#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

23 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

to me that would allow us to be able to not have to focus on OL too early in the draft. though it does mean we wouldnt be in position to aquire a 2nd rounder.

I think anyone would take Trent over a 2nd round pick except for the select few who’ve wanted to trade Trent for years. 

If Bruce is fired and Trent returns it will be one of the best days of my life! 

7 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I hate Bruce too. But after seeing the things he said, I want Trent gone more than ever now. 

I actually think everything Trent said is 100% spot on.  This organization is a cancer that has a history of disrespecting players and coaches. 

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I actually think everything Trent said is 100% spot on.  This organization is a cancer that has a history of disrespecting players and coaches. 

That is true. They do. And I'll man the battlements and get the pitchforks and torches ready for all of you guys (since Redskins Park is only 10 minutes form my house).

But some of his remarks are over the line and playing cards that IMHO don't apply. And if he wants to be gone, he needs to STHU and allow the Redskins to work out a decent trade partner. Otherwise, he's sitting for another year because he's tanked his value. Similarly, this is whining and crying because of the NFI-exemption list the Redskins put him on. That isn't treating him horribly. That's being smart as an organization with a player that held out all year and only "reported" to try to satisfy the requirement of getting credit for the year. He stated he had no interest in playing for the Redskins even after he reported. So then why is it suddenly bad pool that the Redskins placed him on the list? It isn't. 

And don't get me started on his slandering the medical team (and now he's switched the focus to Bruce because the team has asked for a review by the NFL, NFLPA, and a 3rd party and Trent will - I predict - be exposed as a liar) as the catalyst for why he was holding out. And then blaming another reason why the team sucks (see below).

This is what happened IMHO.

1. He wanted a new deal and wanted more guaranteed money. [I can't blame him there. Nothing wrong with trying to get all you can]
  2. Redskins didn't want to give him one since he agreed to the deal a few years before and they front loaded it with guaranteed money. [ Can't blame the team there either]
  3. To avoid looking bad, he slandered (*) and blamed the team medical staff (a convenient foil) for not diagnosing his cancer. [We've been over this ad nauseum how stupid he sounds blaming them for this]
  4. He holds out, trying to force a trade. [Still can't blame him for this. But I can blame him for slandering the medical staff]
  5. He finally "reports" but has no interest in playing for the team the rest of the year and suddenly the helmet "hurts" to put on. [One wonders if it would've hurt him in September if we had traded him to the Patriots. My guess is it wouldn't have]
  6. The Redskins (who have been prohibited by federal law from responding with specifics in public) place him on the Non Football Injury - exempt list to ensure that he doesn't get credit for this year and can maximize trade value. [ Can't blame the team there. Trent was using the tools at his disposal. The team gets to use theirs.]
  7. The team ALSO requested a review of the situation so that they can get their day in court so to speak. [Can't blame them here. If I felt wrongly accused, I'd want an independent investigation as well.]
  8. Trent refuses to go along with the investigation. Claiming he wants to put it all behind him. [I CAN blame him here. If he were telling the truth, he has nothing to lose here by having the investigation look into the teams actions and how this all came about. The fact that he now doesn't want to participate tells me he's been lying his butt off]
  9. And realizing that he now looks stupid and looks like a liar, he switches targets to the Front Office and how they handled the situation. Originally the problem was the medical staff, their misdiagnosis and his lack of trust in them. Now it's not them (conveniently to avoid the inquiry the Redskins asked for) but is instead Bruce and the Front Office. Which, let's face it, they do suck and are also a convenient foil (and also there's no review that can be conducted into Bruce's alleged actions as a douchebag - per Trent).
  10. And given that nothing else is working, he now tries to blame it on a 3rd reason = racism (**)

Some notes:

• Does our front office suck? Absolutely.
  • Should they have converted much of his last two years into guaranteed money? I would've done it. But I can't blame them for not doing it to avoid having to do it in the future.
  • Does our medical staff suck as sports injuries/training? YES OMG YES!
  • Does our medical staff include oncologists with equipment to diagnose cancer? No. Expecting them to do so is like expecting a gynecologist to diagnose testicular torsion.
  • Does Bruce Allen suck? Yes
  • Should he be fired? A LONG TIME AGO!
  • Does Trent's story add up? Not even remotely.

It's like watching a 300lb man climb ever farther out on the branch and light himself on fire in the process.

It is completely stupid on his part to do this. If the guy wants to be gone, he's already given them enough reason to let him go via trade. And the team is already looking to do this. But he continues to step on sensitive parts of his anatomy while wearing golf shoes IMHO. Don't continue to antagonize the team to the point where they will now just simply retaliate out of spite and shelve him for two years (yes, Bruce and Dan are THAT petty). The Redskins need him far less these next two years than he needs to play football. Just STHU, let it play out and then go to your new team. Run your mouth when you get there. But doing it now is counterproductive to everyone, including you.

(*) Right now, it is my position that he has slandered the medical staff. If a review is performed and it is shown that the medical staff prevented him from getting treatment, I will change my stance

(**) We are not supposed to talk about race, etc... I mentioned this ONLY because he is now blaming racism as the reason why the Redskins are doing this. And ONLY mentioned it because it is now the 3rd shift he has undergone in why the organization sucks and why he is holding out. I will shut down the thread if it turns into a discussion on race, etc... My point was just to show that there is now a new reason he is putting out there that has nothing to do with what he originally claimed. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Right?  He’s my hero.  I don’t understand why people are upset with him.

See my response above as to why. I'll be happy if he gets Bruce fired. But that doesn't negate what he's doing/done and how. I have zero problem with a player wanting to leave to go play for a winner. Or wanting more money. I don't want a guy on my team who thinks his actions are okay to use (*).

(*) Just like I don't want a GM running this team who runs it like Bruce.