#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I think he see's an opportunity to rejoin the team if Bruce is gone.  So why not go after Bruce.  

Well that would blow my mind if it happened.  I am not sure I want him back because the only way he is coming back is if we sign him to a mega deal.

17 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Well that would blow my mind if it happened.  I am not sure I want him back because the only way he is coming back is if we sign him to a mega deal.

I think Dan choosing him over Bruce and giving him a 2-3 year extension would be enough.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I think Dan choosing him over Bruce and giving him a 2-3 year extension would be enough.  

That would be so wild if he won this standoff and rejoined the team. I don't see it happening even if Brice is gone but I would welcome It.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

As I said, personally I lost all respect for TW and I would much rather have a good draft pick than Trent.

Still I would be very very curious as to the reaction of the redskin fans to this.  Would people embrace Dan for this move especially if Trent Williams continues to publicly support Snyder during the process of it? 

Oh the drama, please make it end :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, offbyone said:

As I said, personally I lost all respect for TW and I would much rather have a good draft pick than Trent.

Still I would be very very curious as to the reaction of the redskin fans to this.  Would people embrace Dan for this move especially if Trent Williams continues to publicly support Snyder during the process of it? 

Oh the drama, please make it end :)

Ya, I just don’t get that.  I respect him more.  

oh and to your second point, yes I think he would be welcomed back by fans.  I don’t think he’s just kissing Dans butt here he basically saying he wants to remain a Redskin just get rid of Bruce and the medical staff that doesn’t seem to keep anyone healthy.

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Snyder backing Bruce during this part has sealed Trent's fate.  Even if Bruce is out, I don't think he's coming back.  

So what’s Trent going to do, sit out another year and not get paid? Let’s be real here, not having to spend a top 5 pick on LT would be really nice. It would allow us to go in a multitude of directions. As of right now, with Chase Young being out of reach, Andrew Thomas is almost being forced to be the pick. 

• Like 2

If Bruce Allen is fired or retires, I would be 100% on board extending Trent till he retires a Skin.

So as long it was a fair modest deal & he shuts up & plays football.

It would allow us to go different directions in the 1st Rd, or at least make OT not such a high priority early in the 1st.

I still think we need to look at addressing our RT situation, so OT should not be scratched off the list by no means.

What it WOULD allow us to do, is possibly trade down from #3 or wherever...

Pick up a 2nd Rd pick we no longer have + possibly more.

And draft best available player on the board, like we've been doing the last few drafts. 

Say we trade down to #12 for example and WR CeeDee Lamb or OT Tristan Wirfs is on the board. BOOM! 

We have a #2 WR or possibly Morgan Moses replacement.

Or maybe a CB is there we like? Or maybe Safety Simmons is there? 6'4 230 lb Safety.

Lots of directions we could go.

Point is, without Trent Williams we need to either take Andrew Thomas, or sign one to some mega deal in free agency.

Because our 1st priority should be to protect D. Haskins. 2nd priority? Get him some weapons to throw too.

Including TE, which we need as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So what’s Trent going to do, sit out another year and not get paid? Let’s be real here, not having to spend a top 5 pick on LT would be really nice. It would allow us to go in a multitude of directions. As of right now, with Chase Young being out of reach, Andrew Thomas is almost being forced to be the pick. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f765630c484c62c3d3

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

If Bruce Allen is fired or retires, I would be 100% on board extending Trent till he retires a Skin.

So as long it was a fair modest deal & he shuts up & plays football.

It would allow us to go different directions in the 1st Rd, or at least make OT not such a high priority early in the 1st.

I still think we need to look at addressing our RT situation, so OT should not be scratched off the list by no means.

What it WOULD allow us to do, is possibly trade down from #3 or wherever...

Pick up a 2nd Rd pick we no longer have + possibly more.

And draft best available player on the board, like we've been doing the last few drafts. 

Say we trade down to #12 for example and WR CeeDee Lamb or OT Tristan Wirfs is on the board. BOOM! 

We have a #2 WR or possibly Morgan Moses replacement.

Or maybe a CB is there we like? Or maybe Safety Simmons is there? 6'4 230 lb Safety.

Lots of directions we could go.

Point is, without Trent Williams we need to either take Andrew Thomas, or sign one to some mega deal in free agency.

Because our 1st priority should be to protect D. Haskins. 2nd priority? Get him some weapons to throw too.

Including TE, which we need as well.

We have Geron Christian to compete with Moses at RT. Last week Christian looked pretty good against one of the best pass rushes in the NFL. 

By no means is Moses great, but I think there’s a bit of an overreaction to how he’s played. He’s at worse serviceable at RT which means he can be used as a stop gap as we improve other positions.

The bottom line is we just need to take the best player available, I can’t stress this enough. We don’t need to over complicated things by trading down and then miss on one of the best players. We could use an upgrade at multiple positions. 

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We have Geron Christian to compete with Moses at RT. Last week Christian looked pretty good against one of the best pass rushes in the NFL. 

By no means is Moses great, but I think there’s a bit of an overreaction to how he’s played. He’s at worse serviceable at RT which means he can be used as a stop gap as we improve other positions.

The bottom line is we just need to take the best player available, I can’t stress this enough. We don’t need to over complicated things by trading down and then miss on one of the best players. We could use an upgrade at multiple positions. 

I agree, turtle.

I basically advocate trading down cause I'm not sure I want to take Andrew Thomas at the #3 spot.

If we were going tackle in the 1st Rd for sure?

I would rather trade down to #10-12 spot from #3.

Probably receive a 2nd Rd, 4th Rd & a 2021 2nd Rd pick or somewhere in that area.

Take Tristan Wirfs at that #10-12 spot. (If close to best available)

Then have that 2nd rounder to possibly address CB, WR, FS or WR or TE. Or maybe trade down a little again & get more picks. Kind of like we did in the 2nd Rd when we drafted D. Guice.

The more draft picks when can get, the more youth & talent we can add to this team. Thus, allowing us to cut ties with some of these older vets taking on large salary cap. Like Norman, Reed, etc.

Truly build a young team around Haskins & hopefully build a dynasty.

Andrew Thomas would be a way better top 5 pick than Brandon Scherff was. He size and skills remind me of Tyron Smith of the Cowboys. Definitely would help sure up that LT spot for year's to come. Williams will get them at least a 3rd round pick 2nd at best. I'd prefer to come out with the best LT at #3 than trade down and taking Wirf who really wouldn't be much of a asset with Moses still on the team playing exceptional football. 

Also if Scherff is asking for too much in a extension, I'd put him on the Trade Block for at least a 2nd round pick. Looking to replace him with a Shane Lemiaux, Solomon Kidnley, or Trey Smith. While resiging Flowers to a 3 year deal to stay at LG.

Edited by Skins212689
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Andrew Thomas would be a way better top 5 pick than Brandon Scherff was. He size and skills remind me of Tyron Smith of the Cowboys. Definitely would help sure up that LT spot for year's to come. Williams will get them at least a 3rd round pick 2nd at best. I'd prefer to come out with the best LT at #3 than trade down and taking Wirf who really wouldn't be much of a asset with Moses still on the team playing exceptional football. 

Also if Scherff is asking for too much in a extension, I'd put him on the Trade Block for at least a 2nd round pick. Looking to replace him with a Shane Lemiaux, Solomon Kidnley, or Trey Smith. While resiging Flowers to a 3 year deal to stay at LG.

Exactly!