Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

I think it is Finley saying we’re looking to make a splash at WR. He mentioned AJ Green. AJ is my guy and and I’d love him here but 31 and injuries. Of course he’s all the bengals have had he is still very much a top wideout!!!

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I think it is Finley saying we’re looking to make a splash at WR. He mentioned AJ Green. AJ is my guy and and I’d love him here but 31 and injuries. Of course he’s all the bengals have had he is still very much a top wideout!!!

Gotta give Case those weapons....sigh

He was the best player at an area of intense need. I think we need two high quality OL from this draft. A rookie can play well at guard . With moses and Trents injury history and Geron a big question mark we ideally need a starting left guard and a guy who can be counted on at LT when Trent gets hurt

i see our main needs to fill from this draft as OL, Edge and TE. Of course we need a QB but I’m not impressed with what I’ve seen there. The Northwestern guy is a good practice squad guy and if he doesn’t work out we didn’t invest much. He also looks like he is built to play TE if he washes out at QB lol 

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

He was the best player at an area of intense need. I think we need two high quality OL from this draft. A rookie can play well at guard . With moses and Trents injury history and Geron a big question mark we ideally need a starting left guard and a guy who can be counted on at LT when Trent gets hurt

i see our main needs to fill from this draft as OL, Edge and TE. Of course we need a QB but I’m not impressed with what I’ve seen there. The Northwestern guy is a good practice squad guy and if he doesn’t work out we didn’t invest much. He also looks like he is built to play TE if he washes out at QB lol 

I’d rather go edge, this is a SICK edge rusher class.  Our defense needs a legit edge rusher across from Kerrigan.  Also I don’t see us moving on from Trent or Moses this soon.  

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I’d rather go edge, this is a SICK edge rusher class.  Our defense needs a legit edge rusher across from Kerrigan.  Also I don’t see us moving on from Trent or Moses this soon.  

I wanted to but the way the draft game fell I didnt want to take Polite (as the others better rated were already taken). Ive watched the kid from USC- hes had some injury problems but he is Ryan Kerrigan 2.0- game changer, big, strong and has a knack for rushing the passer. I bet the Steelers or Pats take him as he is undervalued and perfect for their systems and they understand talent better.  

9 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

When would you draft an OT? It seems to me the best course of action is to re-sign Copper, sign a FA back up swing OT type and then draft an G/C type with in the first three rounds and then draft another one in the late rounds to develop as a reserve like we did with Roullier. 

I don’t think we should spend more high draft capital on OT just bc Trent and Moses have battled injuries the last two years and Christian got hurt last year too.

In a perfect world we’d be able to draft high for every position and fill every position with a high round pick or high priced free agent and then have great depth for them too. 

What you’re basically saying is just bc of what happened last year w/ injuries to TWill, Moses and Christian that we should draft another OT high, just Incase one of them has a major injured?

I don’t think we should use our draft capital that way. We need better depth and possible starters at other positions. We drafted Christian to be our back up swing OT. We need to let him continue to develop into that.

So, I say sign a back up OT type or draft a late round OT to develop behind our top 3, but in no way do I see OT as even a need in this draft, let alone a high draft need.

I don’t see why TE is a high need yet either. We haven’t even cut VD. Only if we cut VD, would I entertain drafting a TE. On this date we have Reed, VD and Sprinkle.

We have higher needs than both OT & TE. 

* Interior OL

* Edge

* QB

* Safety

* ILB 

* WR

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I just want a QB. I can’t do a season of Keenum and McCoy. 

I’m pretty sure we’ll draft a QB at some point. It’ll probably be a mid round guy to develop. I’m not sure we draft a QB high enough where that guy makes Colt expendable this season. It’s beyond obvious that Gruden likes Colt and at worst he wants Colt to be the back up on the team. Since we acquired Keenum as another stop gap to compete with Colt for the starting job, it’s most likely that any QB we draft will be our 3rd string QB and inactive all year unless we draft a QB in round 1.

6 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

I wanted to but the way the draft game fell I didnt want to take Polite (as the others better rated were already taken). Ive watched the kid from USC- hes had some injury problems but he is Ryan Kerrigan 2.0- game changer, big, strong and has a knack for rushing the passer. I bet the Steelers or Pats take him as he is undervalued and perfect for their systems and they understand talent better.  

I like him, but I really think we need to to a speed rusher to play at ROLB. A guy who has the speed to beat LTs consistently, get pressures and sacks. It seems to me Gustin would be another Kerrigan type, more power rusher than speed rusher. If he’s available in the mid rounds (our 3rd round comp or in the 5th round) I’d take him to be depth, but we really should be drafting Sweat, Ferrell, Polite or Burns in round 1 bc those are speed edge rushers which is what we need at ROLB. 

6 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Haven't heard much about him but I definitely liked what I just saw. He'd also actually fit a 3-4 D as a OLB. 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Haven't heard much about him but I definitely liked what I just saw. He'd also actually fit a 3-4 D as a OLB. 

From what I’ve seen he’s a mid round prospect. I’d take him there, but I’d definitely take a guy who can start at ROLB on day 1. We need that and Porter isn’t that.

Archived