a lot to learn I believe in the future that guy is a beast. Just like Kyle Shanahan. But I do not even like the idea of Harbough. This guy literally can’t beat Ohio State. He’s always had Uber talent and just doesn’t maximize it. Just my opinion I always get killed for it but he is nothing like his brother as a coach.

Yeah I'm not impressed at all with his tenure at Michigan.  A failure to beat ranked teams, a failure to beat his archrival and a failure to win bowl games.  Harbaugh would be a terrible hire for the Redskins.  

13 hours ago, lavar703 said:

That’s not what that says. Breer clearly states this would most likely mean firing Bruce Allen. 

Breer states it would probably mean firing Allen.  Russell is saying it means they could keep him around.  

Given the fact that Allen has already been assigned and reassigned, has Redskins blood (and we all know how Danny feels about Redskins history) do you really believe that Allen is going to be 100% gone?  And I don't care about business or football side, he's shown when he's only responsible for one, he meddles and interferes in both.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

LOL guys, Alex Smith is not going to go to the front office here.  He's still under contract, and there is no way he is giving up that money.  If he does anything, it will be to declare him not cleared medically to play anymore, which is what happened to Prince Fielder in MLB a few seasons ago.  The Redskins might be able to acquire more insurance money in this case, but not much more, and will be stuck paying Alex Smith regardless.  He's not going to do this team any favors when it comes to the rest of his $50-ish million.  

And personally, even if the Redskins were an option, he's made $161.5 million in salary over his career.  There are no reasons for him to stick around this dumpster fire.  

There's such a thing as a June 1st cut and if make Alex one! Then, after that we’ll see what he wants to do. He certainly could do nothing. He could do TV, he could be an assistant coach or he could end up in a front office. I don't really expect him to be a GM right away but eventually he could be if he wanted to be.

19 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah I'm not impressed at all with his tenure at Michigan.  A failure to beat ranked teams, a failure to beat his archrival and a failure to win bowl games.  Harbaugh would be a terrible hire for the Redskins.  

Actually with that record, he’s par for the course! Haha 🤣