#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

39 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

I’d sign for Tom Coughlin in Bruce’s role right now, I don’t care how old he is

He's too old school.  I don't think he could build a successful modern team.  The Jags locker room hated him.  Sounds familiar.  

• Like 1

Just now, MKnight82 said:

He's too old school.  I don't think he could build a successful modern team.  The Jags locker room hated him.  Sounds familiar.  

I get that, but he’s proven in Jacksonville he can pick players. Did he go overboard with the discipline? Yes, but if he can tone that down a bit he can build culture that’s damn good. 

5 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

I get that, but he’s proven in Jacksonville he can pick players. Did he go overboard with the discipline? Yes, but if he can tone that down a bit he can build culture that’s damn good. 

The guy also took a RB in the top 5, just traded Jalen Ramsay away instead of paying him, and gave Nick Foles a big contract.  

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

He’s never been able to tone it down though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The guy also took a RB in the top 5, just traded Jalen Ramsay away instead of paying him, and gave Nick Foles a big contract.  

Fournette is a top RB talent  and fit a major need for them. He wanted to team to play to its defense and it was working great for a while. 
Ramsey went off on Marrone in the sideline, not Tom

Coughlin is a great football mind, but one reason he was let go is bc the league or players association (not sure which) found his fines and discipline to be overboard. They advised free agents not to sign in Jacksonville. I don’t think he’ll be in the league again, and frankly, he does need to retire and enjoy what’s left of his life. 

Coughlin Straining the relationship with Ramsey the way he did was stupid. Letting it get to a point where he had to trade away Ramsey was stupid. Also, the Jags owner Khan was beyond stupid for not firing Coughlin mid season to see if he could salvage the relationship with Ramsey before trading him.

Edited by turtle28

its really strange to see all these reports of snyder and his wife being seen with alex smith and his wife more and more often then with Bruce. These "Alex as GM" theories are coming out of nowhere and i really dont understand how they started and how some say he could be considered with no experience. really hope thats not where we go just to try and save some money

31 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

its really strange to see all these reports of snyder and his wife being seen with alex smith and his wife more and more often then with Bruce. These "Alex as GM" theories are coming out of nowhere and i really dont understand how they started and how some say he could be considered with no experience. really hope thats not where we go just to try and save some money

I don’t like the idea of Alex as GM but if we kept Schafer to do the cap/contracts, Alex Santos for pro personnel and Kyle Smith/Grimble to do the draft with Alex, it could work. Alex will give the Redskins a fresh face and help restore our reputation around the league which Dan,Vinny & Brice have ruined the last 20 years. Alex is very well respected and liked around the league and in the Redskins lockeroom - which may be most important - if he’s the new face of the Redskins FO, that could be a good thing.

Look, it worked for San Fran when Lynch was made the GM and they hired Kyle and most called San Fran crazy for taking Lynch straight out of the booth to be a first time GM. If Alex is made the GM, that may be enough to get Eric Biennimy here as HC. Hopefully, Eric will want to keep O’Connell, Rattay, Randy Jordan as RBs coach and maybe even Ike Hillard as WR coach too bc he’s done such a good job helping develop our young WRs. If we keep a lot of the offensive coaches, our young offensive players have some continuity but I’d totally understand if a coach wanted his own people and they should be allowed to do that. We’d need a new OL coach and defensive staff for sure though, my guess is Eric would go back to the 4-3, but that’s just a guess. 

Edited by turtle28

10 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Fournette is a top RB talent  and fit a major need for them. He wanted to team to play to its defense and it was working great for a while. 
Ramsey went off on Marrone in the sideline, not Tom

Ramsey single handily pointed out that Tom was a major part of the issue.

• Like 1