Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

20 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Josh Oliver?

I’m thinking he means Ed Oliver. 

And he’s a really good player, but what are we gonna do with him? He plays the one position where we’re really and truly set for the time being. 

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

I’m thinking he means Ed Oliver. 

And he’s a really good player, but what are we gonna do with him? He plays the one position where we’re really and truly set for the time being. 

Ok. Whew. I like JOSH Oliver, just maybe in the 3rd-5th.

I love me some Ed Oliver, but like you said. What do we do?

Let me ask you something @e16bball. If he falls to us, I can see teams clamoring to come up to get him. Would you trade out of the pick?

13 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Let me ask you something @e16bball. If he falls to us, I can see teams clamoring to come up to get him. Would you trade out of the pick?

If we indeed get Rosen and the premier edge rushers are gone then ya I would trade back in a heartbeat. Allow us to recoup the pick or picks we lost on Rosen and be able to go CB, WR, OL, and LB with the first 4 picks is a win for us

45 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Absolutely. 

At that pick, the 3 that I’d really want are White, Sweat, and Burns. Have a bad feeling they’ll all be gone. Could live with Greedy or Baker there, probably be okay with Bush or Ferrell, and I won’t riot if they pick Hockenson. 

But my thought is, if most/all those guys are still on the board, we could move back 5-8 slots and still grab one of them. I really like this draft in rounds 2 and 3 — much moreso than I do in the mid 1st round area — so I’d love to pick up more picks in that range.

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

We could always draft a DE early and let Ioannidis walk next year and get a comp back for Ioannidis. Not what I want to to at all but that's what I think about when taking a 3-4 DE in round 1 or 2.

See I was thinking about The Greek when I asked. He could command good money but if we have Oliver to mix and match and give everyone a break I mean your talking about a huge nickel DL that I think honestly they all have enough explosion we could be sending 4 DT size men at a QB with the same get offs our OLBs have!!! Like I know that isn’t ideal but that rotation could just make it really hard for teams to even know what’s coming at them!!!

16 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I know he’s gone but would anyone actually be able to find a reason to be mad if Oliver was our pick?

Id take him in a heartbeat. Playmaker that took on double and triple teams every down in college. No.1 prospect in the country coming out of HS. And fit the billing being no talent was around him, so took on those triple teams and produced such positive stats.

Wed instantly have the best DL in the league. Look like on Unnecessary Roughness out there, QB hiding behind the ref yelling , "Blow the whistle, Blow the whistle!" 

53 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Id take him in a heartbeat. Playmaker that took on double and triple teams every down in college. No.1 prospect in the country coming out of HS. And fit the billing being no talent was around him, so took on those triple teams and produced such positive stats.

Wed instantly have the best DL in the league. Look like on Unnecessary Roughness out there, QB hiding behind the ref yelling , "Blow the whistle, Blow the whistle!" 

That’s what I’m talking about!!! I’m not trying to get excited but that player would transform this defense

20 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Honest question here: can you create a reasonable mock where Oliver falls to Washington at 15? What would it look like? I mean, I've tried to wrap my little brain around that, and I just don't see a scenario where it happens.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Honest question here: can you create a reasonable mock where Oliver falls to Washington at 15? What would it look like? I mean, I've tried to wrap my little brain around that, and I just don't see a scenario where it happens.

Me either. But I also couldn't conceive of Jonathan Allen falling to #17 two years ago, either.

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Me either. But I also couldn't conceive of Jonathan Allen falling to #17 two years ago, either.

Does Oliver have a red flag that I'm not aware of (a la Allen and his shoulder "injury")?

Archived