Is it too early to focus on the 19 draft?

Doc Draper

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I’d rather have an explosive pass rusher. We do the “well rounded” thing all the time and that’s how we end up with Trent Murphy instead of Tank Lawrence and recently Ryan Anderson. Take the guy with the elite speed coming off the edge. 

Yep and as I’ve said before, as a rookie I’d have Burns play in the nickel - which we’re in 2/3 of the game or more - and Anderson we’d have in when were in our base 3-4 defense/run downs. That way you get to use the strengths of both guys. 

• Anderson plays on 1st downs & short yardage 

• Burns plays on 2nd/3rd and long and in obvious passing situations. Burns would  also play far more than Anderson when we play pass happy teams.

Sadly, in our division bot Dallas and the NYG are more run heavy teams do their snap counts would probably be about 50/50 for those 4 games a year.

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Finally seeing the light after all these years! Lol 😂 

No, I still think it's a mistake to run the 3-4. But they've finally invested in getting the pieces for it, so might as well ride with the jalopy.

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yep and as I’ve said before, as a rookie I’d have Burns play in the nickel - which we’re in 2/3 of the game or more - and Anderson we’d have in when were in our base 3-4 defense/run downs. That way you get to use the strengths of both guys. 

• Anderson plays on 1st downs & short yardage 

• Burns plays on 2nd/3rd and long and in obvious passing situations. Burns would  also play far more than Anderson when we play pass happy teams.

Sadly, in our division bot Dallas and the NYG are more run heavy teams do their snap counts would probably be about 50/50 for those 4 games a year.

You know how I say some things are "moves just to make a move?"

This sounds like "playing a guy just to play the guy" with regards to Anderson. For most of their games, Anderson would be a one/one-and-a-half down player under that scheme.

We might as well forget a pass rusher in round 1 or any other position besides quarterback unless we trade for Rosen. Not hard to see that one of the top 4 will be there at pick 15. Them taking a quarterback in round one almost seems like a slam dunk to me. There's no way they are going to not try and fix that position after last years debacle. Writing isn't just on the wall, it's all over it 

8 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

We might as well forget a pass rusher in round 1 or any other position besides quarterback unless we trade for Rosen. Not hard to see that one of the top 4 will be there at pick 15. Them taking a quarterback in round one almost seems like a slam dunk to me. There's no way they are going to not try and fix that position after last years debacle. Writing isn't just on the wall, it's all over it 

Actually I think it’s very unlikely they draft a  QB in the first round.

We're taking a QB in RD 1 or Rd 2 at minimum.

Gruden has to know his time is running out. Watching Alex & Colt drop like they did from injury, will compel him to take one very early. It could actually save his job.

But if he wants to get fired & move on to the Raiders immediately after the 2019 season? I have a 5 step program for him to follow.

Step 1: don't draft a QB till, after RD 5.

Step 2: don't trade down & take edge rusher @15, even though there's probably  3 or 4 of them when you select.

Step 3: completely avoid the WR position this draft.

Step 4: Completely avoid the LG position & just pretend Flowers will lock her down.

Step 5: Avoid any players from Alabama.Try something new, just to see what happens.

I promise...follow these 5 steps & it will guarantee not only a 6-10 season or worse, but your termination.

So any of you Skins fans who want Jay & Bruce gone? A top 10 pick in the 2020 draft?

This 5 step program would definitely be a success in making that happen.

I promise!

6 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

We're taking a QB in RD 1 or Rd 2 at minimum.

Gruden has to know his time is running out. Watching Alex & Colt drop like they did from injury, will compel him to take one very early. It could actually save his job.

But if he wants to get fired & move on to the Raiders immediately after the 2019 season? I have a 5 step program for him to follow.

Step 1: don't draft a QB till, after RD 5.

Step 2: don't trade down & take edge rusher @15, even though there's probably  3 or 4 of them when you select.

Step 3: completely avoid the WR position this draft.

Step 4: Completely avoid the LG position & just pretend Flowers will lock her down.

Step 5: Avoid any players from Alabama.Try something new, just to see what happens.

I promise...follow these 5 steps & it will guarantee not only a 6-10 season or worse, but your termination.

So any of you Skins fans who want Jay & Bruce gone? A top 10 pick in the 2020 draft?

This 5 step program would definitely be a success in making that happen.

I promise!

Why do you think Gruden will be the one making the calls ? 

On 4/16/2019 at 10:38 PM, Woz said:

You know how I say some things are "moves just to make a move?"

This sounds like "playing a guy just to play the guy" with regards to Anderson. For most of their games, Anderson would be a one/one-and-a-half down player under that scheme.

And I’m fine with that. Anderson’s best attribute as a 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE/SLB is a run defender. 

Burns best attribute is his pass rushing skills but he’s not as good against the run - at least I don’t think he will be as a young player - so you play the guy who’s good against the run on clear run downs and the guy who’s the dynamic pass rusher plays on all other downs/situations.

It’s a win win!

Just now, turtle28 said:

And I’m fine with that. Anderson’s best attribute as a 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE/SLB is a run defender. 

Burns best attribute is his pass rushing skills but he’s not as good against the run - at least I don’t think he will be as a young player - so you play the guy who’s good against the run on clear run downs and the guy who’s the dynamic pass rusher plays on all other downs/situations.

It’s a win win!

I think I'd rather give Burns the reps to grow into a run defender than split time like that.

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Me too. I can teach run defense. I can't teach fast twitch

You can’t teach size/lower body girth. Burns is a tall lean athlete that gets pushed around in the run game bc he’s 6’5, 249, and that was after he bulked up to be heavier for the combine. I think his natural playing weight is more like 240.

Anderson is a shorter, more powerful athlete with a stout lower body, perfect for a run defender bc he plays with great leverage and has a strong lower body.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I still say we trade for Rosen. It just makes far too much sense for both teams. And if you’re the Cardinals, how do you have a season hype video and not include your starting QB at all lmfao 

Rosen could be traded to Miami or the NYG also. I’d say it’s between us and those 2 teams.

Archived