#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

https://twitter.com/thesportsgroove/status/1209947479963242497

Somebody by the name of "TheSportsGroove" on Twitter, who claims to be a UMD professor and work for 106.7 The Fan is reporting a number of changes:

1. Whole coaching staff will be fired

2. Urban Meyer will be named Head Coach

3. Alex Smith moving to the front office

4. Shake up in the front office, with one individual being promoted up

No idea how real (or fake) this is, but interesting nugget...

UPDATE - It's Mark Gray, who has been a DC sports journalist for many years. Seems to be plugged in, but could be a grasp.

Edited by A TRAIN 89

6 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Somebody by the name of "TheSportsGroove" on Twitter, who claims to be a UMD professor and work for 106.7 The Fan is reporting a number of changes:

UPDATE - It's Mark Gray, who has been a DC sports journalist for many years. Seems to be plugged in, but could be a grasp.

I see it now. Can't find anyone to verify it. MEHHHHHH if true. 

Not buying it. No chance this happens lol

• Like 2

I pray this happens! If you want Haskins as your QB & don't  want some random coach coming in ala like Jay Gruden...."you're not my QB" and causing conflict & continuous disfunction?

Then you all, better hope the same.

The only coach who I think would be a better hire & fit? Is Lovie Smith

And I say that cause he's proven himself in the NFL already.

And would be perfect, for our Defense & going back to the 4-3.

But he is a retread hire...

If you want the perfect fit, but a fresh start & complete rebuild?

Then you want Urban Meyer.

Seriously...I pray this Happens.

My birthday is Jan 7th.

That's what I want, for my birthday! 🥞

Edited by aceinthehouse
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I think this is very likely. Urban Meyer could warrant a respectable staff and if your going to pay this guy your going to give him his staff. I just don’t know if he’s actually physically able to coach but I know nothing about his head ailment. I can see Kyle smith being promoted to GM as I think he has the mind for football and I can see Alex Smith moving into VP. Too much smoke I think this has been a long season there’s no way Snyder wasn’t listening and taking advice from outside people around the league about how to not ruin this QB prospects hope of success

• Like 1

Why, of all the jobs he could have, would Urban Meyer come here? Just ask yourself that and then think about it for a couple seconds. The guy could basically get any job he wants and the one he’s going to take is with Dan Snyder....yeah, not buying it. 

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Why, of all the jobs he could have, would Urban Meyer come here? Just ask yourself that and then think about it for a couple seconds. The guy could basically get any job he wants and the one he’s going to take is with Dan Snyder....yeah, not buying it. 

How attractive was the Seattle Job when Pete Carroll took it? Money and the chance to expand their legacy is why he’d take it.

3 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

How attractive was the Seattle Job when Pete Carroll took it? Money and the chance to expand their legacy is why he’d take it.

Seattle was totally different. They didn’t have 20 years of a moron running their team. 

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

3 reasons

Dwayne Haskins, Terry McLaurin & Chase Young.

Faces of the franchise already here.

They just need a coach.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

3 reasons

Dwayne Haskins, Terry McLaurin & Chase Young.

Faces of the franchise already here.

They just need a coach.

Oh dude, come on. He can go to Dallas that has loads more talent. Or Jacksonville that has a lot of talent and he gets to pick his own QB. Shad Khan is also a decent dude. 

We’re the doldrums of the NFL. Hell, maybe even the entire sports world. I just can’t see Urban taking this job when he can have any open college job or NFL job that he wants. It just makes no sense to work here considering the conditions. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Very. Since he was offered complete control and the hammer was about to drop on him from stuff like the Reggie Bush situation in college. It was the perfect storm for Pete.

Urban doesnt have to work. And if he did it could be where ever he wanted with plenty options. And here, he would never have that same control so long as Bruce is around. If Urban wanted to coach at Dallas, Jags or other places. No doubt theyd give him control. But here, they wouldnt hire him if he wasnt a puppet with the FO pulling the strings.