Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

Just want to throw this out there, last year the defense was much improved from what we have been used to seeing the years prior. They got worn down because the offense was very inadequate. With two new editions in Collins and Foster, it should be drastically improved over last season. There are two positions that should need an upgrade olb and safety.

I know you should draft BPA but for the love of God I hope we start investing in the offense. QB, WR, TE, and left guard need some help guys. We need to be able to score some points to help the defense out.

Little mini mock

Round 1. Dwayne Haskins 

Round 2. Chase Winovich 

Round 3. Terry Mclaurin 

Round 3. Dru Samania 

Round 5. Foster Moreau 

3 hours ago, Bo Duke said:

Just want to throw this out there, last year the defense was much improved from what we have been used to seeing the years prior. They got worn down because the offense was very inadequate. With two new editions in Collins and Foster, it should be drastically improved over last season. There are two positions that should need an upgrade olb and safety.

I know you should draft BPA but for the love of God I hope we start investing in the offense. QB, WR, TE, and left guard need some help guys. We need to be able to score some points to help the defense out.

Little mini mock

Round 1. Dwayne Haskins 

Round 2. Chase Winovich 

Round 3. Terry Mclaurin 

Round 3. Dru Samania 

Round 5. Foster Moreau 

Would be very happy with this draft. I just think I would want J Polite instead of Winovich. 👍

19 hours ago, Bo Duke said:

Little mini mock

Round 1. Dwayne Haskins 

Round 2. Chase Winovich 

Round 3. Terry Mclaurin 

Round 3. Dru Samania 

Round 5. Foster Moreau 

Give me Jakobi Meyers instead of Terry McLaurin at the end of the 3rd and then we’re really cooking with gas. Or even a trade back to take him in the 4th if that’s where his value appears to be.

I know Meyers profiles as more of a slot/possession receiver than a guy who can emerge as a true #1 on the outside, but I think he’s a star as a big slot. Some guys have a knack for getting open, and he’s one of them. “Former QB,” like Meyers, is a huge indicator for me of a guy who is going to develop into a safety blanket for a young QB — they understand routes and timing and what the QB is seeing. 

Winovich and Samia definitely profile as “Redskins” type picks — probably not the high ceiling of other options, but they have big-school pedigree and great intangibles and will play every down to the death. I’d be fine with those guys, although I think we might also be able to move down a hair and still get Winovich (late 2nd, maybe?)

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Jarrett Stidham-  I've been thinking we grab him with our 3rd round comp pick. Now this article says he can sneak in the late first round .. Really ? I know we brought him in for an interview .  Some gut feeling tells me he's our target .

https://thespun.com/football/nfl-scouts-think-jarrett-stidham-could-be-sneaky-first-round-pick

He is definitely a wild card. His arm is just as strong as Haskins or Lock in my opinion. He can spin it. He's really hard to protect because that offensive scheme was brutal for his type of play. I think he has potential to be pretty slick in a play action scheme 

On 4/12/2019 at 6:46 PM, Bo Duke said:

Little mini mock

Round 1. Dwayne Haskins 

Round 2. Chase Winovich 

Round 3. Terry Mclaurin 

Round 3. Dru Samania 

Round 5. Foster Moreau 

We also lost Smith, Swearinger & Zach Brown, so the Collins & Foster additions are pretty close to a wash and could be argued that if we don't sign or draft a good to great ROLB that our pass rush will be worse this year.

BPA in a position we need is what they need to do. 

Outside of questions at QB & LG it's pretty easy to make the case that the talent is there on our offense to have at worst an average offense.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

We also lost Smith, Swearinger & Zach Brown, so the Collins & Foster additions are pretty close to a wash and could be argued that if we don't sign or draft a good to great ROLB that our pass rush will be worse this year.

BPA in a position we need is what they need to do. 

Outside of questions at QB & LG it's pretty easy to make the case that the talent is there on our offense to have at worst an average offense.

Turtle that's not a wash. Reuben Foster and Landon Collins are way better than Brown and Swearinger. They're better teammates and harder workers. I will agree on OLB though, we need to improve there

Good  news  Bad news:

Good news is it doesn't sound like the Giants are in the market for a quarterback.

Bad news is Tyrann Mathieu spoke on Russell Wilson Seattle contract rumors and said Wilson wants to go to New York.

Not going to be fun if he goes there, dealing with that twice a year 

On ESPN, Kiper did a 3 round mock playing GM for all teams:

Round 1 (15): Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
Round 2 (46): A.J. Brown, WR, Mississippi
Round 3 (76): Oshane Ximines, DE, Old Dominion
Round 3 (96): Dru Samia, OG, Oklahoma

This would be an A+ draft. Although I'm not sold on Lock, he has talent and could possibly become a long term answer. We would fill multiple holes and have a few players you can sell the fanbase on for 2019.

1 hour ago, Bo Duke said:

Good  news  Bad news:

Good news is it doesn't sound like the Giants are in the market for a quarterback.

Bad news is Tyrann Mathieu spoke on Russell Wilson Seattle contract rumors and said Wilson wants to go to New York.

Not going to be fun if he goes there, dealing with that twice a year 

If Wilson does end up in Giants blue, I hope it costs them #6, #17 at least. Hopefully more, which is possible.

If I were Seattle, that would be my starting bid for Wilson.

Two firsts + some

1 hour ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

This would be an A+ draft. Although I'm not sold on Lock, he has talent and could possibly become a long term answer. We would fill multiple holes and have a few players you can sell the fanbase on for 2019.

I love that but just not sold on Lock if Haskins fell to us in the first then that’s absolute Gold! Love Ximenes! He’s the only OLB I feel could make an impact that doesn’t go in the first

17 hours ago, Bo Duke said:

Turtle that's not a wash. Reuben Foster and Landon Collins are way better than Brown and Swearinger. They're better teammates and harder workers. I will agree on OLB though, we need to improve there

Agreed on Collins, Reuben Foster is totally TBD. He did not have a good track record on the field etc, in San Fran which is one reason they decided to part ways despite the off the field accusations/issues.

15 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I can't see Lock falling to us past Denv & Mia or AJ Brown falling to round 2, but damn I’d take that draft!

Dude there are guys that speak breakdowns and the y’all dude on NFL live he has a very smart outlook as far as his grading things and what he values and doesn’t at positions he labeled Jones a bust for the same reasons I do!!! He has a similar breakdown as me of Murray. But he def has very similar grades on past QB’s. I was impressed!!!

Archived